The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Digital Writing is Dead and AI Has Killed It

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Suppose you had a product / service that doesn't require you to write.

Does it make sense to write on social to try and generate interest on you? Seems like paid advertising could possibly work but with the advent of chatGPT i hardly even google anything anymore.

Just trying to wrap my head around this topic of proper execution / action faking. Seems in certain context writing is proper execution of fastlane ideology but in other context it is action faking.

Using content marketing to sell your product is different than writing as your main "product." I'm not particularly fond of organic social media marketing, though. If you want to use these platforms, assuming you have the budget, paid advertising (or paying influencers to promote you) is more efficient.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
- If you're writing "How to guides" on Twitter (X) or LinkedIn to help a specific group of people solve a specific problem with the intent to convert them to paying customer for your digital product / service
If the business being advertised is CENTS compliant and makes good money, sure. In this case, writing would be an excellent tool for growing your business.

@heavy_industry if you don't mind me asking do you generate income from a fast lane business or are you a slow laner executing on fast lane ideology to make the transition to fastlane?
You can't be both a slowlaner and a fastlaner at the same time.

Fastlane is an ideology. Is a mindset. Is a way of viewing yourself and the world through a different lens.

Fastlane is the operating system that governs your decision-making process and helps you decide where should you invest your time, energy, and focus - which are the most valuable resources you will ever have.

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022
You can't be both a slowlaner and a fastlaner at the same time.

Fastlane is an ideology. Is a mindset. Is a way of viewing yourself and the world through a different lens.

Fastlane is the operating system that governs your decision-making process and helps you decide where should you invest your time, energy, and focus - which are the most valuable resources you will ever have.

I feel like an impostor calling myself a fastlaner but no income stream from that paradigm yet.

Michiel Arkema

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 6, 2022
In a thread titled "Fastlane Opportunities for Writers" from 2021, MJ says:

View attachment 53326

This was even before AI was mentioned in the thread.

Is it still worth it to write on Medium as a beginner in Entrepreneurship? Or even write at all?

I've started writing consistently for the last 3 months now, have around 250 followers and have earned around $5.

For the past week, I've been publishing every day, as advised by Nicolas Cole in his book about online writing. I find it very difficult.
Now, Nicolas Cole himself has started popularizing using AI for writing and as a tool to come up with endless ideas.

Tons of users are making articles using AI.

They can publish at a faster rate and with ease. I've found so many AI articles with a high amount of claps. Scroll down to the comments and you find comments written about how great this article is, using AI, from accounts that also post AI articles. It's like a wholesome AI writing society sitting in a circle scratching each other's backs.

I feel like I'm wasting my time because I could be spending this energy in the pursuit of something more worthwhile. Of course, learning to write is a good skill, but posting articles on Medium feels obsolete when I'm competing with this enormous supply of daily articles. Once I hit 120 articles written, I plan to re-evaluate writing and quit if it's not worthwhile. Currently around 51 articles published.

At least I'll rack up some credibility if I'm going to go for other writing-related pursuits.
I do not enjoy writing every day and writing repetitive self-help content as if I'm an all-knowing and experienced guru but it's the only type of content that works on there.

Interested in hearing your thoughts on this topic. Should I succumb to the AI dark side myself or ignorantly stay human?
Use your writing skills to build a REAL personal brand that creates deep connections with the readers. The people who use AI will never succeed in the long run.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Use your writing skills to build a REAL personal brand that creates deep connections with the readers. The people who use AI will never succeed in the long run.

If you can spam Google with AI and make it work well, you don't need to succeed in the long run. There are plenty of people making six figures per month doing that. I doubt they worry about building a real personal brand, lol.

Michiel Arkema

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 6, 2022
If you can spam Google with AI and make it work well, you don't need to succeed in the long run. There are plenty of people making six figures per month doing that. I doubt they worry about building a real personal brand, lol.
Money-focused people will fail pretty ASAP as they're building their business on cardboard boxes. Instead, go spend the time and energy in building a REAL brand that people connect with.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Money-focused people will fail pretty ASAP as they're building their business on cardboard boxes. Instead, go spend the time and energy in building a REAL brand that people connect with.

You sound like you're only getting started and are still an idealist :)

Good for you. Perhaps the real world won't destroy that nice belief of yours.

The truth is that the market doesn't care either way whether you're money-focused or not. And in some environments and platforms (like Google SEO) "unethical" approaches, purely from the effectiveness perspective, work better.

Do I condone that? Nope. But there are countless examples of people doing way, way better this way than people with "REAL" brands that people connect with.

Michiel Arkema

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 6, 2022
und like you're only getting started and are still
You sound like you're only getting started and are still an idealist :)

Good for you. Perhaps the real world won't destroy that nice belief of yours.

The truth is that the market doesn't care either way whether you're money-focused or not. And in some environments and platforms (like Google SEO) "unethical" approaches, purely from the effectiveness perspective, work better.

Do I condone that? Nope. But there are countless examples of people doing way, way better this way than people with "REAL" brands that people connect with.
My ability to be realistic often makes people think I'm an idealist. And as someone who has a business coach myself, It's not like what I'm saying has no background ;).

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
The whole thread is split into 2 kinds of people:

1. The ones who see the power of AI and some kind of replacement or at least, an enormous rise in productivity (aka displacement at the end of the day, because you won't need 3 copywriters, but one. Or none, as you can do everything by yourself.

2. The ones who think that businesses that use AI will fail in the long term.

I will give just one example (even if I know countless): there is a big supplement company that made around $2M/year before AI. Since AI, that guy kept only 1 copywriter, the others were fired. (also him, who knows copywriting and he is a "master" in AI)

Now, his business makes more than $10M/year, with fewer working hours and better quality content. He uses AI for every single thing, from writing to AI-generated pics and just putting the product in Photoshop to be real looking, to optimizations, conversions, web design, customer service, and email/SMS marketing.

He is a master in AI, simply saying: The better the input, the better the output.

Michiel Arkema

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 6, 2022
The whole thread is split into 2 kinds of people:

1. The ones who see the power of AI and some kind of replacement or at least, an enormous rise in productivity (aka displacement at the end of the day, because you won't need 3 copywriters, but one. Or none, as you can do everything by yourself.

2. The ones who think that businesses that use AI will fail in the long term.

I will give just one example (even if I know countless): there is a big supplement company that made around $2M/year before AI. Since AI, that guy kept only 1 copywriter, the others were fired. (also him, who knows copywriting and he is a "master" in AI)

Now, his business makes more than $10M/year, with fewer working hours and better quality content. He uses AI for every single thing, from writing to AI-generated pics and just putting the product in Photoshop to be real looking, to optimizations, conversions, web design, customer service, and email/SMS marketing.

He is a master in AI, simply saying: The better the input, the better the output.
I'm not against the use of AI. In fact, AI can help you save tons of time and effort. But I am against people who use AI to create their whole business so that they don't have to do anything.

It's similar to e-commerce companies that sell clothing but secretly dropship it without telling the customer.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
But I am against people who use AI to create their whole business so that they don't have to do anything.
You don't have to be against anything. The market is self-regulating.

As soon as something becomes so easy to do that any idiot can start a "business" by pressing a few buttons (AI, or any other technology), the profit margins are very quickly plummeting to 0.

There's a reason we have Entry in CENTS.

You can get rich fast, but you can't get rich easy. If everybody can easily do what you can do, you are, by definition, working for minimum wage and competing with other lazy idiots for the low-hanging fruit.

In addition to that, I predict that the widespread abuse of AI that is going to occur over the next decade will open up unique business niches that favor real human connection - as the market will get sick of taking to software.

"Talk to a REAL HUMAN" - will likely become a positive value skew in the next decades.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Writing has probably never been a "fastlane" opportunity, even before AI.

Now that that's out of the way, I can say that AI will not replace the job done by content writers.

We currently work with 3 content writers, and although AI can be part of the workflow, it's not a replacement. Someone still needs to use the AI. And AI is still sucky when it comes to subtleties and nuance and specific examples / case studies.

We're always looking for more content writers, if anyone knows experts, feel free to DM me (please note, I said EXPERTS – not beginners looking for some quick way to make money).

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
In a thread titled "Fastlane Opportunities for Writers" from 2021, MJ says:

View attachment 53326

This was even before AI was mentioned in the thread.

Is it still worth it to write on Medium as a beginner in Entrepreneurship? Or even write at all?

I've started writing consistently for the last 3 months now, have around 250 followers and have earned around $5.

For the past week, I've been publishing every day, as advised by Nicolas Cole in his book about online writing. I find it very difficult.
Now, Nicolas Cole himself has started popularizing using AI for writing and as a tool to come up with endless ideas.

Tons of users are making articles using AI.

They can publish at a faster rate and with ease. I've found so many AI articles with a high amount of claps. Scroll down to the comments and you find comments written about how great this article is, using AI, from accounts that also post AI articles. It's like a wholesome AI writing society sitting in a circle scratching each other's backs.

I feel like I'm wasting my time because I could be spending this energy in the pursuit of something more worthwhile. Of course, learning to write is a good skill, but posting articles on Medium feels obsolete when I'm competing with this enormous supply of daily articles. Once I hit 120 articles written, I plan to re-evaluate writing and quit if it's not worthwhile. Currently around 51 articles published.

At least I'll rack up some credibility if I'm going to go for other writing-related pursuits.
I do not enjoy writing every day and writing repetitive self-help content as if I'm an all-knowing and experienced guru but it's the only type of content that works on there.

Interested in hearing your thoughts on this topic. Should I succumb to the AI dark side myself or ignorantly stay human?

Writing should be valuable, that is, it can only work as a result of doing something else.

Look at the Gold threads. They're valuable because the writers got results everybody else wants to get.

So you can still make money in writing, but that's something you do after you have done something great, not before.

"Talk to a REAL HUMAN" - will likely become a positive value skew in the next decades.

100%. In a world ruled by AI, human interaction will become a luxury.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

As soon as something becomes so easy to do that any idiot can start a "business" by pressing a few buttons (AI, or any other technology), the profit margins are very quickly plummeting to 0.

You can get rich fast, but you can't get rich easy. If everybody can easily do what you can do, you are, by definition, working for minimum wage and competing with other lazy idiots for the low-hanging fruit.

In addition to that, I predict that the widespread abuse of AI that is going to occur over the next decade will open up unique business niches that favor real human connection - as the market will get sick of taking to software.

I wish. It’ll be that way for more niche companies, but for big companies like banks, telecoms, etc; we’re all going to get stuck with chatbots. As if those automated phone lines weren’t bad enough

For the big companies with government regulation preventing competition, if everyone had equally shitty service, they all save money.

Michiel Arkema

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 6, 2022

Glad to see someone else who speaks facts.

uday12344

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 15, 2024
True digital writing is dead and ai has killed it .Digital writing has evolved with the rise of technology, providing new platforms and opportunities for authors, journalists, bloggers, and content creators. AI, on the other hand, has been employed to enhance various aspects of writing, such as grammar checking, content generation, and language translation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.