The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dane Maxwell- Build Software Companies in 6 months w/o money, experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
The reason I am ok with moving forward with The Foundation (at this point, things can change in the next day or so) is:
1. my wife is on board with it
2. if it's a bad fit, after a month or two I could drop out
3. the relationships I know will be built even in that first month are people that should be assets because they are drawn to the same things as I am

Based on the comments from past SRT students it sounds like month one is the most valuable so you could always drop out after the first month...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DealMaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 9, 2011
Pacific NW
I just took a look at Dane's offering, and he does have some solid information, but I don't really see the value in what he's offering. What he has given for free is more than enough to get something going...

As mentioned above, it seems like a person is paying more for the benefits of a mastermind group as opposed to the actual meat and potatoes of how to do this... It seems he has already given this information out for free.

BIG red flags on this one to me are some of the "gurus" that have commented on some of his videos...

Frank Kern... no thanks!

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
Is anybody interested in starting a live chat between some members here that are building software or apps, similar to what they have in the foundation, in addition to the forum?

I would be interested in this

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Yeah the price went up like I suspected. I dont see why you would choose the $300.00 option, he already basically gave the $300.00 option for free.

One thing you didnt mention is the 100% guarantee, if you follow all the steps for the six month process at the end of the process if you dont have a software company with 10 paying customers he will refund you 100%. With that being said anyone who goes through the process for six months probably wont request a refund if they dont have 10 paying customers but its still a nice touch.
You completely missed my point.......

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
$300/mo for basically nothing helpful, $800/month for "regular" membership, and 10k for a premium.

$10k a month or is that a flat fee?

One thing you didnt mention is the 100% guarantee, if you follow all the steps for the six month process at the end of the process if you dont have a software company with 10 paying customers he will refund you 100%.

I am sure that the money back guarantee includes a clause that says you must do and show proof that you have done everything he requires. To just offer an money back guarantee without contingencies would be foolish because the majority of the revenue from these types of programs comes from people that buy and don't do anything.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

DavidofMN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 19, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I understand that it's a flat fee and 4 or 5 spots have been sold. So hurry up people!

The guarantee is for sure with contingencies and you are totally right that almost everyone who doesn't complete it won't ask for their money back - probably out of embarrassment.

It does say that people will be cut if they don't perform. 300 people to start at 800/m = 240K first month. Then let's say there is 25% attrition the first month. 225 people left x 800/m = 180K. Then so on and so. AT the end of 6 months it says that they want 20 companies started. That is 6.66% of the starting amount (not counting VIP group and the other group).

joona

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 1, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
It does say that people will be cut if they don't perform. 300 people to start at 800/m = 240K first month. Then let's say there is 25% attrition the first month. 225 people left x 800/m = 180K. Then so on and so. AT the end of 6 months it says that they want 20 companies started. That is 6.66% of the starting amount (not counting VIP group and the other group).

yeah, there is ~half a mil at least in that business. Of course there are affiliate payments, wages for employers etc etc.

I think that 6.66% goal is rather small, especially considering that he has said in few of the interviews something along the lines of "he has cracked the code of creating entrepreneurs" and says his process is basically bulletproof.

I have nothing against the dude and I actually like Dane. I just hate the "launches".

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Damn, people must be really desperate to be paying 800/month for having a few voice calls with Dane. He shared almost everything about the business model; you don't need to pay so much money to have someone help you execute something that you should be doing yourself if you want to be successful.

nation

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Oct 2, 2012
people must be really desperate to be paying 800/month for having a few voice calls with Dane.

nope; I'm going to do it and I am in no way desperate. I look at the $800 to $4,800 that I will invest into this as a great way to:
- gather systems
- network
- have an accountability system
- learn more

I could see investing $5k into the right one of any of those.
No matter if I was accepted in or not, I knew I was going to go for a SaaS over the next X number of months, so $1,800 ($300 per month) for the course materials was a simple logical step. The question was to spend the extra $500/$3k or not.

Going through this experience with about 300 other people, people who have been vetted and at some level I know want to build businesses. I expect to develop relationships with some, even some who drop out of the program, that I would not connect with any other way, but are people who have similar desires for financial freedom, independence, and solving some problem in the world.

Could I do all this outside the foundation?

Yes

Would it cost less?
Probably not ... not in terms of money & defiantly not in terms of time.

It's really that time that drives me to The Foundation ... I have spent nearly 10 years building businesses on my own, but in a different approach (a "what do I like", or "product first" approach). About a month before I learned about Dane/TheFoundation from that SPI episode I had a conversation with my wife about potentially moving to be closer to more entrepreneurs. I needed more community. Now this was well before learning about this forum, and I still want more business owners in my day to day life, however I can see The Foundation as cheaper in terms of both time and money then finding people in the next county over, and moving to be closer to them.

Layna

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 29, 2012
Hi nation,

I understand and applaud the willingness to go after resources that will give you an edge. If you do get into that course and it's amazing, I would love to hear about it.

But I was just wondering, it sounds like you're looking for a community and you aren't a Fastlane INSIDERS. Maybe that isn't what you're looking for but just a thought. :)

nation

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Oct 2, 2012
Layna,

I think I found this forum back when I first picked up The Millionare Fastlane, which was after MJ was on Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn.

I really took interest when I was researching Dane Maxwell & came to this thread itself.

A good community is one element of it, but not the whole thing & I know a good bit about developing communities.

A community will develop at The Foundation simply because you have 300ish people going through a process all together. If instead I were to do the Fastlane INSIDERS, I doubt 300 people will be starting at the same time and all going through the same materials.

Here is another way of looking at it. Have you ever watched the TV show Survivor?
I am a fan for a couple reasons, but the biggest is the group dynamics. You take 30ish people, stick them together for an average of 20 days (not all are on the show) and what you end up with are some deep relationships because they have gone through this process together.

Maybe the Fastlane INSIDERS program has something similar, with people dedicated to being both accountability and educators ... I sorta doubt it (granted, I have not resarched it).

If I was doing just the $300 - get the materials - package, I would be looking for some other group to augment. Might be Fastlane INSIDERS, might be something else, but there are a few things that really pushed me to go ahead and do the $800 package:

- job situation - I am a stay at home dad of three under the age of two (twins, then a 2 month old) - my time is limited. My wife works 24 hour shifts about 7 times a month.

- personal finances - we make enough money that we can cashflow this without really digging into savings too much. Even if I make no money off this (a ROI of 0) by this time at the end of the course, our persaonal finances will be what they are today.

- getting to know Dane - I think I have mentioned, but I am not sure (and too lazy to look) - Dane and I had a video call for a few minutes last night. I asked him a question that I wanted to present through audio & not cause him to go on the record. He gave a great answer & more info then I was looking for. ... this was not the first conversation we have had, this month it's been something most days through either email or chat. He seems very similar to me, but has been more successfull & one I am willing to spend at least $800 to get to know, or $500 depending on how you look at it.

- Pat Flynn - Pat being one of the investors/mentors/whatevers in the course made me smile. I have followed Pat for a long while & really respect him. If Pat is willing to lend his name and such to this, it makes me more interested. Just for people who don't know Pat, go look at any post on this page - one of those really blew me away & it was not due to the $$$$: My Income Reports

- other systems - Looking at their program page The Foundation - specifically the Swipe Files & Level Up System -- I know there is value in those two. Is it $600 worth? Maybe, pretty sure I'll be able to take whatever is there, use it and make at least that, probably significantly more. What about $1,200 worth? Same answer.

The bottom line, and part of what I was reacting to in AgonI's post is the fact that for some it is desperation, but for others it at least more complex if not totally a "I see value here" situation. The time element and the experiance of a group walking together is hard to value & is differant for every person. Basically on the finances side, if my wife works one extra shift in 5 months we have earned through her regular job enough to pay for this. We might be trading 5 days of her working over five months to help my next business save a year. Is that a great trade?

but my situation is mine, and it's not the same for everyone.

Now a question, and I really have no clue the answer - Whould or Should I really expect an equivilant experiance & result from the Fastlane INSIDERS?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If instead I were to do the Fastlane INSIDERS, I doubt 300 people will be starting at the same time and all going through the same materials.
Your right, you'll be forced to listen to insight from multi-millionaire entrepreneurs and guys with tens of years of experience at 1/100th of the cost instead of blabbering about your issues with 299 un-experienced wantrepeneurs running around with their heads cut off looking for guidance from your holiness Dane

Dane and I had a video call for a few minutes last night. I asked him a question that I wanted to present through audio & not cause him to go on the record. He gave a great answer & more info then I was looking for. ... this was not the first conversation we have had, this month it's been something most days through either email or chat. He seems very similar to me, but has been more successfull

Well I am sure he is going to be extremely nice to you for $800/month. I'll be glad to say a bunch of nice things about you for just $500/month, PM me for info!

Now a question, and I really have no clue the answer - Whould or Should I really expect an equivnt experiance & result from the Fastlane INSIDERS?
Again, nope, you won't have some warm loving community of 300 career junkies turned overnight entrepreneurs, all you would get is to speak with guys who are worth 10x more than dane, run far more successful companies than a 60k/year (or 500k for that matter) software company, and won't charge you $800/month to talk to them.

On a side note: I completely respect Dane for what he is doing, he is a GREAT marketer and is going to make some serious bank off of other peoples desire to be an "entrepreneur" and work for yourself. I just think it is funny how nation and his other cult followers completely turn a blind eye to how Dane is ACTUALLY making his money and are buying into his ploy hook, line, and sinker!

Think about this, if B2B software was SOOOO great then why did Dane get out of software completely and start teaching instead? Because of his "passion to help others" or because he can make double the cash teaching people how to come up with an "eh" business when he is really the one cashing out? (I am not saying there is not money to be made in B2B software)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Think about this, if B2B software was SOOOO great then why did Dane get out of software completely and start teaching instead? Because of his "passion to help others" or because he can make double the cash teaching people how to come up with an "eh" business when he is really the one cashing out? (I am not saying there is not money to be made in B2B software)

He didn't get out of software at all, its just run by a CEO and some other employees.

I think Dane has legitimate reasons to focus on teaching. Of course he is making more money with this than with his software businesses if you do the 300x $800/month calculation, but you have to deduct the cost for his employees (and/or partners), all the preparation time and after all this kind of income is "only" over 6 months (decreasing if people drop out). Also the foundation is not passive for him.

I'm absolutely sure if he wouldn't do the teaching he could have created some more software products and made more passive income with it than he does with the foundation.

Just look at all the successful people here and how they enjoy the process of giving back. Its basically the same thing, they give up a potentially higher income for the time spent to help others.

That said, I was turned of by the launch (in the sense that I wouldn't buy into something like that),but will still follow his model of creating a B2B software business. Also there is A LOT to learn from this launch from a marketing perspective.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
He didn't get out of software at all, its just run by a CEO and some other employees.

I think Dane has legitimate reasons to focus on teaching. Of course he is making more money with this than with his software businesses if you do the 300x $800/month calculation, but you have to deduct the cost for his employees (and/or partners), all the preparation time and after all this kind of income is "only" over 6 months (decreasing if people drop out). Also the foundation is not passive for him.

I'm absolutely sure if he wouldn't do the teaching he could have created some more software products and made more passive income with it than he does with the foundation.

Just look at all the successful people here and how they enjoy the process of giving back. Its basically the same thing, they give up a potentially higher income for the time spent to help others.

That said, I was turned of by the launch (in the sense that I wouldn't buy into something like that),but will still follow his model of creating a B2B software business. Also there is A LOT to learn from this launch from a marketing perspective.

I would love to learn how he goes about doing launches, he is very, very good at it! I read there was something a while back like a peek inside the inner workings but I am pretty sure I missed the boat on that one, plus it was like $500 bucks :nonod:

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
I would love to learn how he goes about doing launches, he is very, very good at it! I read there was something a while back like a peek inside the inner workings but I am pretty sure I missed the boat on that one, plus it was like $500 bucks :nonod:

Yes, I posted a video in this thread somewhere about that. It was 500$ but I don't think it's possible to buy the content that's been posted there anymore.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I would love to learn how he goes about doing launches, he is very, very good at it! I read there was something a while back like a peek inside the inner workings but I am pretty sure I missed the boat on that one, plus it was like $500 bucks

On Mixergy he has two videos going over his launch. I'm not sure if it's as detailed as you'd like it, but I gathered quite a bit from them both.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Exactly!
I found this place while looking for that place,
Now, I'll be in investing my time...
Here instead of there :)

jon

Your right, you'll be forced to listen to insight from multi-millionaire entrepreneurs and guys with tens of years of experience at 1/100th of the cost instead of blabbering about your issues with 299 un-experienced wantrepeneurs running around with their heads cut off looking for guidance from your holiness Dane

Well I am sure he is going to be extremely nice to you for $800/month. I'll be glad to say a bunch of nice things about you for just $500/month, PM me for info!

Again, nope, you won't have some warm loving community of 300 career junkies turned overnight entrepreneurs, all you would get is to speak with guys who are worth 10x more than dane, run far more successful companies than a 60k/year (or 500k for that matter) software company, and won't charge you $800/month to talk to them.

On a side note: I completely respect Dane for what he is doing, he is a GREAT marketer and is going to make some serious bank off of other peoples desire to be an "entrepreneur" and work for yourself. I just think it is funny how nation and his other cult followers completely turn a blind eye to how Dane is ACTUALLY making his money and are buying into his ploy hook, line, and sinker!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

GThreepwood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 12, 2012
Did anyone *not* get accepted who applied?

Instead of calling them "applicants" I think they should have called them "Opt-in-lacants" :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It's brilliant like Pinterest. You need an invite from a current member to become a member of Pinterest. Makes it more exclusive.

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
I actually did not get a response on my application. Maybe because I answered with "0 investment budget" on the question how much money do you have to invest... I thought he was going to show us how to make it happen with no investments upfront lol 800$ per month, God I can't think of ANY reason to commit to such a fee , unless you have money to throw away. But yeah Dane is a great marketer def. !

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
In my email this AM...

"Congratulations!! You're in...

Today marks the beginning of an epic,
life-changing journey that will propel 300
people towards the lives they dream about.

If you're up for the challenge..."

No thank you

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I actually did not get a response on my application. Maybe because I answered with "0 investment budget" on the question how much money do you have to invest... I thought he was going to show us how to make it happen with no investments upfront lol 800$ per month, God I can't think of ANY reason to commit to such a fee , unless you have money to throw away. But yeah Dane is a great marketer def. !

Ah, I said I had a grand
I'll save it for the Beer and Pancakes :)

jon

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
It's brilliant like Pinterest. You need an invite from a current member to become a member of Pinterest. Makes it more exclusive.
This is also how Gmail launched. People were begging for invites

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

wade1mil