- Joined
- Oct 27, 2020
- Messages
- 84
Rep Bank
$565
$565
User Power: 142%
Alright, let me explain...
Remember when I said I would start going to bed early? well...
When I got home from work last night I ate dinner and went straight to bed. That's when my girlfriend came inside the room and started putting the moves on me.
I think you can piece together what happened.
So long story short I didn't end up going to bed until 2 am. But that didn't stop me from actually listening to the alarm clock the next morning and getting to work. The problem, however, was that I couldn't focus when It came to my coding because I was only running on 3 hours of sleep. I couldn't learn anything new, and I couldn't focus for more than 10 seconds. I guess that's how important sleep is when it comes to self improvement, huh?
Along side this issue another problem arose. I needed to get my car insured today and I also had to go to the air force recruitment office to schedule an A.S.V.A.B. (I'll explain why I'm going into the air force later...)
The air force recruiter told me that I need 4 credentials, and my birth certificate was one of them. That meant I had to drive all the way back to my father's place and go get it. What should have been a 40 minute drive turned into a 1 1/2 hour drive to-and-back thanks to construction and traffic.
Despite all of these distractions, when I got back home I got to work. I just repeated the same code over and over again to make sure I can memorize it by heart. but it only took me an hour to get exhausted and get on my phone. One hour later, and I'm here writing my second day report.
Why i failed: Two reasons. One, despite me getting plenty done today, it wasn't self improvement work. its not that that I didn't have a productive day today I just had a laundry list of responsibilities that needed to get taken care of for me to continue on with my path as an un-scripted entrepreneur.
Two, with what little time I DID have to code today, it felt like I was moving forward with a ball and chain on my foot. Due to my lack of sleep I had the attention span of a goldfish. This lead to soul crushing fatigue, which lead to me getting on my phone. As soon as I get done with this post I'm going straight to bed.
Well I guess that's it for today. Thanks for reading and I look forward to posting
again tomorrow...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember when I said I would start going to bed early? well...
When I got home from work last night I ate dinner and went straight to bed. That's when my girlfriend came inside the room and started putting the moves on me.
I think you can piece together what happened.
So long story short I didn't end up going to bed until 2 am. But that didn't stop me from actually listening to the alarm clock the next morning and getting to work. The problem, however, was that I couldn't focus when It came to my coding because I was only running on 3 hours of sleep. I couldn't learn anything new, and I couldn't focus for more than 10 seconds. I guess that's how important sleep is when it comes to self improvement, huh?
Along side this issue another problem arose. I needed to get my car insured today and I also had to go to the air force recruitment office to schedule an A.S.V.A.B. (I'll explain why I'm going into the air force later...)
The air force recruiter told me that I need 4 credentials, and my birth certificate was one of them. That meant I had to drive all the way back to my father's place and go get it. What should have been a 40 minute drive turned into a 1 1/2 hour drive to-and-back thanks to construction and traffic.
Despite all of these distractions, when I got back home I got to work. I just repeated the same code over and over again to make sure I can memorize it by heart. but it only took me an hour to get exhausted and get on my phone. One hour later, and I'm here writing my second day report.
Why i failed: Two reasons. One, despite me getting plenty done today, it wasn't self improvement work. its not that that I didn't have a productive day today I just had a laundry list of responsibilities that needed to get taken care of for me to continue on with my path as an un-scripted entrepreneur.
Two, with what little time I DID have to code today, it felt like I was moving forward with a ball and chain on my foot. Due to my lack of sleep I had the attention span of a goldfish. This lead to soul crushing fatigue, which lead to me getting on my phone. As soon as I get done with this post I'm going straight to bed.
Well I guess that's it for today. Thanks for reading and I look forward to posting
again tomorrow...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
