The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Day 2 (failure...)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Alright, let me explain...
Remember when I said I would start going to bed early? well...

When I got home from work last night I ate dinner and went straight to bed. That's when my girlfriend came inside the room and started putting the moves on me.
I think you can piece together what happened.

So long story short I didn't end up going to bed until 2 am. But that didn't stop me from actually listening to the alarm clock the next morning and getting to work. The problem, however, was that I couldn't focus when It came to my coding because I was only running on 3 hours of sleep. I couldn't learn anything new, and I couldn't focus for more than 10 seconds. I guess that's how important sleep is when it comes to self improvement, huh?

Along side this issue another problem arose. I needed to get my car insured today and I also had to go to the air force recruitment office to schedule an A.S.V.A.B. (I'll explain why I'm going into the air force later...)

The air force recruiter told me that I need 4 credentials, and my birth certificate was one of them. That meant I had to drive all the way back to my father's place and go get it. What should have been a 40 minute drive turned into a 1 1/2 hour drive to-and-back thanks to construction and traffic.

Despite all of these distractions, when I got back home I got to work. I just repeated the same code over and over again to make sure I can memorize it by heart. but it only took me an hour to get exhausted and get on my phone. One hour later, and I'm here writing my second day report.

Why i failed: Two reasons. One, despite me getting plenty done today, it wasn't self improvement work. its not that that I didn't have a productive day today I just had a laundry list of responsibilities that needed to get taken care of for me to continue on with my path as an un-scripted entrepreneur.

Two, with what little time I DID have to code today, it felt like I was moving forward with a ball and chain on my foot. Due to my lack of sleep I had the attention span of a goldfish. This lead to soul crushing fatigue, which lead to me getting on my phone. As soon as I get done with this post I'm going straight to bed.

Well I guess that's it for today. Thanks for reading and I look forward to posting

again tomorrow...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ok... But instead of starting a whole new thread each day, just keep your posts in one thread. This way we can see your journey and how you progress. When you get to day 15, it's going to be hard to keep up if these are all separate threads.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.