The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Decided to take action and add Value

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019
So i decided to take action by doing two things!
Been reading about copywriting and learning to write so...
I did a google search and found out that the famous Boron letters were hard to get in a pdf albeit for free -- its hard for people to really want to pay for stuffs they are unsure about!
So i said why not make a free PDF of all the 25 letters and also write a little copy alongside --- which i did!
Would appreciate a review of the copy and sharing the PDF.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
My opinion:

You are a poor communicator and salesman. Your website screams cheesy bullshit. Convincing people or getting them to engage is not a strength of yours and will not result in you becoming successful by using content marketing to make an income online with your cheesy a$$ website “rich billionaire”.

That, however should not cause you to become sad or defensive or to lose any confidence. You should have the self awareness and lack of attachment to honestly reflect and say “ah, maybe he’s right” and then start to discover whichever talents and abilities you truly have.

Based on what I’ve seen on your website, it is like a 3 foot tall person who might be an amazing painter, but is trying to become a basketball player. It’s just not good for anyone and you’ll work your a$$ off to just be disappointed. That’s what I think of your website.

You should find something you are talented at naturally and pursue it enough to develop it at a high level and the market will reward you for it. Plus you’ll enjoy it more. But whatever ambitions you have with this website, they are just not realistic. It will do little for you, at least compared to something else that you’re naturally better at.

I do not like your website at all. But that is just my opinion.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
My opinion:

You are a poor communicator and salesman. Your website screams cheesy bullshit. Convincing people or getting them to engage is not a strength of yours and will not result in you becoming successful by using content marketing to make an income online with your cheesy a$$ website “rich billionaire”.

That, however should not cause you to become sad or defensive or to lose any confidence. You should have the self awareness and lack of attachment to honestly reflect and say “ah, maybe he’s right” and then start to discover whichever talents and abilities you truly have.

Based on what I’ve seen on your website, it is like a 3 foot tall person who might be an amazing painter, but is trying to become a basketball player. It’s just not good for anyone and you’ll work your a$$ off to just be disappointed. That’s what I think of your website.

You should find something you are talented at naturally and pursue it enough to develop it at a high level and the market will reward you for it. Plus you’ll enjoy it more. But whatever ambitions you have with this website, they are just not realistic. It will do little for you, at least compared to something else that you’re naturally better at.

I do not like your website at all. But that is just my opinion.

I like you how you gave the OP honest feedback, it will help him.

Off-topic:

But.. I think talent is overrated. No such thing as a talent. If he wants to get good at copy , he will get good at it after rigorous practice.

It’s just a matter of whether he likes it or not.

At the same time I sort of agree with you. I studied engineering, and I suck at it (real bad), sometimes.

I did competitive swimming for 8+ years, but didn’t get into Olympics (maybe because I am not naturally good at it?)

I am good at other things I didn’t go to school for or wasn’t specifically trained. What a mystery...

Last edited:

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
I think the problem isn’t talent or no skill. I think the problem is a lack of value added and also a money chasing problem. Find your why first

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
With ads like this on your site, no one except for scammers will take you seriously.

As a copywriter, I initially thought, "Oooh, cool, the Boron letters in a PDF? That sounds valuable."

And as a copywriter, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you're just learning. Maybe English is not your first language. Maybe you should be encouraged to grow.

But as soon as I got onto your site I realized there was not a chance I was going to take you up on that download. I'll just read the Boron Letters for free on Gary Halbert's own site, thank you.

Everything about your site screams the opposite of a trustworthy site.

In fact, everything about your site shows me that your target market is the broke, desperate, gullible, uneducated people who fall into the trap of working for Nigerian scammers.

Now I know not to trust you on the forum.

I would suggest that you review the commandments of CENTS in order to create an actual fastlane business for yourself.

I would also suggest that if it is your goal to add value to business owners or fastlaners, you must get very clear on WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE and create something that will resonate with them.

This is a fundamental rule of copywriting.

By creating content for a broke, desperate, gullible, uneducated target market, you automatically alienate the people who are wealthy, influential, and sophisticated.

But here's my question...

Which customer base is going to be more able to pay you handsomely if you add value to them?
  • The broke people?
  • Or the wealthy people?

I had a job for a few months working for a bank that targeted broke people. They made all their money in overdraft fees. All their customers were poor people, people on Social Security, people who were bankrupt, and people who couldn't open a bank account anywhere else because no other bank would accept them.

A huge percentage of our customers would overdraft their accounts every month. So for every overdraft, they would pay the bank a $25 overdraft fee.

I realized very quickly that the bank itself was barely making money. They couldn't hire people. They couldn't pay their managers. The branch managers were making $35,000 a year to work 60 hour weeks and not get any days off. As a personal banker, I was making $9.25 an hour. The guy working in the kitchen at Sonic was making more than me. (I knew, because I cashed his checks.)

And I was like, "What in the world? Most banks make money because they cater to rich people. They make money off of mortgage loans. They attract big businesses and make money off of interest on business loans. What is this company thinking?"

It's a mistake to target broke people, @poepe .

You may need to do a major overhaul of your mindset in order to be able to create value and resonate with an affluent target audience. I would say get to work and don't waste any time on this.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
With ads like this on your site, no one except for scammers will take you seriously.
View attachment 26301

As a copywriter, I initially thought, "Oooh, cool, the Boron letters in a PDF? That sounds valuable."

And as a copywriter, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you're just learning. Maybe English is not your first language. Maybe you should be encouraged to grow.

But as soon as I got onto your site I realized there was not a chance I was going to take you up on that download. I'll just read the Boron Letters for free on Gary Halbert's own site, thank you.

Everything about your site screams the opposite of a trustworthy site.

In fact, everything about your site shows me that your target market is the broke, desperate, gullible, uneducated people who fall into the trap of working for Nigerian scammers.

Now I know not to trust you on the forum.

I would suggest that you review the commandments of CENTS in order to create an actual fastlane business for yourself.

I would also suggest that if it is your goal to add value to business owners or fastlaners, you must get very clear on WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE and create something that will resonate with them.

This is a fundamental rule of copywriting.

By creating content for a broke, desperate, gullible, uneducated target market, you automatically alienate the people who are wealthy, influential, and sophisticated.

But here's my question...

Which customer base is going to be more able to pay you handsomely if you add value to them?
  • The broke people?
  • Or the wealthy people?

I had a job for a few months working for a bank that targeted broke people. They made all their money in overdraft fees. All their customers were poor people, people on Social Security, people who were bankrupt, and people who couldn't open a bank account anywhere else because no other bank would accept them.

A huge percentage of our customers would overdraft their accounts every month. So for every overdraft, they would pay the bank a $25 overdraft fee.

I realized very quickly that the bank itself was barely making money. They couldn't hire people. They couldn't pay their managers. The branch managers were making $35,000 a year to work 60 hour weeks and not get any days off. As a personal banker, I was making $9.25 an hour. The guy working in the kitchen at Sonic was making more than me. (I knew, because I cashed his checks.)

And I was like, "What in the world? Most banks make money because they cater to rich people. They make money off of mortgage loans. They attract big businesses and make money off of interest on business loans. What is this company thinking?"

It's a mistake to target broke people, @poepe .

You may need to do a major overhaul of your mindset in order to be able to create value and resonate with an affluent target audience. I would say get to work and don't waste any time on this.

This suggests solving your own problems is a bad idea if your broke.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Thank you all for the honest feedback.

You are trying to present value, you are receptive to honest opinion that is great.

Did you settle for your Avatar to be sideways or on purpose my friend? You are breaking people's brains a little bit. You have on a suit. Professional...sideways.

Last edited:

Alferez

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 27, 2018
The prince of Nigeria is here too!

This is why we all should have the scam radar tuned!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.