The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DITCH THE CENTS!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Fran_C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 8, 2022
Chile
*Sorry for the clickbaity title, I hope this helps you if you decide to read it*

My name is Francisco, I'm a 20 y/o entrepeneur writing all the way from Chile, I've been consuming lots of educational contents (books, videos, seminars, courses, etc..) about finance, self improvement, business creation. And through this journey of learning about how money works, how to achieve financial independence and everything related to this subject matter, I came across a video posted by Hamza which mentioned MJ's book; The Millionaire Fastlane (Hamza is a highly recommended youtuber who preaches self improvement for young men for those who don't know, slight plug but I wouldn't mention it if I didn't think it couldn't help you in some way through your Unscripted /Fastlane journey :)), I've been studying Mj's books and the concept he's been teaching us for a little over 4 months now, I'm currently in his 2nd book "Unscripted " and the 3rd one is already through the shipping process to my house!

Now, you might be asking yourself "¿How does any of this matter to me?" lol

If you're already an established Fastlaner/Unscripted person then let me save you some time and mention that this might not be a post that would bring any value for you specifically, and also congrats, happy unscripted life :D

But if you're like me, and you are currently just starting your journey into this (literal) whole new world, then it might bring some value sticking through the post and reading my mini rant:

DITCH THE CENTS! *for now*

-
Yes, that's right, you read it correctly! Now, let me be clear, don't ditch the whole thing... Huh? What does this dude mean?
See, if you're like me and have a track record of brainstorming a million ideas for businesses one day and then having days, weeks, months, and in extreme cases even years pass before you take any type of action towards any of those ideas then this message is definitely going to help you! So first, let me be clear, CENTS is an amazing concept and framework that must be studied if one wants to make any difference in the world of helping people, and in turn helping oneself, but what I mean by "ditching the cents" is that whatever you're thinking of right now, wheter it might be a product or service doesn't have to comply with all of them, of course to a reasonable extent, but for example I've put this into practice, I took the first step a week prior to writing this and decided to act on one of my ideas and decided to make a small service centered business where I go to people's home using my bike and I clean their vehicle's headlights, I polish them and take the yellow oxidation off of the plastic making the headlights look brand new, this service goes about 15$ a pop and it definitely violates many of the cents commandments lol:
1.- Control, I am 100% dependant on the manufacturers of the products I use to do my service, and therefore if they go bankrupt then that means that my little business also goes down the hole!
2.- Entry, anyone, literally anyone can start to do this, there's a million tutorials on how to do this type of service and it isn't complicated at all, therefore there's a lot of competition! Even the same owners of the vehicles might not want to use my service and instead do it themselves (though if they're scripted then chances are they're too lazy to do it anyway lol)
3.- Need, this one is a tricky one, because personally in my city there are tons of vehicles that roam the streets with corn yellow headlights, I've made a conscious effort to count them throughout my day, omw to work and on the way back, and I've counted at least 80+ in my short commute (obviously there might be a considerable percentage of that number where the vehicles might be the same)
4.- Time, no need to mention this, my "business" is quite literally a 2nd part time job for me LOL
5.- Scale, it could be scalable, but only through a human resource seedling, and as you can imagine, a 20y/o uni dropout's margins aren't thick enough to hire ppl

Ok... So your business basically violates everything that Mj is preaching in his books, why should I take advice from you?

Yup! Exactly, it damn right does, but this is just a starting point, you see, I've always been the type of dude who's had tons of ideas and a lot of talk; "Oh well you know I'm working on this business idea right now, I just have to get the numbers right and plan every tiny detail before I even think about moving a muscle!!" "I just really really have to make sure that everything is going to work out because if I don't write this 100 page explanation on how I'm going to do it step by step then it isn't worth it" "Ok Francisco, just make this 30 page powerpoint on why this business is a good idea before actually doing anything in the real world" "I just have to wait a liiiitleee bit longer before the time's just right in order to take action" "Just a little more tweaks to my intricate businessplan.doc and we'll be ready to get started" just to hibernate in my bedroom infront of a laptop and a wall full of post it notes on every business idea I've had since i was 10. And all of this is even before I discovered MJ!

And so I was tired of my attitude, because in the end (and this might happen to you too) I realized that I was just coping, because I've always been so scared of being a failure or dissapointing the people i care about, or just being scared of risk in general, or even going out into the world and failing infront of strangers, think about that, scared of the world, what type of bitch weak mentality is that? So, I made a compromise with myself, I was either going to do something or just live as a scripted robot for the rest of my life, and so that's why I started my little CENT breaking business, and honestly, it just inspires me even more to go out there and be a failure! LOL, yeah that's right, it does because in the end, every one of the greats in the world, people who have literally changed the way we lived and helped us become more eficient at things ranging from; not dying to being able to have a little robot run around your house vacuuming your floor, all of them, literally all of them and all of their successes were built on a track record of failures.

So if there's anything that I would want you to take away from this horribly written rant is this:

ACT! That lemonade stand business idea? ACT! DO IT! NOW RIGHT NOW! "Oh but it viola.-" Stop being a bitch! Act on something right now, bring value in some way shape or form to someone, anyone literally, cut people's grass, clean windows, just do something that puts you in the direct line between 1) The value you bring and 2) The reaction of the person you're giving the value to.

Believe me when I tell you this; there's little that compares to the feeling you get when you've helped a stranger in their life and brought value in some way, no matter how big or small, the sensation you're rewarded with when you help out your fellow humans is indescribable.

So please, let this be a challenge; if you're like me, and are starting out, I challenge you to have brought value to someone in any way, you have 1 week, it can be literally anything, any type of business, like mine it doesn't have to obey the commandments or be perfect in any way, it just has to be! Start that damn lemonade stand, smile at a stranger, give someone directions, compliment a fellow human, whatever it is! Post your progress here if you'd like, I'll try to respond to all the comments (if anyone even sees this lol)

Finally, I just want to wish you the best of luck, if there's anything I can help you with (if you deem it reasonable to ask me for help in any regards after having read my little horribly written rant LOL) let me know! I'm always down to help my fellow humans and make connections along the way! Let's strive to be our best selves, and remember; this is just our first step, there's still a long road ahead that will culminate with us bringing inmense value to the world. Peaceeee!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
*Sorry for the clickbaity title, I hope this helps you if you decide to read it*

My name is Francisco, I'm a 20 y/o entrepeneur writing all the way from Chile, I've been consuming lots of educational contents (books, videos, seminars, courses, etc..) about finance, self improvement, business creation. And through this journey of learning about how money works, how to achieve financial independence and everything related to this subject matter, I came across a video posted by Hamza which mentioned MJ's book; The Millionaire Fastlane (Hamza is a highly recommended youtuber who preaches self improvement for young men for those who don't know, slight plug but I wouldn't mention it if I didn't think it couldn't help you in some way through your Unscripted /Fastlane journey :)), I've been studying Mj's books and the concept he's been teaching us for a little over 4 months now, I'm currently in his 2nd book "Unscripted " and the 3rd one is already through the shipping process to my house!

Now, you might be asking yourself "¿How does any of this matter to me?" lol

If you're already an established Fastlaner/Unscripted person then let me save you some time and mention that this might not be a post that would bring any value for you specifically, and also congrats, happy unscripted life :D

But if you're like me, and you are currently just starting your journey into this (literal) whole new world, then it might bring some value sticking through the post and reading my mini rant:

DITCH THE CENTS! *for now*

-
Yes, that's right, you read it correctly! Now, let me be clear, don't ditch the whole thing... Huh? What does this dude mean?
See, if you're like me and have a track record of brainstorming a million ideas for businesses one day and then having days, weeks, months, and in extreme cases even years pass before you take any type of action towards any of those ideas then this message is definitely going to help you! So first, let me be clear, CENTS is an amazing concept and framework that must be studied if one wants to make any difference in the world of helping people, and in turn helping oneself, but what I mean by "ditching the cents" is that whatever you're thinking of right now, wheter it might be a product or service doesn't have to comply with all of them, of course to a reasonable extent, but for example I've put this into practice, I took the first step a week prior to writing this and decided to act on one of my ideas and decided to make a small service centered business where I go to people's home using my bike and I clean their vehicle's headlights, I polish them and take the yellow oxidation off of the plastic making the headlights look brand new, this service goes about 15$ a pop and it definitely violates many of the cents commandments lol:
1.- Control, I am 100% dependant on the manufacturers of the products I use to do my service, and therefore if they go bankrupt then that means that my little business also goes down the hole!
2.- Entry, anyone, literally anyone can start to do this, there's a million tutorials on how to do this type of service and it isn't complicated at all, therefore there's a lot of competition! Even the same owners of the vehicles might not want to use my service and instead do it themselves (though if they're scripted then chances are they're too lazy to do it anyway lol)
3.- Need, this one is a tricky one, because personally in my city there are tons of vehicles that roam the streets with corn yellow headlights, I've made a conscious effort to count them throughout my day, omw to work and on the way back, and I've counted at least 80+ in my short commute (obviously there might be a considerable percentage of that number where the vehicles might be the same)
4.- Time, no need to mention this, my "business" is quite literally a 2nd part time job for me LOL
5.- Scale, it could be scalable, but only through a human resource seedling, and as you can imagine, a 20y/o uni dropout's margins aren't thick enough to hire ppl

Ok... So your business basically violates everything that Mj is preaching in his books, why should I take advice from you?

Yup! Exactly, it damn right does, but this is just a starting point, you see, I've always been the type of dude who's had tons of ideas and a lot of talk; "Oh well you know I'm working on this business idea right now, I just have to get the numbers right and plan every tiny detail before I even think about moving a muscle!!" "I just really really have to make sure that everything is going to work out because if I don't write this 100 page explanation on how I'm going to do it step by step then it isn't worth it" "Ok Francisco, just make this 30 page powerpoint on why this business is a good idea before actually doing anything in the real world" "I just have to wait a liiiitleee bit longer before the time's just right in order to take action" "Just a little more tweaks to my intricate businessplan.doc and we'll be ready to get started" just to hibernate in my bedroom infront of a laptop and a wall full of post it notes on every business idea I've had since i was 10. And all of this is even before I discovered MJ!

And so I was tired of my attitude, because in the end (and this might happen to you too) I realized that I was just coping, because I've always been so scared of being a failure or dissapointing the people i care about, or just being scared of risk in general, or even going out into the world and failing infront of strangers, think about that, scared of the world, what type of bitch weak mentality is that? So, I made a compromise with myself, I was either going to do something or just live as a scripted robot for the rest of my life, and so that's why I started my little CENT breaking business, and honestly, it just inspires me even more to go out there and be a failure! LOL, yeah that's right, it does because in the end, every one of the greats in the world, people who have literally changed the way we lived and helped us become more eficient at things ranging from; not dying to being able to have a little robot run around your house vacuuming your floor, all of them, literally all of them and all of their successes were built on a track record of failures.

So if there's anything that I would want you to take away from this horribly written rant is this:

ACT! That lemonade stand business idea? ACT! DO IT! NOW RIGHT NOW! "Oh but it viola.-" Stop being a bitch! Act on something right now, bring value in some way shape or form to someone, anyone literally, cut people's grass, clean windows, just do something that puts you in the direct line between 1) The value you bring and 2) The reaction of the person you're giving the value to.

Believe me when I tell you this; there's little that compares to the feeling you get when you've helped a stranger in their life and brought value in some way, no matter how big or small, the sensation you're rewarded with when you help out your fellow humans is indescribable.

So please, let this be a challenge; if you're like me, and are starting out, I challenge you to have brought value to someone in any way, you have 1 week, it can be literally anything, any type of business, like mine it doesn't have to obey the commandments or be perfect in any way, it just has to be! Start that damn lemonade stand, smile at a stranger, give someone directions, compliment a fellow human, whatever it is! Post your progress here if you'd like, I'll try to respond to all the comments (if anyone even sees this lol)

Finally, I just want to wish you the best of luck, if there's anything I can help you with (if you deem it reasonable to ask me for help in any regards after having read my little horribly written rant LOL) let me know! I'm always down to help my fellow humans and make connections along the way! Let's strive to be our best selves, and remember; this is just our first step, there's still a long road ahead that will culminate with us bringing inmense value to the world. Peaceeee!
Welcome Francisco!

It seems you have a talent for writing as well. New opportunities await you. I wish you success!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.