The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Defining The Levels of Progression

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
@Primeperiwinkle, how come that is a problem? Is the next city over too close for your industry? What if you considered scaling on a different level, such as online, instead of scaling to just the area you live in? Even if your business model involves your personal skill, if you have related products to sell, sell them in your brick and mortar and online. Then maybe your profits will start to come more from product sales than from your skill. Since I don't know exactly what you're talking about, it's hard to know if that's helpful. Even if you follow your mentor's model, if they are a town over, then perhaps geographically, your area can sustain two similar models.

I think I could follow her model but.. I really haven’t been singularly focused on my business growing. It’s hard for me to consider really committing to it... I love what I do but.. hmm.. my main problem has been trying to figure out if this business is where I want to focus all my time for the next several years.

I’m a planner and I screw myself over by wanting the plan to be perfect first. Sometimes I put whole weeks into my business and get a 500% ROI.. then I get sidetracked or scared. I know there’s a ceiling to how much I can make without employees or a franchise model and.. I don’t want to franchise. It’s frustrating.

I would agree with this whole heartedly.

The application of leverage to a venture helps make it transcend a linear growth model and instead make larger leaps.

Providing value to customers is linear.

Providing value to customers and financial opportunity simultaneously is what accelerates the growth curve.

There is a TON of evidence out there to support this and I believe its understanding is integral to achieving desirable levels of scale.

And I just gave everyone a little 30k foot view of a bit of my summit presentation.

I’m really glad you commented. Thank you! I look forward to your talk.

Referring to financial opportunity in the form of win-win situations for employees, investors and partners?

We golfing when you’re in town?

Golfers... smh. Rofl

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Freaking love this thread. Great conversation @Primeperiwinkle.

How are your thoughts now that almost two months have passed?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Freaking love this thread. Great conversation @Primeperiwinkle.

How are your thoughts now that almost two months have passed?

Well.. I figured out this new paradigm shift thing.. and had my highest month ever in October. So.. that’s something.

Now I’m just wrestling with my main purpose vs making money.. but it’s possible those aren’t antagonistic.

Gimme another six months. lol

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I've been working over the last year to pass tasks off to an employee - and I've been mildly successful, but there is still a deep thought that I can't take myself out of the process. Clients expect "me" so how do I take myself out? How do I move from Business Operator > Business Owner?
For me that began when I started my first business. I decided that the business would work for me. I would not work for the business. I have seen too many business operators who are slaves to their business. Give yourself whatever fancy title appeals, but not CEO or President etc. If customers know that you are the owner they will continue to expect to deal direct with you. It boost their egos. I always had a fictitious boss that I had to "consult" at times.
With a physical-goods business, it seems relatively easy. The end customer is buying a product, not knowledge or service.
Not necessarily so. My products in business #1 were of little value if my knowledge was not an integral part of the deal. The products were invariably introducing new concepts, and the customers needed my knowledge to teach them those concepts. Those concepts were quite easy to teach, and that made it possible for me to license those products and concepts.
I’m convinced that Time Management is essential to leveling up, specifically utilizing the hours from 9pm-1am wisely.
I wholeheartedly agree with the first part, but as for 9pm-1am --- NEVER, but time during business hours must be used with maximum efficiency. If those are your business hours, that is a different matter.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.