• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Day / week / month organization

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Sid23, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Sid23

Sid23 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    I was wondering what type of systems you guys use to stay organized? I have a master notebook that tracks all my ideas, meetings, to-do's, goals, etc and then I transfer to-do's to my daily list, depending on priorities. And I have a separate calendar for events, etc.

I feel like I could be more efficient with my organization and was hoping to hear some good ideas here....

Thanks.

2. Satpoint

Satpoint PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    I spend a good amount of time on the comp so i try to put everything into outlook task/calender. Other then that its all in my cell phone, such as reminders, apts & meetings.

3. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $178
    I don't have many important things to do because I'm still a HS student, but I use the calender in my phone for just about everything. I'll likely switch to a Treo or Blackberry once my needs grow.

4. thecoach

thecoach Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $68
    I have seperate calenders for weekly and daily organization. My monthly organization isn't very detailed aside from just entering events for down the road.

I'm a big belevier that we are creatures of habit. If you get into a rythm things go a lot smoother, so weekly calender is the same every week with general blocks of time. My data base has a calender program in it, similar to outlook.

5. ErikV10

ErikV10 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $62
    I use my phone and its been pretty good so far.

Other than that, my student planner from school.

6. Diane Kennedy

Diane Kennedy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $134
    I use iCal on my Mac. it publishes on a URL so my assistant can see my schedule. I prefer to actually put my own appts in my calendar, so that works fine.

Otherwise, we've used Groove company-wide for schedules. (another URL based scheduler, so others can see your schedule)

In general, though, I keep a hardback journal with me at all times. I keep pages for each key person (and for me) on all projects. That way I have notes at a glance for our weekly phone meetings.

Our biggest challenge in the company is email. We're scattered over CA, AZ, NV, VA and UT and are pretty much completely virtual now. If you cc: everybody, you get swamped.

We have an internal forum that we use to post messages, comments and systems in development. that way everyone gets a chance to put their 2 cents in, or not, before we finalize.

I might have gotten off track from the original question, which I think is a good one. As your business and investments grow and diversify, keeping out of information overload will be a primary goal.

7. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
  8. S928

S928 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $108
    Outlook, without a doubt, is my lifesaver at work, whether it's the color coded flags aka priorities or the virtual calendar. Now, I also keep a hard copy calendar on my desk because I tend to forget a lot of things and I get easily distracted. Hm, I need plenty of assistance because I have very poor time managements skillz ......oopS.

At home, I use my personal Yahoo account (calender and references) and another hard copy calendar.

:smx4:

9. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $85
    I like the Franklin Planner. It allows you to plan daily, monthly and annually and goes a few years ahead. It offers task listing with a system to prioritize, daily time calendering, journal entries, and expense tracking.

It has a goal section, contacts section, blank pages, Finances section, and a key information section which includes birthdays and info on people on your gift lists.

I believe it comes in both a hard copy version and a computer version, although I am not 100% sure about the computer version since I use the hard copy version.

It is a very flexible system allowing you to incorporate your whole life, not just business, and I've used it for serveral different types of work and it adapts fine.

10. Russ H

Russ H Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,285
    Bumping up some classic Diane Kennedy posts today. :)

-Russ H.

11. Virtual Helper

Virtual Helper PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    :wave:

Evernote has been a lifesaver! I use it to stay organized and keep track of everything- notes, webclips from articles, pieces of paper that I want to keep for reference later, scanned receipts- anything that clutters your mind or desk. I like that I can create different notebooks for each of my virtual assistant clients. Keeps me organized!

Anyone else use Evernote?

12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,867
    Admin Post
    Why don't you introduce yourself instead of promoting various websites and links ... around here, that gets you banned.

13. Rem

Rem Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,332
    I use Google Calendar. It's nice for me personally but I have been looking for something better that can really be used extensively on the daily planner with multi-users... breaking things up into 15 min blocks. Each user would get a column and a specific color, and then each 15 min block gets a row...

14. EastWind

EastWind Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $414
    notepad plan.txt

15. Bond

Bond Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $76
  16. lightweight99

lightweight99 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $50
    For meetings and events I use the calendar in my phone. Ideas and anything of the sort I write down in a tiny notepad that I keep in my backpocket.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.