The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dan Peña Completely and Utterly Loses His Shit

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago

( goes ape shit at 1:40 )

e31.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sully1994

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
The f*cked up part is that this is a real dude- and not in any way playing a character. On the Joe Rogan Experience, he talks about how he maniacally stabbed a bear to death- 80 times....

Such a crazy old man.

23:20 for his psychopath bear stabbing story---

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
This guy is pretty cool. His website is a Keebler elf house of insanity, but I dig the ads such as this one below.
upload_2017-4-24_19-4-7.png

G

GuestUser450

Not saying there's any correlation - but every time I've personally witnessed an outburst like this it's been from people furious with themselves - and when it's been in business, they've been desperate frauds too.

Important information is usually whispered, not shouted.

Sully1994

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
Not saying there's any correlation - but every time I've personally witnessed an outburst like this it's been from people furious with themselves - and when it's been in business, they've been desperate frauds too.

Important information is usually whispered, not shouted.

I would agree. I think the man is compensating for something . He's evidently attained a great amount of success - but it's quite possible he's exaggerated his accomplishments. Regardless , he's hysterical to watch haha .

Last edited:

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
I think he realizes it's his gritty persona that fills seats in his seminars with type A fella's in tight suits who trade bitcoin and like to get screamed at. He calls his students cunts and they sit there unphased while they pour another glass of Perrier. If you've ever read Charles Bukowski you'd see the attraction. I wouldn't pay for a seminar but sometimes it's an a$$ kicking that people need.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
wtf is this "script" he's talking about?

Sully1994

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
I think he realizes it's his gritty persona that fills seats in his seminars with type A fella's in tight suits who trade bitcoin and like to get screamed at. He calls his students cunts and they sit there unphased while they pour another glass of Perrier. If you've ever read Charles Bukowski you'd see the attraction. I wouldn't pay for a seminar but sometimes it's an a$$ kicking that people need.[/QUOTE

He's not my cup of tea either, but yeah- psychologically, he understands his audience quite well. For me the main nugget In there is "take action". Too much analysis can lead to paralysis. Better to come out with a minimal viable product and then receive customer feedback and fix accordingly, then to sit around and wonder what could have been. The "Lean Startup" is a great book about this . I have not yet read Charles Bukowski- I'll check him out !

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
Though I can't say I've heard of Dan for a long time, when I did first watch one of his videos (which wasn't too long ago, it was a suggestion recommended by YouTube), the first thing I admired was his upfront and brutal honesty. Unlike many other 'mentors', this dude follows a very distinct and less often travelled upon path to getting his point across and I can't lie when I say I personally enjoy it and as a bigger bonus, it sticks in my head. I mean which mentor insults the students and shouts at the top of his voice? They commonly have a softer and calmer voice and try to relate to the person watching the ad/video. This guy takes a different path, kudos to him, fraud or not, I'm entertained and I'm learning, how brilliant.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I would agree. I think the man is compensating for something . He's evidently attained some amount of success - but it's quite possible he's exaggerated his accomplishments. Regardless , he's hysterical to watch haha .

Compensating for something?

or

A calculated decision to build and market a persona that differentiates himself among the Tony Robbins type gurus of the world?

Sully1994

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
Compensating for something?

or

A calculated decision to build and market a persona that differentiates himself among the Tony Robbins type gurus of the world?

I don't personally know the man so I have no idea- but-just based on that video, we know he can act. He grew up in L.A too, and he's always comparing events that happened in his stories to "movies". I would be curious to know what he was like 20 or 30 years ago.

He's friends with comedian Tom Segura, which in a weird way, lends to his credibility. Comedians tend to hate and make fun of slimy business people.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
ive listened to a bit of Pena.

He's real.
Gov Rick Scott was one of his former lawyers, and a mentee of his (there are tapes of him in the 90's where he says Scott is the cheapest white man he knows).

Its just not possible to lie in such detail about about finances, markets, stories in business, etc... for so long.
and have people to back you up on it.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%