The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crypto Retirement...What now

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Beginning 2017 I started to save up money to invest in eCommerce.
This is where net worth grew slowly through a job, because my businesses all failed to give consistent revenue.

Instead of investing into physical products, I ended up investing into several ICOs and trading.
It takes about 2h of research every other day.
Basically, I´m hitting my first money system target soon.

With living costs in Germany beeing extremely low, a 5% yearly yield will be sufficient to live comfortably.

I can´t help but feel like cheating the productocracy business model.

With the now found time, I´m thinking of starting a blog, cause I love reading and teaching, helping people out...basically ignoring creating a sellable business asset, since there is no need to build one.

Just wanted to hear your opinion on this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ak22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 4, 2017
germany
Herzlichen Glückwunsch dafür, dass du schon ausgesorgt hast ^^

The idea of starting a blog sounds pretty good to me in the beginning.
I mean, you really love teaching other people and helping them out - so why not? Doing something meaningful is fulfilling, and if it's "just" showing other people how to achieve the same thing like you did then it's awesome.
For me, if I would have such an opportunity I would probably start investing in "normal" startups (not necessarily in crypto startups). Just helping to innovate and advance technology and aim for the next big thing.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
This doesn't make sense. You put all of your retirement money into cryptocurrencies, the most volatile/crazy/risky market, to get a 5% yearly yield? Bitcoin will change 5% in less than a day.

Wouldn't it be smarter to put your retirement money into safer, low risk investments if all you want is a 5% gain?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
This doesn't make sense. You put all of your retirement money into cryptocurrencies, the most volatile/crazy/risky market, to get a 5% yearly yield? Bitcoin will change 5% in less than a day.

Wouldn't it be smarter to put your retirement money into safer, low risk investments if all you want is a 5% gain?
That's not what I read.
I think that he hit it big with crypto and now has F*ck you money.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Herzlichen Glückwunsch dafür, dass du schon ausgesorgt hast ^^

The idea of starting a blog sounds pretty good to me in the beginning.
I mean, you really love teaching other people and helping them out - so why not? Doing something meaningful is fulfilling, and if it's "just" showing other people how to achieve the same thing like you did then it's awesome.
For me, if I would have such an opportunity I would probably start investing in "normal" startups (not necessarily in crypto startups). Just helping to innovate and advance technology and aim for the next big thing.

Danke dir!
Yea, content is a great legacy structure.
There are a lot of approaches to do it in terms of value skewing..

Raise positive emotion
Make them feel better
Help them
Educate them
Solve their problems.

Can you continue your trend at some level with the ICO's?

Yes, definitely. I have FU money available to continue investing.
ICOs are going more into private sales and pre-sales, so it´s getting a bit more competitive. But if you do your research, it´s just a matter of patience to find the right ICOs.
JScott is a great example of what some research and due diligence can do.

I´m just getting out partially to have a "safe point".

The funds can be used for position trading(with quasi guaranteed returns similar to MJs 10% option returns) for some FU money..
Finally, funds are going into bonds for (ideally) 5% returns as a money system.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I understand your position and thought process completely.

I see all of us here as striving for freedom. Mj's books are guides and attitude adjusters to help people to achieve that.

Some of us will get lucky and get a strong tailwind the accelerates our process. Hit the lotto, marry money, get an inheritance, find a gold mine somewhere, whatever. It's rare but it does happen.

If you get a windfall, it is your responsibility to learn to deal with it.

It takes self-control, patience, discipline and the attainment of new knowledge.

You seem to be on the right track. I would and I am.

Protect the wealth.
Keep making money.
Look for new income streams.
Live way below your means.

In my case since we are landlords. I have expanded my knowledge in real estate. We are adding on passive RE investments.

Try not to feel bad because you don't have to create a product and sell a million of them any more. That's just an unnecessary distraction.

jon

Danke dir!
Yea, content is a great legacy structure.
There are a lot of approaches to do it in terms of value skewing..

Raise positive emotion
Make them feel better
Help them
Educate them
Solve their problems.

Yes, definitely. I have FU money available to continue investing.
ICOs are going more into private sales and pre-sales, so it´s getting a bit more competitive. But if you do your research, it´s just a matter of patience to find the right ICOs.
JScott is a great example of what some research and due diligence can do.

I´m just getting out partially to have a "safe point".

The funds can be used for position trading(with quasi guaranteed returns similar to MJs 10% option returns) for some FU money..
Finally, funds are going into bonds for (ideally) 5% returns as a money system.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
I understand your position and thought process completely.

I see all of us here as striving for freedom. Mj's books are guides and attitude adjusters to help people to achieve that.

Some of us will get lucky and get a strong tailwind the accelerates our process. Hit the lotto, marry money, get an inheritance, find a gold mine somewhere, whatever. It's rare but it does happen.

If you get a windfall, it is your responsibility to learn to deal with it.

It takes self-control, patience, discipline and the attainment of new knowledge.

You seem to be on the right track. I would and I am.

Protect the wealth.
Keep making money.
Live way below your means.

In my case since we are landlords. I have expanded my knowledge in real estate. We are adding on passive RE investments.

Try not to feel bad because you don't have to create a product and sell a million of them any more. That's just an unnecessary distraction.

jon

I´m glad to be understood so thoroughly.
Even if all wealth disappeared tomorrow, I would still be at ease, because it just takes a bit of effort to climb back.

"Protect the wealth.
Keep making money.
Live way below your means."

Exactly!
Thank you Jon.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
@Mainstream7 how's your crypto journey going?
Do you think it's a good time to buy now?

My portfolio took a huge hit. I failed to realize gains earlier.
I´m anticipating a bull trap Q4 on crypto and am preparing for longs. What I´m looking for is a buyback by big operators followed by a final markup and final distribution. I´m bearish 2019.

stnguyenvn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 28, 2016
My portfolio took a huge hit. I failed to realize gains earlier.
I´m anticipating a bull trap Q4 on crypto and am preparing for longs. What I´m looking for is a buyback by big operators followed by a final markup and final distribution. I´m bearish 2019.

I lost 70% too... Entered the market too late, never got out.
Why do you think it's bullish Q4? and what cryptos are you betting on?

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
I lost 70% too... Entered the market too late, never got out.
Why do you think it's bullish Q4? and what cryptos are you betting on?

My hypothesis is, large interests still have a lot of crypto to distribute. They also bought back BTC in this 6.6k range. This is apparent by the obvious demand in this level. They will mark up the price soon. Public fomos in and creates liquidity. Professionals sell on that liquidity. I'm anticipating a BTC top at 11-13k before they distribute the rest they have. Professionals will be gone.
Markdown follows.

I have eyes on most of the big caps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.