The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Defining "Business System" and "Money System"

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Zakary Frank

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 25, 2016
I absolutely loved listening to the audio for the Millionaire FASTLANE book and am now revisiting its principles.

Now I am looking for a clear definition of the terms "Business Systems" and "Money Systems" as used in DeMarco's book.

Do you have a definition that helps you think about these concepts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I absolutely loved listening to the audio for the Millionaire FASTLANE book and am now revisiting its principles.

Now I am looking for a clear definition of the terms "Business Systems" and "Money Systems" as used in DeMarco's book.

Do you have a definition that helps you think about these concepts?
It's great that you've read the book.

Why worry about definitions of concepts though?

Would it be better to focus on making another sale or getting another customer this week?

I ask this because it sounds like you're treating this is a theoretical exercise, when I'm sure MJ would be delighted if you read the book, found a need, added value, and reported back that you'd made a sale or more sales.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A business system is an entity that provides value while being partially disconnected from your time.

A money system is a capital rental system -- instead of having a business of products or services, you have a business of renting money.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
you have a business of renting money.

The way you word this confuses me. Isn't this where you have let's say $100,000,000 after selling your business and live off the interest?

Zakary Frank

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 25, 2016

Would it be better to focus on making another sale or getting another customer this week?

I ask this because it sounds like you're treating this is a theoretical exercise, when I'm sure MJ would be delighted if you read the book, found a need, added value, and reported back that you'd made a sale or more sales.

Believe me. I am not worried about the definition of concepts. Simply rereading the section where MJ discusses implementing your business system to include a split of 40% taxes/40% money system/20% lifestyle.

I was getting confused and was simply asking for some clarification.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
A business system is an entity that provides value while being partially disconnected from your time.

A money system is a capital rental system -- instead of having a business of products or services, you have a business of renting money.
So a business system would be something like a blog or some sort of company where I put in little work. While a money system would be like stock, bonds or real estate

ecom andy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 16, 2021

You really have to understand the concepts in order to remember it better! If you don't understand the definition of the concepts, it's just words on a paper!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.