The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you think master degree in entrepreneurship is useless?

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
Hello,
I just wondering master degree in entrepreneurship is useless or useful for starting out own business?
Which courses should I take to learn more about entrepreneurship except collecting paper certificates?

Get a copy of The personal MBA by Josh Kaufman. Or check out his website. It should help you form your own answer to the question.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
As an example go for @biophases training when available. Just cut OPs costs again. OP can find plenty of very happy course former trainees on the forum I am sure.
I am too stubborn to take it, I have to figure it out myself.
Edit didn't mean any offence to anyone who takes the training, I certainly would but I have learnt so much from biophase and others here that I will go my own way shit or bust I think they say lol.

I have a Masters in Geotechnical Engineering. I bet nobody here knew or even cared. But I can build you a bridge or a dam if someone here needs one. :)

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Hello,
I just wondering master degree in entrepreneurship is useless or useful for starting out own business?
Which courses should I take to learn more about entrepreneurship except collecting paper certificates?
It's not useless for academia. But useless for starting a business.

The best entrepreneurs don't have a degree in entreprenuership.

This masters would be awesome if you want to deeply study entrepreneurship, but if you wanna be an entrepreneur you have to do entrepreneur shit.

Like SinisterLex said, there's a difference between calling yourself a thing and being a thing.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
I have a Masters in Geotechnical Engineering. I bet nobody here knew or even cared. But I can build you a bridge or a dam if someone here needs one. :)
Like you need the work lol :)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Business degrees are not useless. They're valuable.

If you want to work in someone else's business.
That's the whole point of "Bachelor/Masters in Business Administration".

Ironically, it seems most people who graduate from business studies never end up starting any businesses their whole lives.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't care what anybody says college degrees are worthless. Unless you are going to be a doctor or lawyer and even then it's overvalued.

Our education system in America is beyond screwed up.

Our government has created a synthetic bubble by guaranteeing student loans and the colleges have taken advantage of it by raising tuition, building useless buildings, raising salaries for deans and football coaches etc. All because of easy money and nothing to show for it. Yeah, the dean of the humanities department deserves a 200k salary to do basically nothing.

Economies change and evolve and our education system doesn't even acknowledge it and has failed to keep up with it.

If anything an education should be getting cheaper, and better, a clear sign that it has been corrupted and has failed. I mean computers and technology have gotten cheaper and better.

These days if you want a job people hiring only care about your EXPERIENCE not a piece of paper.

Terribly insane and sad what is happening in America today. It's hurting our economy by having 23 year old graduate with big loads of debt and useless skills.

My advice: Learn on the internet, be curious, learn immediately monetizeable skills, focus on how you can help others , learn how to solve problems etc.

Don't fall for this intellectual entitlement academia sells. It doesn't address market needs. It meets all the criteria for scam as much as people are resistant to thinking of it that way especially since it has been deeply conditioned in you.

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
But for the love of all that is holy please learn grammar and increase your vocabulary, somehow.

Bad grammar makes you look like an idiot; good vocabulary is the mark of an intelligent, flexible mind.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Depends on cost, where, etc...

If you got a full ride to Stanford or Harvard, it will be worth a ton.

But for the rest of us, generally speaking in America where such a thing will cost 6 years and a fortune, probably not.

LittleJohn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 30, 2018
Northeast USA
Fire up a Google Ads or Facebook Ads account. Don’t even “learn” the platform first.

Invest $5 or $10 every single day, getting visitors to a page. Maybe it’s a page you created. Maybe it’s the website for some local business.

Now try to convert that $ spend into $ revenue.

Bet you’ll learn more doing that over the course of one year than doing a full-time Masters.

This sounds like a great idea to not only learn this stuff but possibly test ideas I think.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Yes, completely useless! I have a Graduate Certificate in entrepreneurship which I got only because I could apply those classes to my master's in Computer Science, which I have since decided to stop pursuing.

You will learn a lot more by reading and doing, than you will ever learn from professors that are not entrepreneurs themselves.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
665297453.gif

Sorry guys. I saw The Matrix and Fight Club a few days ago. I have their quotes stuck in my head.

"Murder, crime, poverty...these things don't concern me. What concerns me are 500 television channels and some guys name on my underwear..."-Fight Club

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.