The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crypto and NFT's are not for you.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
This post is such a non-fastlane mindset. Just garbage talking points to enable limiting beliefs.

Fastlane is about rapid asset appreciation, be that business/stocks/whatever.

2 years ago, we thought that having a business was the most control you could have. We have seen what government did to that false sense of complete control.

Crypto is pure capitalism. Free markets, property rights, sound currency, innovation. It rewards created value and punishes atrophy. It liquidated overleveraged traders. It rugpulls degenerate gamblers. It rewards early adopters of good projects.

But because it's a complete free market, it's also cut-throat. Which means you have to outcompete the market to win. You have to be faster/more informed/better judgement/emotional control/etc.

Most people don't have the time, energy, technical knowledge to compete in this environment.
Most people just gamble their money on random coins in hopes of being lucky.

But 'most people' also fail at starting and growing a succesfull business. (90%?)

Don't be 'most people'.

And take crypto seriously, especially in this clownworld economy which it is trying to fix.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 24, 2019
I've read all of your guys's replies here and I guess I've been surrounding myself with the wrong people. The kinds of people who do only buy random coins and hope to go up. This post was mainly for people like that.

In contrast, most of the people here who are into these things seem to be looking at it from a completely different light. For example the light of the technology itself and it's long-term changes that it's gonna bring. Agree on a lot of those points btw.

In any case, I got a fair amount of criticism which is exactly what I wanted and I think I learned a lot. So thank you!

Bill M.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 9, 2011
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't know who you are and what you plan on doing with Crypto but I feel for 90% of people it's just another lottery with the illusion that you can guess what numbers are gonna come out.

Here's my opinion:
When everyone and your grandma are talking about some financial opportunity, be weary.
When stories of small investments and incredible returns are the norm, be skeptical.
When the FOMO is real, you're not thinking straight.

Do you know what all the financial guru scams and crypto have in common?
- opportunity to change your life with a small investment
- easy to do/anyone can do it
- it can happen quick
- if only you get the right info / the right crypto

Does any of this sound like it's in your control? Does it sound like you're providing immense value? Like you're taking the right path and creating your own future?
To me it sounds like you're just looking for the easy way. By all means feel free to invest in these assets. They may very well be the future, but don't do it as your primary investment strategy. Your primary investment should be in yourself and your company.

Feel free to disagree. I'm not smarter than anyone else.
This post is such a non-fastlane mindset. Just garbage talking points to enable limiting beliefs.

Fastlane is about rapid asset appreciation, be that business/stocks/whatever.

2 years ago, we thought that having a business was the most control you could have. We have seen what government did to that false sense of complete control.

Crypto is pure capitalism. Free markets, property rights, sound currency, innovation. It rewards created value and punishes atrophy. It liquidated overleveraged traders. It rugpulls degenerate gamblers. It rewards early adopters of good projects.

But because it's a complete free market, it's also cut-throat. Which means you have to outcompete the market to win. You have to be faster/more informed/better judgement/emotional control/etc.

Most people don't have the time, energy, technical knowledge to compete in this environment.
Most people just gamble their money on random coins in hopes of being lucky.

But 'most people' also fail at starting and growing a succesfull business. (90%?)

Don't be 'most people'.

And take crypto seriously, especially in this clownworld economy which it is trying to fix.
I was resistant at first, but the more I study crypto the more I realize it is here to stay. Clearly, many of the coins offered are little more than cute gimmicks, but coins like ETH will likely transform the global financial system over time. Seems to be the rules that have underpinned the global economy for years are changing, or they are already in our rearview mirror. Business opportunities for the new crypto economy seem unlimited for those with the right skills and vision.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
The technology is game changing. Web3, proof of work, proof of stake, proof of history; just these models alone are genius. Go and read the Bitcoin whitepaper -https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf. It's only 9 pages long and just by looking at the pictures, you will realize this is the way.

The use cases are being slowly adopted. Macy's just had an NFT auction and giveaway on Thanksgiving. They did this on Polygon. Draft kings marketplace - polygon. Topps NFTs - AVAX. NBA Topshot - Flow(I think).

Wait until Playboy, Magic the Gathering, Pokémon, and other huge collector based brands come into the space. And this is just the NFT sector I'm describing....not DeFi or even the BTC taproot update coming out. There is so much potential here to build with. I've made multiple X's of money off of these deals just because I understand the potential and space. The real business is building a Dapp yourself, not necessarily trading. That's the fun part.

It's technologically exciting for a nerd like me.

DonJulio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 18, 2020
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't know who you are and what you plan on doing with Crypto but I feel for 90% of people it's just another lottery with the illusion that you can guess what numbers are gonna come out.

Here's my opinion:
When everyone and your grandma are talking about some financial opportunity, be weary.
When stories of small investments and incredible returns are the norm, be skeptical.

- it can happen quick

Does any of this sound like it's in your control? Does it sound like you're providing immense value? Like you're taking the right path and creating your own future?
To me it sounds like you're just looking for the easy way. By all means feel free to invest in these assets. They may very well be the future, but don't do it as your primary investment strategy. Your primary investment should be in yourself and your company.

I completely disagree. You must be from the older generation who doesn’t understand what a decentralized application is. The purpose of crypto is not to get rich, which is what it the scammers online are doing now, the purpose of cryptocurrency is to provide a decentralized finance mechanism so the centralized banks don’t control your money and to fight against hyperinflation. I no longer have to get asked 20 questions by the bank when I send $10,000 dollars to an investor for repayment or get hit with transfer fees sending my money abroad That is the purpose of crypto. It also provides an environment for incredible software opportunities like decentralized databases that are double encrypted making it more difficult for hackers to access the data. You stereotyping crypto as a scam is like saying every asian person is good at karate. It really shows your ignorance on the topic as well as your age.

rodvaN

Coder & Marketer
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 16, 2020
In my opinion and experience on the blockchain world. NFT's is just starting on different chains, they sell dumb stuff like Bored Apes and Crypto punks because there wasnt anything else. Cryptopunks was the first project on Ethereum, thats why they are overpriced.
I did an experiment on Harmony chain, on the davinci.gallery and started uploading my sketches, my surprise was that they start selling, also they started flipping them and giving me 10%.

Here is my conclusion:
NFT's tech is for testing the smart contracts for ownership on digital assets only, it doesnt covers copyrights right now since it is decentralized. But when the technology evolves, it will generate a new range of smart contracts for Physical assets such as Real Estate ownership. Obviously the mass adoption is far away, I predict about 2-4 years until we see something really meaningful on decentralizing things to eliminate corruption from health care, real estate, governance, etc.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Nothing like making confident assertations from a foundation of weak understanding. You hate to see it.

This stuff is evolving so incredibly fast that you simply cannot apply blanket statements to any of it. To think otherwise would be akin to closing your eyes, plugging your ears, and singing "lalalala" which -- fun fact -- is how maximalists are born.

If you can keep an open mind, and also put in the real work to learn new things, you will almost certainly be rewarded for your efforts. My best ROIs have come from digging into something and trying my damnedest to prove to myself that it was too good to be true, coming up empty handed, and then jumping in.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Cryptos will be always there. Yes will be there in decades.

Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Elect Automobile, Cyber security are new disruptive technologies. If you don't learn what are these, then you will be late in decades.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Remember when MJ talked about everybody wanting to be a real estate investor right before the crash?

This is not how he said it, but the concept is something like this: When the cashier at wendys starts talking about real estate investing (crypto, stocks, etc), You should be worried.

That's to say, When literally everybody and their brother starts trying to do it, You should be worried.

I see the same thing with crypto. Everyday people vaguely hear about bitcoin on the news, Now all of the sudden they want to buy crypto. Same thing with daytrading, and stocks. People vaguely hear about this stuff from friends and TV, and think its a good way to get rich.

And to Mike: You have a good point, but I think most people on the forum understand this. Whoever said you should post this on reddit is right, It's those that need to hear this the most that won't listen.

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
Remember when MJ talked about everybody wanting to be a real estate investor right before the crash?

This is not how he said it, but the concept is something like this: When the cashier at wendys starts talking about real estate investing (crypto, stocks, etc), You should be worried.

That's to say, When literally everybody and their brother starts trying to do it, You should be worried.

I see the same thing with crypto. Everyday people vaguely hear about bitcoin on the news, Now all of the sudden they want to buy crypto. Same thing with daytrading, and stocks. People vaguely hear about this stuff from friends and TV, and think its a good way to get rich.

And to Mike: You have a good point, but I think most people on the forum understand this. Whoever said you should post this on reddit is right, It's those that need to hear this the most that won't listen.
Bingo

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Here's my opinion:

- it can happen quick

Crypto is for me.
To the moon.

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Crypto is for me.
To the moon.

Look into $HNS (Handshake), solid fundamentals and interesting stuff happening in the space. The project aims to decentralize the root zone naming file in order to mitigate domain name resolution by centralized organizations such as ICANN

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
All that matters is cultivating the ability to think critically. Some people throw away money because they take risks. Others throw away money because they won't.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.