The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Custom sneakers

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

bjd02

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 2, 2020
United Kingdom
Hello, ive been interested in designing custom sneakers (particularly air force 1s) you can buy for around £70 and sell for £90-£100 easy. I dont really know what i want from this post apart from some business minded feedback? Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
For $30 dollar profit. How long will it take you to design the shoe?

bjd02

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 2, 2020
United Kingdom
For $30 dollar profit. How long will it take you to design the shoe?
The customer will most likely have to wait around 2-3 weeks, as i would have to buy the shoe in their size, design it and ship it back off. if they are local and have the shoe and i have all the equipment, could be done in days.

LFDY

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jun 16, 2020
Germany
The customer will most likely have to wait around 2-3 weeks, as i would have to buy the shoe in their size, design it and ship it back off. if they are local and have the shoe and i have all the equipment, could be done in days.
I think what Raoul Duke meant was how long it takes you to actually print the shoe?

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Hi

It sounds more like a hobby you would do with your own, or your friends, shoes to me.

If you buy them for £70 and sell for £90 you have theoretically made £20

But you had to go and get them, ask how I would like them, do the work, use some materials, and then send them to me for that £20 gross profit. The net will be less and divide it by your time is probably nearer to £5 an hour.

Now how many orders would you realistically get a year? Because to get lots you would need marketing that would cost too. If you were in Taunton for example why would someone in Preston have heard of you to order from?

Are you school age or thereabouts? I would say do it for yourself and your friends to get yourself used to providing some sort of service, purchasing/supplying and customer satisfaction which wont hurt and you can carry into your next idea.

If you are older I think you need to do something else.

Dan

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I would buy a pair.

Design the shoe.

Then paint it.

Put it up for sale.

Sell that shoe.

Along with three other shoes or more.

Depending on profit.

Goal: $100 profit or more in 48 hours.

No takers.

Then that is your answer.

bjd02

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 2, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi

It sounds more like a hobby you would do with your own, or your friends, shoes to me.

If you buy them for £70 and sell for £90 you have theoretically made £20

But you had to go and get them, ask how I would like them, do the work, use some materials, and then send them to me for that £20 gross profit. The net will be less and divide it by your time is probably nearer to £5 an hour.

Now how many orders would you realistically get a year? Because to get lots you would need marketing that would cost too. If you were in Taunton for example why would someone in Preston have heard of you to order from?

Are you school age or thereabouts? I would say do it for yourself and your friends to get yourself used to providing some sort of service, purchasing/supplying and customer satisfaction which wont hurt and you can carry into your next idea.

If you are older I think you need to do something else.

Dan
thanks for the reply, i’m 18 and am trying lots of different options, started shopify recently and wanted to give this a shot

LFDY

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jun 16, 2020
Germany
thanks for the reply, i’m 18 and am trying lots of different options, started shopify recently and wanted to give this a shot
Give it a shot! I have already seen very successful young people doing it.
I would encourage you to start with Instagram in combination with TikTok. Just show there your art you are doing. They sell at about 200$ for a shoe originally costing 100$, so 100$ profit margin.
Good luck and keep us updated!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.