The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Damn you crypto

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

levijean

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 22, 2017
USA
I doubled a small investment in crypto last year. I ended up pulling my cash out about 6 months ago after the market was dead. But now there are signs of life again I have FOMO...sonovabitch.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 7, 2013
I doubled a small investment in crypto last year. I ended up pulling my cash out about 6 months ago after the market was dead. But now there are signs of life again I have FOMO...sonovabitch.
Here, this will help you. And if that doesn't this will.

I speak from experience, and if that doesn't satisfy you - then I have the results! :D

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
You are just gambling. And when the crypto market drops again are you going to be thanking your lucky stars that had you gotten out? Or will you buy at the top and then sell at the bottom and be saying the same thing over again?

OP
OP
levijean

levijean

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Yes it is pure speculation and I know how to trade. When I pulled my money out I assumed it would be a very long time before they did anything interesting again. I still think the chances of them all going to $0 at some point is probably 50/50.

Pedro Henrique

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 20, 2016
Brazil
In crypto you have to invest just the money you wont use for a time, I made 40% of profit these day after the bitcoin has gone up, but my money is in since last year

James Fend

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Yes it is pure speculation and I know how to trade. When I pulled my money out I assumed it would be a very long time before they did anything interesting again. I still think the chances of them all going to $0 at some point is probably 50/50.
Good traders know a) You don't ever really "miss" a trade, there will always be another one right around the corner.. and b) Know to contradict their emotions (if feeling FOMO, then it's likely the price moves will only have temporary staying power).

With that said; imo, you are not missing anything. This last surge is doing exactly what it's suppose to do (and is doing) is knocking out the last ounce of "greed" in the current pool of retail traders trying to "time the bottom and catch the early bull". Once the distribution happens, it won't be pretty, and it will be the final knock out punch for retail traders.

This leaves only one type.. the investor; because they can buy & hold in a range which requires great discipline and patience. That is what a "bottom" looks like, and the bottom from a psychology standpoint hasn't happened.

Duck

New Contributor
May 15, 2019
Denmark
Trading and speculating on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies should be avoided at all cost. Getting to know the underlying technology in the field and making a financial decision based on that is another thing. But whatever you do, do it long-term and with things you understand.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Yay only 10,000,000% to get back where we were, but with a bunch of additional regulation and millions of burnt, extremely skeptical people that will likely (smartly) steer very clear of crypto trading.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I rather enjoy the extreme negative sentiment here.

When you guys all turn positive let me know.

I'll place my sell orders.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 4, 2016
Trading and speculating on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies should be avoided at all cost. Getting to know the underlying technology in the field and making a financial decision based on that is another thing. But whatever you do, do it long-term and with things you understand.
Bulldog mindset I linked above showed that this is still a very stupid idea as there are better things to do with your money and time. Crypto is a get rich quick scheme by crypto gurus.

Seniorpreneur

New Contributor
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
Bulldog mindset I linked above showed that this is still a very stupid idea as there are better things to do with your money and time. Crypto is a get rich quick scheme by crypto gurus.
Did you lose any money trading Bitcoin or any other crypto's? I traded only on the big upside in 2018? Then at the peak price of $20M US I left only $25 US in my Bitcoin account at the end of 2018. Today that small amount is worth $175 US. And I didn't lose any of the trades i made in 2018. I'm happy!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
I rather enjoy the extreme negative sentiment here.

When you guys all turn positive let me know.

I'll place my sell orders.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk
:-D :-D My Exactly what I thought when I joined in 2015, it took 'em a while, they'll be back!

How's Estonia going?

ShepardHumphries

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 5, 2020
My interest in speculating in crypto is philosophic, not as a short-game in trading. Having read The Creature From Jekyll Island, observing central banks, precious metals etc, crypto seems smart to me. If you are in it for the money, a mainstream option like XRP, if you want your value to increase when central banks (and the governments they control) make crypto illegal; something like XMR.

This video offers one man's global perspective, and I think it is worth pondering.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1si5ZWLgy0&t=789s

CryptoMobster

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 1, 2020
England, United Kingdom
Did you lose any money trading Bitcoin or any other crypto's? I traded only on the big upside in 2018? Then at the peak price of $20M US I left only $25 US in my Bitcoin account at the end of 2018. Today that small amount is worth $175 US. And I didn't lose any of the trades i made in 2018. I'm happy!
That is really good work to say you lost 0 trades

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
:-D :-D My Exactly what I thought when I joined in 2015, it took 'em a while, they'll be back!

How's Estonia going?
Sorry, just saw this. I'm not on the forum very often.

I was too busy making money in crypto.....

But short answer, the mine is going great. We literally earn cash multiple times every single day.

We compound our returns by building nodes.

I will reiterate my earlier sentiment though. When all of you that are so negative on crypto turn bullish, please let me know so I can place my sell orders.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
My interest in speculating in crypto is philosophic, not as a short-game in trading. Having read The Creature From Jekyll Island, observing central banks, precious metals etc, crypto seems smart to me. If you are in it for the money, a mainstream option like XRP, if you want your value to increase when central banks (and the governments they control) make crypto illegal; something like XMR.

This video offers one man's global perspective, and I think it is worth pondering.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1si5ZWLgy0&t=789s
Agreed. Crypto is without a doubt the future of money.

I predict having a bank account in 10 years will be a novelty.

nordien1978

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 5, 2013

kelvinfernandezm

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2016
Fort Worth, Texas
I got caught up in the crypto hype because I had coins from 2010 that I sold in 2015. Than I saw them rise to $20k a coin an I thought it would go to 100k a coin.

But ultimately I stopped with the insanity. I still have coins and I will continue to invest in crypto because I like the technology and the philosophy of what the blockchain is.

But if I were you I would not invest any more money in it specially with this pandemic real or not it's going to bring a lot of changes in the upcoming years.

How long have you been trading and what style of trading do you do?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Everything you write about is so convincing and so adequate to my expectations that I can't...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I would also like to welcome to the traditional incubator @JustinY I am excited for what we...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
April sucked. You were forced into your homes, into different lifestyles. For some, it was an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock