The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating an online course; video or email version?

DarkWoods

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 12, 2020
Hi everyone.

I am not the kind of guy who want to show his face in an online video course.

Do you think it's possible to make money with an email course? If the answer is yes, what are the different steps I need to follow to create one?

Thanks for your help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi everyone.

Do you think it's possible to make money with an email course? If the answer is yes, what are the different steps I need to follow to create one?

Thanks for your help!
1) You don’t have to get in front of camera, but I highly recommend it.

Tips:

Maybe stop thinking you’re “not the type of guy who wants to show his face”?

What if showing your face helped the people you serve better?

Then watch these two:

View: https://youtu.be/mUs5Gowvnhc

View: https://youtu.be/ixkvYao2zuk

2) Yes, you can send a course as emails.

Are you helping people yet?

DarkWoods

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 12, 2020
1) You don’t have to get in front of camera, but I highly recommend it.

Tips:

Maybe stop thinking you’re “not the type of guy who wants to show his face”?

What if showing your face helped the people you serve better?

Then watch these two:

View: https://youtu.be/mUs5Gowvnhc

View: https://youtu.be/ixkvYao2zuk

2) Yes, you can send a course as emails.

Are you helping people yet?

Thanks for your answer and your videos. I appreciate.

I forgot to mention something else. Since I don't have a computer anymore, I do everything on my old iPad mini. If I decide to do videos, how am I going to be able to create and integrate videos with my iPad?

You can also record your voice over a presentation.

Thanks for the tip.

My niche is a mix between gardening, ecology and ornithology. I want to help people create a low maintenance and ecological garden that will attract more birds, bees, butterflies and moths. Also, at the same time, because we are in a pandemic, I think that spending more time gardening and watching birds and insects in our gardens could help lower our stress and anxiety.

What do you think?

m1nu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 11, 2020
Switzerland
Other possibility like i did: Create videos with vyond.
I created a 3.5 hour course with animated videos. In my opinion it's a good alternative to presentations because more entertaining for the user.

If you got any questions regarding this - let me know!

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Sounds really interesting.

Some Ramit Sethi terminology:

Doesn't sounds like a mass market (many people, low price) product, though ... and not like a golden goose (many people, high price). It could be high end (few people, high price).

If you just do mails, I fear you will fall into the labor of love (few people. low price) category which is not lucrative at all.

You need the value skew to work in your favor (people are willing to pay a lot more for videos than for books, even if there is much less content and multimedia - videos, audio plus texts and images - is even better) and put production value first. You might get away with a marketing approach that is not tied to your face, but you want to do videos and maybe even well designed brochures and high quality photo examples if you go this route.

Copywriting must be spot on and you need to get good at targeted marketing and idea validation.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe
Hi everyone.

Thanks for your help!

I can totally relate.

I've made several courses without showing my face (most recent less than a month ago), and they are now one of my most important sources of income.

It's totally possible: you can use presentations, drawings, animated videos, whatever. There are tools to do literally anything.

This will probably have to change sooner than later, but until it's unavoidable, I'll keep it that way ;-)

Good luck for your course!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
To answer your question - you can do both, first email newsletter (if its paid you can use substack.com) then test the video course.
I don't do videos so can't help you about it. But text newsletter with substack might start you even today.

DarkWoods

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 12, 2020
To answer your question - you can do both, first email newsletter (if its paid you can use substack.com) then test the video course.
I don't do videos so can't help you about it. But text newsletter with substack might start you even today.

Thanks for the info. I will watch this. Do you know of any business that focus mostly on their newsletter?

Other possibility like i did: Create videos with vyond.
I created a 3.5 hour course with animated videos. In my opinion it's a good alternative to presentations because more entertaining for the user.

If you got any questions regarding this - let me know!

Thank you very much. What is vyond, an app? Do you know if I can use it on my iPad because I don't have a computer, just an iPad?

Sounds really interesting.

Some Ramit Sethi terminology:

Doesn't sounds like a mass market (many people, low price) product, though ... and not like a golden goose (many people, high price). It could be high end (few people, high price).

If you just do mails, I fear you will fall into the labor of love (few people. low price) category which is not lucrative at all.

You need the value skew to work in your favor (people are willing to pay a lot more for videos than for books, even if there is much less content and multimedia - videos, audio plus texts and images - is even better) and put production value first. You might get away with a marketing approach that is not tied to your face, but you want to do videos and maybe even well designed brochures and high quality photo examples if you go this route.

Copywriting must be spot on and you need to get good at targeted marketing and idea validation.

Thanks again. I will have to take that into consideration. Right now, I am learning WordPress and building my first blog on the subject. I will need to have this website on before thinking about creating an online course because I want to create an email list.

Thank you for the link.

I can totally relate.

I've made several courses without showing my face (most recent less than a month ago), and they are now one of my most important sources of income.

It's totally possible: you can use presentations, drawings, animated videos, whatever. There are tools to do literally anything.

This will probably have to change sooner than later, but until it's unavoidable, I'll keep it that way ;-)

Good luck for your course!

You are serious? In a few months, I have been able to create a good source of income? Do you think it's possible to do what you do with only an iPad because I don't have a computer, just an iPad.

Thanks again :)

m1nu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 11, 2020
Switzerland
Thank you very much. What is vyond, an app? Do you know if I can use it on my iPad because I don't have a computer, just an iPad?
Its a browser based video-creating-software. Can't imagine that you can use it properly on an ipad.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Thanks for the info. I will watch this. Do you know of any business that focus mostly on their newsletter?
YW. From the top of my head, top successes are The Hustle and The Morning Brew.
They have about $10m in revenue each.

Personally, i think that newsletters are next internet craze, like blogging or dropshipping were.
Early writers will earn, then it will dilute.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Personally, i think that newsletters are next internet craze, like blogging or dropshipping were.
Early writers will earn, then it will dilute.
Check out Substack and other newsletter platforms. I think newsletters and online courses are only set to get bigger.

hi5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Nov 16, 2020
ween gardening, ecology and ornithology. I want to help people create a low maintenance and ecological garden that will attract more birds, bees, butterflies and moths. Also, at the same time, beca
A different idea if you'd rather not use your face is to use a cartoon or bird face as the image of your voice. That way when you speak people will associate your voice to that bird face or cartoon face. You can always edit the image to display the emotions you speak.

Though if your channel is more of nature/serene one, why not play relaxing music (or the music from the environment if its peaceful) and instead of speaking type out the instructions in the video. This way your videos can also hit the people who like calm, asmr, peaceful, diy videos.

Just some ideas, good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.