The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a SaaS around a very simple idea?

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Depending on your needs there are a ton of options out there so you'll have to look into each one. There are alot of built in features, but for some there is the option to extend what the platform can do by writing some code.

I'm using Bubble.io for the project I'm working on. It's basically a drag/drop editor that you can setup different actions for when the user does something.
In Bubble.io you can write custom html, Javascript, or create what Bubble.io calls a plugin to extend beyond what the core features are.

Like @Life of Brian said it's pretty impressive what you can do without code.
appreciate it ! will look into all of these

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
You're in for a treat! There are lots of great options now. For example, check out Bubble.io and Airtable.
just checked out bubble editor and the possibilities to create SaaS applications with them seems endless, appreciate sharing this
It really is awesome what you can build without code now. For example, my point-of-sale system for a very specific niche was built entirely on Bubble: Wash-Dry-Fold POS

I started with the whole stair step method, though. I didn’t get here overnight. My very first app was a little thing that printed labels for a particular business. Next I made something that printed labels and sent text messages for that same type of business. Next I took on the task of building an entire point-of-sale system as a web app. Now that I have my own “main app” then I continue to grow it by adding features requested by users and prospective customers.

I own a software company that employs multiple people but I’m not a coder or developer in the hardcore traditional sense.
what is "wash-dry-fold-method" ?

Life of Brian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jun 15, 2013
Oklahoma
just checked out bubble editor and the possibilities to create SaaS applications with them seems endless, appreciate sharing this

what is "wash-dry-fold-method" ?
Drop-off laundry services in a laundromat are frequently referred to as "Wash-Dry-Fold" (you might also see it called "fluff and fold" or "wash & dry"). The laundry attendants will clean your clothes for you instead of using the self-service option in the laundromat.

If you are my business's target customer – an owner of a fully staffed modern laundromat whose store offers drop-off laundry services and need some technology to keep track of laundry orders and other sales – then my company name of "Wash-Dry-Fold POS" makes sense.

It's a really cool niche and an awesome industry.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Drop-off laundry services in a laundromat are frequently referred to as "Wash-Dry-Fold" (you might also see it called "fluff and fold" or "wash & dry"). The laundry attendants will clean your clothes for you instead of using the self-service option in the laundromat.

If you are my business's target customer – an owner of a fully staffed modern laundromat whose store offers drop-off laundry services and need some technology to keep track of laundry orders and other sales – then my company name of "Wash-Dry-Fold POS" makes sense.

It's a really cool niche and an awesome industry.
Ohh ok I Understand now

Percy Swint

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 13, 2014
I currently have an excel sheet that I am selling, with the SAAS in development! First offering the excel sheet really help me validate my offering.

prophitapp.com

Percy Swint

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 13, 2014
I currently have an excel sheet that I am selling, with the SAAS in development! First offering the excel sheet really help me validate my offering.

prophitapp.com

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Found an app that looks and functions pretty much exactly like I wanted.

I think I'm moving past my idea in favor of another one that I thought of from my own day job (domain experience).

It really is awesome what you can build without code now. For example, my point-of-sale system for a very specific niche was built entirely on Bubble: Wash-Dry-Fold POS

I started with the whole stair step method, though. I didn’t get here overnight. My very first app was a little thing that printed labels for a particular business. Next I made something that printed labels and sent text messages for that same type of business. Next I took on the task of building an entire point-of-sale system as a web app. Now that I have my own “main app” then I continue to grow it by adding features requested by users and prospective customers.

I own a software company that employs multiple people but I’m not a coder or developer in the hardcore traditional sense.
Thats badass man! I think I'll have to really give Bubble.io a try again and see what it's capable of.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I developed a spreadsheet once that solved a problem for my employer. The "standard" software to address this problem cost $2500, and the company wouldn't fork out that much money. That meant the employees were stuck doing this painstaking multi-step task by hand using a huge printed reference book where they had to look up specific entries in tables and then cross-reference that to the initial data. It was ridiculous and very subject to human error. The spreadsheet I built could calculate the whole thing instantly just by entering the initial data in the first page of the sheet.

I realized that this specific task that wasn't just happening at my workplace - There were thousands of other potential customers across the country - employees doing this task by hand because their employer wouldn't pay for the overpriced software.

I thought about going around and selling a copy of my spreadsheet for like $49.99 to the individual employees. It would be affordable for them and wouldn't require going through the red tape of the employer, and it would save them a ton of time and stress.

But the problem I couldn't figure out was how to stop people from just copying my spreadsheet and sharing it with others. It was a tight-knit industry where industry professionals in different locations had a lot of collaboration and cross-communication, so I figured that once a few people got ahold of it, it would just be shared from person-to-person via email or USB drives.

So I never released it on a wider scale.

How would you protect this from happening with your idea?
As @BizyDad said, turn it into a SaaS. Could even offer licenses that renew every year.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
@PizzaOnTheRoof

I'm not a coding expert and not sure if you are,, but here are a number of no code/low code options out there where you can build a simple SAAS on. This could give you an opportunity to quickly build your idea and see if you could market it.
You can always go back and build it from scratch if it gets to a point where you need more than what something like that is capable of.

Your post caught my eye because I'm currently working on using a low code solution to create an SAAS and the idea came from an excel file.

Just wanted to share the idea not sure if the community will agree with it or not.
what low code solution are you using? if you don't mind me asking

djforema

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 27, 2017
Indiana
what low code solution are you using? if you don't mind me asking
I'm using Bubble.io

There are so many anymore that it's hard to keep up with all of them, but Bubble has quite a few built in features as well as options to extend its functionality. Plus it provides basically everything you need to launch a application. Also the pricing is very inexpensive to get started.

It just depends on what your idea is and what you need to do. Take a look at some examples on the Bubble.io forum or YouTube.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
I'm using Bubble.io

There are so many anymore that it's hard to keep up with all of them, but Bubble has quite a few built in features as well as options to extend its functionality. Plus it provides basically everything you need to launch a application. Also the pricing is very inexpensive to get started.

It just depends on what your idea is and what you need to do. Take a look at some examples on the Bubble.io forum or YouTube.
ok I've actually just started learning how to use that
Appreciate the response!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.