The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Digital Marketing Agency for Dentists

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Aryeh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
I'm starting to create my own Digital Marketing Agency.Before we start,I would like to thank @Sean Marshall for the inspiration. I started by copmpleting all the preliminary processes,such as buying demain or choosing hosting. Then I create with Wordpress a simple and clear site,with only basic information. I attach it here:

Le potenzialità digitali al servizio dei dentisti - DigiTeeth (you can change the language,for now just two:Italian and English)

Tips and tricks are welcome.

Now It's the hard part:focus on the need and the market. I'm thinking about a market where dentists are very requested and demand is very high and various dentists compete for patients. I searched on the Internet and California could be a good place,but I need to analyze the situation.
Another place could be Albania:many italian people,because of the cost,decide to go there and Italian clients could be very attractive to dentists.
Recently I had another idea:making a Lead Generation Agency for dentists in Albania and then sell them,since the demand exists,lists of clients who would like to have surgery there,and who will then contact them.
I'm a little bit uncertain about the market,also here tips are welcome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Find a problem. Understand it. Solve it. Sell it. Build it.

You've skipped the first 4 steps.

Aryeh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
@maverick In which way can I find a problem ? Searching on the Internet ? Asking with the vendors ?

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
You're building a solution, then looking for a problem. Which can be done but it will be a lot harder.

Do dentists even have an interest in digital marketing? What is it that they want? What are they currently paying for this? Etc etc

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
@maverick In which way can I find a problem ? Searching on the Internet ? Asking with the vendors ?
You can check this thread out to find a problem SM-

You're building a solution, then looking for a problem. Which can be done but it will be a lot harder.
This. I don't think it's best to start with an idea and try to get prospects. That can lead to a push. (Marketing based)

Instead, start with the prospects then create a solution. This leads to a pull. (Leaning into a productocracy).

Don't start and say, "I want to start a business. I'll do x"

Instead, start and say, "What problem can I solve? Who else has this problem? Will others pay me for the solution?"

Aryeh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
I will follow 2 ways: the first scenario is sending emails to many dental centers with the aim to ask them what are the main obstacles and problems of their job,the solution and how much they are willing to Pay;the second scenario is the creation of an online questionnarie on a platform so that many people can see it and complete it, and then read the results. Only for this second scenario, I don't know which platform to use

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I will follow 2 ways: the first scenario is sending emails to many dental centers with the aim to ask them what are the main obstacles and problems of their job,the solution and how much they are willing to Pay;the second scenario is the creation of an online questionnarie on a platform so that many people can see it and complete it, and then read the results. Only for this second scenario, I don't know which platform to use
Ok, so being one of the probably few people I've seen on this forum following this approach (Maybe I need to surf the forum more lol), I do not recommend this approach to find and solve a problem. Love the initiative though!

The reason being:

A) People are not that willing to talk to someone about their "problems". (From my own experience, you can of course find a different outcome).

B) The problem you find, you are not passionate and very knowledgeable about it. Thus, when it gets hard, you are more than likely to fall away.

Here's what I suggest instead.

Find your own problems. Grab a daily problem journal and just write the annoying, frustrating and time consuming things daily. Yes, even the silly ones. In about 2-7 days you'll start to see problems that could be big.

Then check if other people have this problem online. On forums for example. Much better than asking and faster too. Find 10 people who have that problem and confirm the market is big enough.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
As your website is in Italian (May I remind you that Italy is the 8th largest economy in the world) would it not make sense for you to start with Italian Dentists rather than US or Albanian ones?

You presumably have a dentist that you can ask questions and also you can find out what publications they read to pick up on problems and trends within the Industry.

Dan

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Ok, so being one of the probably few people I've seen on this forum following this approach (Maybe I need to surf the forum more lol), I do not recommend this approach to find and solve a problem. Love the initiative though!

The reason being:

A) People are not that willing to talk to someone about their "problems". (From my own experience, you can of course find a different outcome).

B) The problem you find, you are not passionate and very knowledgeable about it. Thus, when it gets hard, you are more than likely to fall away.

Here's what I suggest instead.

Find your own problems. Grab a daily problem journal and just write the annoying, frustrating and time consuming things daily. Yes, even the silly ones. In about 2-7 days you'll start to see problems that could be big.

Then check if other people have this problem online. On forums for example. Much better than asking and faster too. Find 10 people who have that problem and confirm the market is big enough.
VERY true. People will not just tell a "random" stranger what their problem in their company is, maybe 1 out of 100. You need to find a way to get them to talk to you. People lie all the time.

Questionnaires can be a good thing. Dentists from my experience are usually very busy people but they will have a receptionist or two who may take care of their social media like FB or Instagram from time to time. Besides, you never really know if people are actually interested UNTIL they give you their money and actually pay for your stuff. I did some free trials in the past, about 30-40 and none of them have bought even though they "seemed" or "acted" interested.

It's just a different relationship from the start when they pay from the get go. When they don't pay they're gonna be like "Ok, I haven't paid this person for over a month and now I'm supposed to pay him $1,000 to run my FB ads or social media? Nah".

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
What people say they'll do and WHAT they'll actually do are two completely different things brother. You never know unless they actually have a meeting with you and pay you before you start. If someone is really interested they'll do anything to buy your product/service, period.

If not, well then you're gonna face more resistance and get ambiguous responses from them like "Oh, I have to think about it". Think about what? When they say that it's usually because of price. It's too expensive for their broke a$$ OR they don't see enough value, then you got to make sure you present your offer appropriately next time.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hey @S.M. I have a friend who makes super good money running a DM agency serving only dentists. It's a good niche if you can deliver results. They definitely have a need.

Have you made any progress yet? What questions do you have?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.