The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do business owners understand that getting more reviews helps bring in more customers?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I'm in the process of trying to scale my Saas (aimed at service based businesses) and would like some feedback on the best verbiage to use in my elevator pitch.

My software does the following all autopilot:

• Helps get business owners 3x more reviews compared to asking manually
  • Amplifies those reviews across their social media
  • Replies to their positive Google reviews rotating 10 different replies and using keywords about the services they offer which helps Google to rank them higher
  • Invites their previous customers to rebook at a later date (ie in 10 months time an automated text reminder goes out)
  • Recommendations feature gives their customers the ability to easily recommend them to their friends and family.

My question is do small business owners understand the power of online reviews?

Do I pitch this as:

A tool that gives them an automated, easy way to guarantee you will get at least 3x as many reviews from your customers.

or

A tool that makes it simple for you to get 3x more reviews from your customers and bring in more customers without paid ads - all on autopilot.

Or don't even mention reviews and pitch it as a tool that helps bring in more customers without paid ads.

I've read on here somewhere that when it comes to marketing sell the hole not the drill, ultimately what these small businesses want is more customers (the hole), I suppose the reviews (and other features) are the drill.

I can split test but I'm curious to see what anyone thinks?

How would you pitch this app in a small elevator pitch.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've read on here somewhere that when it comes to marketing sell the hole not the drill
I argue that people want to hang pictures of their loved ones rather than have a hole in their wall.

Anyway…

Have you spoke to many business owners face-to-face to describe the product? I like face-to-face as you can see them confused, bored, or getting an aha moment.

I like to think we’re in the business of selling/creating aha moments. Keep talking to people till you spot the aha moments, and then figure out how to get to them quicker.

Then “can” that.

Personally, I’d start with people who already know they want reviews. Figure out how to sell to them first?

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I argue that people want to hang pictures of their loved ones rather than have a hole in their wall.
Correct!

Anyway…

Have you spoke to many business owners face-to-face to describe the product? I like face-to-face as you can see them confused, bored, or getting an aha moment.

I like to think we’re in the business of selling/creating aha moments. Keep talking to people till you spot the aha moments, and then figure out how to get to them quicker.

Then “can” that.

Personally, I’d start with people who already know they want reviews. Figure out how to sell to them first?

I haven't spoken to any face to face but I do have over 30 paying customers already (carpet cleaners) but I got them from initially helping them with Facebook ads.

I suppose it's all about split testing different messages and seeing what sticks.

I did spend some time reading through one my competitors reviews to see what their customers were saying and almost all of them mentioned how they were getting more reviews and how easy it was compared to before.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.