The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Donald Trump Speech - How to Get Rich

For any book discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London

I just came across this, and have only listened to the introduction. I can't vouch for it yet, but I'm assuming there's some wisdom if he's now running for President (video was published 27 Jul 2013, book written much earlier).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Every word of Trump is pure wisdom.
Aspiring businessmen should read his books. Already established entrepreneurs can get a lot from his current presidential campaign.
Pure gold.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I just came across this, and have only listened to the introduction. I can't vouch for it yet, but I'm assuming there's some wisdom if he's now running for President (video was published 27 Jul 2013, book written much earlier).

I had this book. I actually threw it away instead of donating it to the library as I usually do with books I don't want anymore.

I didn't find anything actionable in the advice, honestly. Felix Dennis' similarly titled book is much better, imo.

I think there are much better books to spend your money on. Those are my two cents :)

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I didn't find anything actionable in the advice, honestly.
I think there are much better books to spend your money on.

iron16.jpg

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Donald Trump is a business genius . There is no denying that. Look how many times he lost it all and came right back up. Its admirable

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Lol. Not really. I was actually trying to be diplomatic. I think the book is full of crap.
Let me ask you how long ago have you escaped mediocrity (or have you)?
that's what is called being diplomatic, btw.

And yep, from your note on Felix Dennis' book, spoon feeding is exactly the reason.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Let me ask you how long ago have you escaped mediocrity (or have you)?
And yep, from your note on Felix Dennis' book, spoon feeding is exactly the reason.

I'm not addressing his business acuity. He is a good business person. I just didn't get anything from his book.

And I'm not taking your bait. I don't need to defend myself on a public forum. I thought this was a discussion about a book suggestion.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I had this book. I actually threw it away instead of donating it to the library as I usually do with books I don't want anymore.

:)

laughing out loud

but this is true for me as well .

i threw away trump's book " why we want you to be rich "

and i did it with tony Robbins books as well.

and for " law of attraction " books , i have tested my bushcraft knives on it because i hate being sold scam books .

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
laughing out loud

but this is true for me as well .

i threw away trump's book " why we want you to be rich "

and i did it with tony Robbins books as well.

and for " law of attraction " books , i have tested my bushcraft knives on it because i hate being sold scam books .

Im listening to this book right here and im at the 30 min mark and so far all im hearing is actionable steps to manage and build a great team.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I thought this was a discussion about a book suggestion.
That's exactly it.
To clarify things: Trump's book was thrown away by a person who is likely not rich. At the same time Felix Dennis' book is said to be a better one, which is 100% common sense spoon-feeding writing for people who are poor and will stay poor, because this book has nothing to do with how actual wealth is created.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
That's exactly it.
To clarify things: Trump's book was thrown away by a person who is likely not rich. At the same time Felix Dennis' book is said to be a better one, which is 100% common sense spoon-feeding writing for people who are poor and will stay poor, because this book has nothing to do with how actual wealth is created.

:kiss: Have a good day.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Every word of Trump is pure wisdom.
Aspiring businessmen should read his books. Already established entrepreneurs can get a lot from his current presidential campaign.
Pure gold.
"WE WILL PUT UP A WALL AND MAKE THE MEXICANS PAY"
"ALL MUSLIMS GET SENT BACK TO THEIR LAND"

Pure gold.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
"WE WILL PUT UP A WALL AND MAKE THE MEXICANS PAY"
"ALL MUSLIMS GET SENT BACK TO THEIR LAND"

Pure gold.
Imagine how all muslims will rave about Trump after he *surprisingly* decides to go the other way around, introducing a better national security system and literally winning all his enemies to his camp.
Lemmings gonna lemm. Smart people look deeper at reasons behind every action.

btw, only dumb will think that this message is about "politics".

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
That's exactly it.

Sorry, but i completely disagree with your take on Felix Dennis. His book "How to Get Rich" (also there's a slightly condensed version, "88 the Narrow Road" which wasn't as good) is only one I've read that I'd rate as highly as MJ's. I'd say it's a 'must read' after TMF , and compliments it well.

The Millionaire Fastlane & How to Get Rich are probably my top 2 books.

I've heard it mentioned before that Felix' mindset is a bit more traditional school, or has a "British" sense of humour. I'm from the UK, so didn't pick up on this.

Thanks for the input @mayana

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I have read a few books on Trump and also Dennis Felix book and liked them all. I only look for one or two bits of gold in every book so if there is more than that then it was worth the read. Both books delivered but Trumps book his a part of is self promotional brand so its a different style.

@mayana - there is a lot of fluff in Trumps books but some great content too. I think he just marketed a more general crowd. Dennis wrote his book shortly before he died so it was less about self promotion and more of a business legacy.

Edit. I can definitely see why some people might have issues though :woot:...

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 12.03.54 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads