The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Day / week / month organization

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
I was wondering what type of systems you guys use to stay organized? I have a master notebook that tracks all my ideas, meetings, to-do's, goals, etc and then I transfer to-do's to my daily list, depending on priorities. And I have a separate calendar for events, etc.

I feel like I could be more efficient with my organization and was hoping to hear some good ideas here....

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Satpoint

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 15, 2007
I spend a good amount of time on the comp so i try to put everything into outlook task/calender. Other then that its all in my cell phone, such as reminders, apts & meetings.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I don't have many important things to do because I'm still a HS student, but I use the calender in my phone for just about everything. I'll likely switch to a Treo or Blackberry once my needs grow.

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
I have seperate calenders for weekly and daily organization. My monthly organization isn't very detailed aside from just entering events for down the road.

I'm a big belevier that we are creatures of habit. If you get into a rythm things go a lot smoother, so weekly calender is the same every week with general blocks of time. My data base has a calender program in it, similar to outlook.

ErikV10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2007
I use my phone and its been pretty good so far.

Other than that, my student planner from school.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I use iCal on my Mac. it publishes on a URL so my assistant can see my schedule. I prefer to actually put my own appts in my calendar, so that works fine.

Otherwise, we've used Groove company-wide for schedules. (another URL based scheduler, so others can see your schedule)

In general, though, I keep a hardback journal with me at all times. I keep pages for each key person (and for me) on all projects. That way I have notes at a glance for our weekly phone meetings.

Our biggest challenge in the company is email. We're scattered over CA, AZ, NV, VA and UT and are pretty much completely virtual now. If you cc: everybody, you get swamped.

We have an internal forum that we use to post messages, comments and systems in development. that way everyone gets a chance to put their 2 cents in, or not, before we finalize.

I might have gotten off track from the original question, which I think is a good one. As your business and investments grow and diversify, keeping out of information overload will be a primary goal.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Outlook, without a doubt, is my lifesaver at work, whether it's the color coded flags aka priorities or the virtual calendar. Now, I also keep a hard copy calendar on my desk because I tend to forget a lot of things and I get easily distracted. Hm, I need plenty of assistance because I have very poor time managements skillz ......oopS.

At home, I use my personal Yahoo account (calender and references) and another hard copy calendar.

:smx4:

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I like the Franklin Planner. It allows you to plan daily, monthly and annually and goes a few years ahead. It offers task listing with a system to prioritize, daily time calendering, journal entries, and expense tracking.

It has a goal section, contacts section, blank pages, Finances section, and a key information section which includes birthdays and info on people on your gift lists.

I believe it comes in both a hard copy version and a computer version, although I am not 100% sure about the computer version since I use the hard copy version.

It is a very flexible system allowing you to incorporate your whole life, not just business, and I've used it for serveral different types of work and it adapts fine.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bumping up some classic Diane Kennedy posts today. :)

-Russ H.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
:wave:

Evernote has been a lifesaver! I use it to stay organized and keep track of everything- notes, webclips from articles, pieces of paper that I want to keep for reference later, scanned receipts- anything that clutters your mind or desk. I like that I can create different notebooks for each of my virtual assistant clients. Keeps me organized!

Anyone else use Evernote?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone else use Evernote?

Why don't you introduce yourself instead of promoting various websites and links ... around here, that gets you banned.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I use Google Calendar. It's nice for me personally but I have been looking for something better that can really be used extensively on the daily planner with multi-users... breaking things up into 15 min blocks. Each user would get a column and a specific color, and then each 15 min block gets a row...

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
notepad plan.txt

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
For meetings and events I use the calendar in my phone. Ideas and anything of the sort I write down in a tiny notepad that I keep in my backpocket.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.