The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you recommend investing in an SEO software?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Ali

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 10, 2012
Oman
I've been spending endless hours to improve my google ranking but with no visible results. I came across some SEO softwares like iBusiness Promoter, SEO Studio and Web CEO. Some of them claim that they can put your website in the top 10 list with money back guarantee. Do you think it's a good investment? do I have to spend another round of endless hours following the instructions generated by these software or will they do most of the job for me?

Thanks in Advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtjr825

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 28, 2012
Detroit, MI
I've been spending endless hours to improve my google ranking but with no visible results. I came across some SEO softwares like iBusiness Promoter, SEO Studio and Web CEO. Some of them claim that they can put your website in the top 10 list with money back guarantee. Do you think it's a good investment? do I have to spend another round of endless hours following the instructions generated by these software or will they do most of the job for me?
Thanks in Advance

I suggest you invest in producing relevant optimized content for your website. The search engines will appreciate and reward you for refreshing content that gets engagement from social media.

Good luck

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

This is a great example of someone looking for an "event" vs someone who is willing to put in the necessary work (aka "process"). You want your site to show up in the top 10 search results (event) but you're looking to bypass the work necessary (process) to bring about that event. Have you read MJ's book yet? If not, get it now.

There are some software out there that can help automate a lot of SEO work but don't expect it to work magic. There are effective ways of using the software and there are other ways of using that same software that will cause more harm than good. It seems to me you're looking for software that you can just press a button and BAM! you're on the first page. Not going to happen. Even when using SEO software it takes a lot of work and know-how to make it work effectively.

Here are two threads you can dig in to that cover SEO techniques and software:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/we...ine-optimization-advice-im-here-help-you.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/we...-optimization-blackhat-whitehat-whatever.html

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeRuss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 13, 2012
Oregon
There are really too many free tools out there to justify using a proprietary solution for a small business. I'd invest instead in a small PPC campaign, using Google AdWords keyword tool (which is free), and building your SEO knowledge bit by bit. You should be spending your money on relevant content and smart, SEO-friendly web design instead of software.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Teach yourself, I did. I'm no expert but I got my blog to # 1 within a year and on the first page of Google. A few years ago I knew nothing about SEO. Read and try new things, you'll learn a lot!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Do you recommend investing in an SEO software?

I would say No. But that's just me. This is probably something you should learn, especially running an internet business, because it always changes and you need to be ready for it. Again, this is just my opinion, probably be best to get an experts advice. Anyway, I haven't really checked the SEO threads on here yet, but I'm sure there is a ton of great info here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

likeweb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Nov 20, 2012
What's your site?

I do agree with Zen, Vick and the other, I would not go the software route, better to teach yourself SEO and copywriting.

I would be skeptical, specially of those small software companies that promise you that for a few $$ you'll kick out Amazon and B&N from the "online book store" top search results. If they really worked and were constantly updated (which is unlikely if the software/service is purchase is on a non-recurring or one-time payment), everyone would be skipping right to the "event". Most likely you'll end up with a bunch of unanswered refund emails.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.