The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

day 3 (failure)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Before i begin, let me clarify something:
i don't like failing.
every time i do, i feel like i don't just fail myself, but also all the others who are grinding it out and working hard. it sucks. when you see "failure" at the top of an entry, i write with frustration and disappointment with myself. alright moving on...

Today started like it did on day one, minutes before i had to go to work.

i had overslept again.

why?

because i was lazy and simply wanted to go back to bed. i am committed to making my life better, but when i wake up at 5 in the morning commitment isn't a term in my vocabulary. the logical part of my brain is shut down and I'm on autopilot . the worst part is i actually went to bed at 1 again.

what I'm doing isn't working and i need to do something different. the only thing holding me back is my sleep schedule. i do have an idea but it will require some creativity. tonight though, i wont be going to bed. i want to stay up all night and code. I'm so sick and tired of rolling around until 1-2 A.M. if i am to go straight to bed immediately after work, i need to be so sleep deprived that i won't have the energy to stay up late again.

as for what i did today...

i managed to get an HTML cheat sheet printed out. that's it. i didn't get anything else done today. they don't have a text editor on the computers at work so i can't practice on the clock.

that's all i have to say today, I'm just so damn mad at myself for not doing what needs to get done. tomorrow I'm going to grab my life by the b***s and work all day. i don't care how tired i am because I'm already tired mentally.

I'm tired of seeing other people in sports cars.

I'm tired of answering a phone and saying "Thank you for calling O'Reillys, this is Chris speaking, how can i help you?" almost every single day.

I'm tired of having to think about whether i can afford something or not.

I'm tired of not being able to do M.M.A. because my work schedule wont allow it.

Goodnight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
buddy why don't you create an execution thread, It will be better for you to piece together and for us to read in the continuation or to avoid all together.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
buddy why don't you create an execution thread, It will be better for you to piece together and for us to read in the continuation or to avoid all together.
Ok but how do I put my days all in one thread?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
you just reply to your that thread.

you can view your thread in the "your content" then "thread you started".

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ok but how do I put my days all in one thread?

The same way everyone else does...

Whenever you start a new day in a post, just say day three failure in the new post.

You might want to spend some time on this forum reading what other people have written too...

B.Cotter

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 23, 2020
Northern VA
You might want to spend some time on this forum reading what other people have written too...
This. And yes, start one single progress thread and post to it each time you want to give an update.

Also, let a few days, maybe even a week or two, go by between updates. You don’t need to update every single day unless you’ve got some juicy material or something good has happened. Don’t shoot yourself in the foot by making people lose interest.

Instead of only ranting about failing, identify the bigger issues that you believe are causing you to not reach your goals currently. Ask for advice on how to conquer those issues. I’m sure many people on this forum have experienced the same issues and have overcome them. But also don’t be the person who asks for advice then does the exact opposite.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
This. And yes, start one single progress thread and post to it each time you want to give an update.

Also, let a few days, maybe even a week or two, go by between updates. You don’t need to update every single day unless you’ve got some juicy material or something good has happened. Don’t shoot yourself in the foot by making people lose interest.

Instead of only ranting about failing, identify the bigger issues that you believe are causing you to not reach your goals currently. Ask for advice on how to conquer those issues. I’m sure many people on this forum have experienced the same issues and have overcome them. But also don’t be the person who asks for advice then does the exact opposite.
Yeah I guess you're right. I was actually just thinking about posting once a month. Not alot can happen in a few days. Appreciate the advice

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
i managed to get an HTML cheat sheet printed out. that's it. i didn't get anything else done today. they don't have a text editor on the computers at work so i can't practice on the clock.
In-browser text editors. Just google it.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
why so many excuses, can't you see through them. are you expecting us to do a simple google search for you?

try codepen for your Webdesign, learn from freecodecamp.org (you don't need money in either) are awesome resources.

try having a bigger goal(not your sleep goal), make intentional imbalance of your life which means only do one or two things which matter the most, I believe it's your Webdesign. then have a challenge for yourself and try to complete it in a week.

I don't think you will regret not sleeping early 1 month from now let alone 1 year from now.
read this thread

I suggest you read 3 gold threads in its entirety this week and complete web design even if that means you don't sleep or sleep for 5 hrs a day.

the two things I have for you
first thing
analyze your current situation
where are you?
where do you want to go?
how much are you willing to sacrifice?
how much time are you willing to put in?
analyze your past success and failures.
what top 5 success in this year?
what top 5 failure this year?
what did you learn from those?
how will you apply lessons from last year to this year?

the second thing is learn webdesign this week. do it smart way(learn basics takes 1 day, now emulate expert, do code along videos)

my question for you is are you so successful that the only thing you have to worry about is your sleep?

and remember your next year starts today

regards
Suryapratap

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!