The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone have experience in producing a direct mail brochure?

Marketing, social media, advertising

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
The goal of my mail package is to turn leads into prospects by getting them to claim a free trial of my service. I would like to ask a few quick questions to someone who has done it before. Any help would be appreciated.

I've read books on the topic, but I'd like to hear from someone who has some first hand experience.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Rephrase your question..... talk about what you have done, what has worked or not worked, what research you have already done, what things you are thinking of trying, post a few examples, etc.

Give to get.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Rephrase your question..... talk about what you have done, what has worked or not worked, what research you have already done, what things you are thinking of trying, post a few examples, etc.

Give to get.
I'm sorry you're right, I copied the wrong headline. Post Edited!

Do you have any experience?

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You say you are planning to send a mail package, so I assume there is a covering letter.

Yes, in my B2B importing business I had a phenomenal direct mail conversion rate. Knowing that you have read books on the topic. I suppose you know the basic rule that the headline is of vital importance.

The headline must make the recipient want to read on. Clickbait type headlines can be a severe let-down, so make the headline truly relevant but intriguing.

My all time-best was one that my wife was horrified at. It was not obscene or unpleasant in any way. After all I was writing to senior executives, but the headline content was contrary to good business practice, and suggested that my company's attitude was not what one would expect. They simply had to read on to know why some idiot would send them such a letter.

As they read on, the text totally reversed the headline impression. Sales from that mailshot were huge.

The second rule you have probably noted is that you should use a postscript. The content of your P.S. can be the biggest factor in conversions. I always had my postscripts printed so that they looked exactly like handwriting. I didn't use any handwriting style font, instead I hand wrote and the printer copied that. It's hard to resist the temptation to read a real handwritten postscript.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.