The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dane Maxwell- Build Software Companies in 6 months w/o money, experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
In my email this AM...

"Congratulations!! You're in...

Today marks the beginning of an epic,
life-changing journey that will propel 300
people towards the lives they dream about.

If you're up for the challenge..."

No thank you

Oh boy, does that pitch include anything like "You are one of the special few who invest in your future" or "If you mine one golden nugget of information from this course, it could pay for itself many times over!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Oh boy, does that pitch include anything like "You are one of the special few who invest in your future" or "If you mine one golden nugget of information from this course, it could pay for itself many times over!"

It ends with this...

"I have no idea if this will sell out or not...
but since we only open once per year,
it's probably not a good idea to risk missing out. "

fellipe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2011
OMG!! I've been accepted. I'm feeling so great and special!!!

oh. the. irony.
I replyed the email saying exactly that and I will pass the foundation but sent thanks for the great launch haha;

nation

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Oct 2, 2012
This Nation guy sounds like a salesman for Dave.

this probably says more about you then it does me.
Text is a limited medium & I am doing the best I can, but you always read into the text based on your world view.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing I could do the change your opinion, but maybe if you just assumed for a moment that I am not & everything I ever said was true you might, who knows?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
V
Text is a limited medium & I am doing the best I can, but you always read into the text based on your world view.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing I could do the change your opinion, but maybe if you just assumed for a moment that I am not & everything I ever said was true you might, who knows?

So did you get accepted?? And are you going to invest $800/mo in master yodane

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
Dane Maxwell - Apple for wantrepreneurs :D His maps better be working or peope will be pissed lol

Android? Is that an iPhone? Then I don't care. I want the one with the bigger GBs. The white one. I camped out so I'd have a place in line on launch day. I have to have it today. Does it come with a case? My sister told me they might have them at Walgreens.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012

Man I am sorry, but too be honest I would rather spend the $1800 on my business and lose the money that way. I don't know if you have heard this analogy before, quite a few members here have I am sure, but let me inform you. My soldiers(money) are my allies that fight for me in war(business). I do not casually throw away my soldiers, I use precise tactics to build a bigger army, I do not wastefully expend my soldiers unless for necessary goods.

Like you said, I am pretty sure there is nothing I can do that could change your opinion, but please read TMF , it might just save you $1780.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
He sounds determined and this is a decision already made. Let's wish him the best and hopefully he can share lessons learned from this seminar and about his outcome and experience.

Like I've said many times before, a lot of courses/seminars/etc are great and provide a roadmap on how to make something happen. It is up to the student to follow the master's guidance.

It sounds to me like nation has identified like this is a winner for him. I don't see the need to mock him or attack him for that. This may as well be the best investment he ever makes and may return millions.

I am very interested in the system used by the marketer. He has created a great package and hopefully a great product as well. Scarcity, Need, Crazy Desire to be part of the group, Perceived Value. All of these are very great and it is valuable to learn how to implement them for your product/service.

nation, I wish you the best of luck and please do keep us posted on your progress. Would love to hear how it goes for you and let us know if you need help with anything.

GThreepwood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 12, 2012
I was actually *considering* joining if it was $500 or less a month. And even that was a stretch.

For some reason, $800 actually feels kind of insulting to me.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
For some reason, $800 actually feels kind of insulting to me.
Another great strategy from their part.

Make it expensive enough to be 'special' but not that expensive so people won't pay for it.

While you saw it as insulting, others probably thought 'wow, $800? it must be a hell of a group I am joining'.

GThreepwood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 12, 2012
Another great strategy from their part.

Make it expensive enough to be 'special' but not that expensive so people won't pay for it.

While you saw it as insulting, others probably thought 'wow, $800? it must be a hell of a group I am joining'.

Yea, I do realize that, good call :)

I guess I'm just not special enough to "commit" to that level of awesomeness :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The greatest lessons from gurus are what they DO, not what they TEACH.

Pay. Close. Attention.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
The greatest lessons from gurus are what they DO, not what they TEACH.

Pay. Close. Attention.

With the execption that this guru is preaching a legit business. SaaS has A LOT of potential. And his idea extraction process is also very good.

But, again, this isnt true for the foundation, which is clearly a guru thing.

Chris_Willow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 8, 2012
EU
Anyone have any opinions on The Foundation?
Watched all the pre-launch content and liked it. Dane is making it look easy and selling the event (buying his coaching), yet we all know it's a process.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here built a software company without doing any of the actual coding?
That's what I'd like to know as well. Personally I do a lot of legwork myself and only outsource the complicated features.

nategoddard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 1, 2012
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, I'm a current student in the Foundation and will be happy to answer any questions along the way. It's 6 months long and we're about 2 weeks in so keep that in mind.

I have no interest in being biased or defending anyone's good or bad opinions of the program, including my own. I simply want to help out any way I can by answering questions about the program or the software as a service business in general.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm a current student in the Foundation and will be happy to answer any questions along the way.

Have you read TMF ? It'd be nice to hear your feedback when cross-reference to the book.

Welcome to the forum! :)

nategoddard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 1, 2012
Tampa, FL
Have you read TMF ? It'd be nice to hear your feedback when cross-reference to the book.

Hey MJ, I'm on chapter 36 right now (started a couple days ago). It's definitely the best book I've read on business. The way you explain things is simple, yet profound. It is rewiring my brain and the logic just clicks.

The SaaS business model is definitely Fastlane and the way Dane runs things is like taking the pages right out of your book. Recognizing limiting beliefs, finding the pain, validating if the idea fills a real need in that industry; these are all things that are focused on.

nategoddard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 1, 2012
Tampa, FL
Find the pain, have someone create software for you that helps your customers alleviate this pain, enjoy the passive income. Sounds easy

It is a simple concept, which makes for a nice road map, but definitely not easy. Cold calling businesses, spending hours on the phone digging into their problems, dealing with angry people (it happens), failing, trying again, failing, etc.

At the same time though, getting pushed outside of my comfort zone on a daily basis is making me more competent and confident.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I simply want to help out any way I can by answering questions about the program or the software as a service business in general.
Welcome to the forum.

Have you defined what business do you want to launch?

I am sure the first couple of weeks focus on that, right?

How to identify a niche?

How to test the market?

Have you talked about technology in specific? (wordpress with a plugin, or use software they offer, other alternatives?)

Have you talked about how to setup receiving payments? (paypal recurrent service, merchant account, etc?)

Thanks for the offering.

nategoddard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 1, 2012
Tampa, FL
Welcome to the forum.

Have you defined what business do you want to launch?

I am sure the first couple of weeks focus on that, right?

How to identify a niche?

How to test the market?

Have you talked about technology in specific? (wordpress with a plugin, or use software they offer, other alternatives?)

Have you talked about how to setup receiving payments? (paypal recurrent service, merchant account, etc?)

Thanks for the offering.

The first month is focused on "idea extraction", which is where you identify one or several markets meeting a certain criteria. You contact people and do calls where you find the pains in their business. Once you've identified a possible software solution, you validate the idea through many businesses in the same industry to see if it's something they would buy.

The whole idea is to not come up with your own ideas, which will probably suck, but let the market tell you what they want built and have them vote with their dollars.

As far as tech, it will vary for each business. Some customers may need an app built, others a web interface. But all of the tech will be covered when the time comes.

No mention of payment options yet, but again, every aspect of the business is to be covered.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
The first month is focused on "idea extraction", which is where you identify one or several markets meeting a certain criteria. You contact people and do calls where you find the pains in their business. Once you've identified a possible software solution, you validate the idea through many businesses in the same industry to see if it's something they would buy.

The whole idea is to not come up with your own ideas, which will probably suck, but let the market tell you what they want built and have them vote with their dollars.

As far as tech, it will very for each business. Some customers may need an app built, others an online web interface. But all of the tech will be covered when the time comes.

No mention of payment options yet, but again, every aspect of the business is to be covered.

Sounds like "The Lean Start Up" to me...

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hear more about your progress.

Sounds like "The Lean Start Up" to me...
it would be great if you start a new thread about this...

D

DeletedUser4

I just got a novel-length email from Dane Maxwell about their delays and problems with their merchant accounts not accepting payments and a litany of problems with the "launch". At the end of the email he says he is extending the Foundation for one more month and also gives links where you can still sign up if you haven't already. Sounds like an interesting marketing ploy to me.

nategoddard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 1, 2012
Tampa, FL
I just got a novel-length email from Dane Maxwell about their delays and problems with their merchant accounts not accepting payments and a litany of problems with the "launch". At the end of the email he says he is extending the Foundation for one more month and also gives links where you can still sign up if you haven't already. Sounds like an interesting marketing ploy to me.

I don't really see your point.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I just got a novel-length email from Dane Maxwell
how's your experience with the program so far? (or you are not in the program and got the email inviting you to apply for it?)

AlasdairM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 20, 2012

That's what I was thinking too. I'm guessing he didn't get anywhere near as many people to join as expected and is still hoping for more. This is, in fact, the second time he's extended the signup window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!