The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does it matter if needs are old?

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Hi,

I have been researching an idea and I have researched if there are needs/problems inside this certain market and I have found out that there were two reasonable big issue's inside this market. First advertisers wanted more exposure for their ad and secondly they want their respondants to be more seriously so they don't screw the advertisers ads. I think I might have found a solution around these issue's.

There's only one important thing:
I have found these problems in internet threads that were 5-7 years old.

Can I still use these problems as seed idea's for my product and to fill a gap inside this market?

I hope you fellow entrepreneurs can help me out.

All the best,
Amro

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Technology moves on but basic human needs don't.

Shooting in the dark as obviously your description is basic to say the least (and rightly so) but from an advertising perspective technology has moved the needle a lot in the last decade. I'd be very concerned that the problem has already been solved.

Easiest way to find out is to reach out to the market place and speak to the people you think you could help the most. Find out if those issues still exist for them and if not what has happened over the last 5-7 years to rectify them.

But be mindful that just because a problem has received a solution doesn't mean that a more elegant one wouldn't work.

You don't need to invent the wheel. Sometimes it is a lot easier just to improve it as the concept has been proven so the market are more willing to accept it.

Often innovators have the hardest job and the businesses that spring up on the back of them make a killing with a much easier ride.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There's only one important thing:
I have found these problems in internet threads that were 5-7 years old.

Can I still use these problems as seed idea's for my product and to fill a gap inside this market?
Look at 1-3 years old or even a few months back to see if they still remain problems as a whole.

Even if someone tried to solve it, you might still get to hear people talking about it.

Call for a bump and thread re-visit, if you are getting the info from a forum. We do that here once in a while for a defunct progress thread that was quite promising.

Also, if you can see similarities in the people who posted the info and queries (e.g. 4/10 of the folks were accountants living in San Francisco, working for Fortune 500 companies), you might be ready to either call them up in person if you can for a more detailed chat, or contact the demograph as a whole.

But be mindful that just because a problem has received a solution doesn't mean that a more elegant one wouldn't work.
Or that they hadn't heard of the solution. There's room for marketing.

Even with the Internet, not all news and ideas reach people effectively.

I didn't even hear of such thing as a Paint Brush cover until I found this forum...:)

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Technology moves on but basic human needs don't.

Shooting in the dark as obviously your description is basic to say the least (and rightly so) but from an advertising perspective technology has moved the needle a lot in the last decade. I'd be very concerned that the problem has already been solved.

Easiest way to find out is to reach out to the market place and speak to the people you think you could help the most. Find out if those issues still exist for them and if not what has happened over the last 5-7 years to rectify them.

You don't need to invent the wheel. Sometimes it is a lot easier just to improve it as the concept has been proven so the market are more willing to accept it.

Often innovators have the hardest job and the businesses that spring up on the back of them make a killing with a much easier ride.

Hi @RazorCut ,

I would like to thank you for your clear explanation. Now I need to formulate my questions to my potential market in a way that my concept remains a secret but I'm getting the necessary need info I need to enter it.

All the best,
Amro

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Look at 1-3 years old or even a few months back to see if they still remain problems as a whole.

Even if someone tried to solve it, you might still get to hear people talking about it.

Call for a bump and thread re-visit, if you are getting the info from a forum. We do that here once in a while for a defunct progress thread that was quite promising.

Also, if you can see similarities in the people who posted the info and queries (e.g. 4/10 of the folks were accountants living in San Francisco, working for Fortune 500 companies), you might be ready to either call them up in person if you can for a more detailed chat, or contact the demograph as a whole.

Or that they hadn't heard of the solution. There's room for marketing.

Even with the Internet, not all news and ideas reach people effectively.

I didn't even hear of such thing as a Paint Brush cover until I found this forum...:)

Hi @ZF Lee ,

Bumping the thread was a nice one which I'm certainly going to try. And trying to connect to people directly is also a good idea.

Thanks my friend for the information!

All the best,
Amro

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!