The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a rapid identity-level shift.

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This is by far the most important post, you'll have ever read, in your entire life...because when you read this, you will make more money.
  • Your environment affects your behavior.
  • You have unconscious filters in your brain, which affects your behavior.
  • Your beliefs affect your behavior.
  • Your core values affect your behavior.
Your actions dictate your results.

If any of the actions you want to take are out of alignment with all these unconscious filters, beliefs or values in your mind, you are not going to take the action. At the most basic level, if you don't believe you can do something, you probably won't do it.

I used to be scared to email influencers, and I feared reaction. I believed they wouldn't respond, so I never even tried. But if I'm using influencer marketing for my marketing strategy, wouldn't I need to send that first email before I can make any money?

See the problem here? People act in alignment with their unconscious beliefs. This is why I taught myself how to remove limiting beliefs. When I removed my limiting beliefs about business, I started to make money and quit my job.

You don't take the action because of some unconscious belief about yourself. This is why "just do it" doesn't work. Overcoming procrastination, finding out what steps to take next, learning those skills, and believing you can succeed is the easy part...

BUT....

There is one thing that holds all of your beliefs, values, and unconscious filter in place.

When you make this one shift within yourself, all of those struggles you face will simply melt away.

Sounds too good to be true? That's because it isn't...

I've owned a personal development company for two years, I do high-level executive coaching, and I know exactly how to transform others from where they are to where they want to be, and I'm real good at it...that's the easy part.

The hard part is recognizing these things I need to fix within myself...shit keeps popping up. I fixed one limiting belief, and another thing popped up as soon as that one went away.

This is when I learned how to make an identity level shift.

upload_2016-6-6_14-3-20.png

This is a typical pyramid that NLP trainers use.

When you take care of the top of the pyramid, and you make an identity level shift everything else below it falls into place, and you begin easily and effortlessly taking those actions that get you towards your goals.

• You stop fearing failure and rejection, running away from pain.
  • You stop procrastinating.
  • You stop taking those unconscious self-destructive behaviors that were in line with your old identity.
Here is the clear distinction - in MJ's book, he talks about Fastlaners, Slowlaners, and Sidewalkers.

Do you know the worst thing you can do if you're an entrepreneur?

STOP saying you are "still" a slowlaner, hoping to one day be a fastlaner. When you identify yourself as a slowlaner, you're going to act like one.

When you start identifying yourself as a fastlaner (especially if you haven't even made your first dollar), your behavior will start to be congruent with this new sense of identity.

The reason why I am so passionate about this is because this self-identity thing is something with a VERY EASY SOLUTION.

But first, there is the hard way of shifting your identity.

The Hard Way

It's the "typical power-forward businessman" approach. You push through the struggles. Yes, you see 99.9% of the entrepreneurs who are VERY successful use this approach. They take soooo much action, that they get the results.

But to them the work is still a struggle.

When they start noticing the results on the outside (the money coming in), they finally identify themselves as a fastlaner, and their business is just an upward spiral of success there. MJ already has the fastlaner identity level shift so we all know he could start another business from scratch easier than most, even if it's in an area he's never worked in before.

The Quick Identity Level Shift

I don't quite know how to teach this through words yet, so bare with me...This is what I do on calls. I'll use a real life example of work I did on myself for my dating life:

I fell for a girl, and she said she wanted to just be friends.

It destroyed me on the inside for two weeks straight. I was completely NOT ok with 'just being friends'. She is the ideal type of girl for an entrepreneur like me. She pushes me to be a better person each day, and I push her as well. In summary: the ideal match, and there is nobody out there like her.

But I can't have her (in a non-possessive way).

Lesson: Think of the goal that you have, whether it be with business or whatever.

Imagine for a moment, seeing, hearing, and feeling as if you already achieved this goal.

^that right there is the test I use to see if we are mentally and emotionally aligned with what we want. If you can't feel as if you already have your goal, there are negative emotions that get in the way, which can be released quickly using any number of emotional release techniques.

But the more important question to ask: What would happen if you don't achieve this goal?

I would be single and alone.

This is the point where you have to be completely honest with yourself. Don't put a "positive reframe" on it. What is literally the worst that you can picture happening if you don't achieve your goal?

I would be single and alone, forever.

And here is the identity-level shift question: What does it mean about you if you are ______________(single and alone forever)?

99% of the time, it is a negative self-judgement.

Whatever words come to YOUR mind for the negative outcome...what does it mean about you? For me, it was "I'm incomplete. I'm not enough."

I've made many posts before about a thing called EFT (emotional freedom technique).

Making the shift:
  1. I brought up a mental picture in my mind seeing myself as 'not being enough and incomplete'. I see myself defeated and sad, by myself.
  2. I drain the negative emotion from that picture by using EFT.
  3. Do the EFT until the emotion is a 0 our of 10.
When you focus on a negative thought or emotion, while doing EFT, it releases that emotion, usually in 30 seconds or less. Immediately, after doing that technique, I felt that I am already complete, and that I am already enough, regardless of what happened in the past.

I spent 2 weeks trying to discover exactly what the negative self-judgement identity was, but once I found it, I feel 100% better now.

But do you want to know the most interesting thing that happened during the two weeks of releasing this negative self-identity?
  • I noticed more girls flirting with me (just not the one I wanted).
  • One girl messaged me and said she wanted to travel the world with me.
  • A girl I used to date in Arizona said she's flying to Denver soon, and wants to meet up.
  • Much more success when I go out on the weekends.
  • I lost any approach anxiety talking to girls I found attractive (I had this problem for a while)
I began having more success with women, because my identity shifted from being not enough, to being the type of person who is more than enough.

After these two weeks, and finding what negative identity was at play here, releasing the emotions from it using EFT and the formula above, my dating life is so much better now...

The same applies to your identity with business.

Do you identify yourself as a struggling entrepreneur/slowlaner? Or do you identify yourself as an entrepreneur/fastlaner who is growing stronger every day?

You can spend years running through the struggles, or you can use the pictures in your mind and the tapping thing to let go of that old identity you used to have of yourself, so you can let the new one fall into place.

When you do this, try to see, hear, and feel as if you already have that goal you want.

When you can do that, you are 100% mentally and emotionally aligned with having the things you want, where you can now be aligned to take more action, and act in line with your new identity as a successful entrepreneur.

I have no clue if any of what I said makes sense or not...

I've been mastering this skill of tranformation for over two years now, so all my knowledge has led up to this point....might be using some jargon that doesn't make sense to you.

levels.png

In summary - those pictures in your mind of "what it means about you if you DONT achieve your goal" are your unconscious filters that hold your sense of identity. Use EFT to drain the emotions that make it feel real, and you'll be one step closer with a much easier journey through entrepreneurship.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
[HASHTAG]#psuedoscience[/HASHTAG]

All the to you if you can "create" a perceived valued enterprise based off a bunch of nonsense, but are you realistically better than any run of the mill self help or mlm system?

You and I both know your "field" is essentially a baseless pseudo science much in the way that cranial capacity studies or "reefer madness" is, so my question is; do you realistically create value in your "customer/clients" , or do you just maintain a mirage of success that essentially leads to nowhere ?

You walk the walk and talk the talk you present to the world, but is it really a valuable enterprise?

D

Deleted35442

This is by far the most important post, you'll have ever read, in your entire life...because when you read this, you will make more money.
  • Your environment affects your behavior.
  • You have unconscious filters in your brain, which affects your behavior.
  • Your beliefs affect your behavior.
  • Your core values affect your behavior.
Your actions dictate your results.

If any of the actions you want to take are out of alignment with all these unconscious filters, beliefs or values in your mind, you are not going to take the action. At the most basic level, if you don't believe you can do something, you probably won't do it.

I used to be scared to email influencers, and I feared reaction. I believed they wouldn't respond, so I never even tried. But if I'm using influencer marketing for my marketing strategy, wouldn't I need to send that first email before I can make any money?

See the problem here? People act in alignment with their unconscious beliefs. This is why I taught myself how to remove limiting beliefs. When I removed my limiting beliefs about business, I started to make money and quit my job.

You don't take the action because of some unconscious belief about yourself. This is why "just do it" doesn't work. Overcoming procrastination, finding out what steps to take next, learning those skills, and believing you can succeed is the easy part...

BUT....

There is one thing that holds all of your beliefs, values, and unconscious filter in place.

When you make this one shift within yourself, all of those struggles you face will simply melt away.

Sounds too good to be true? That's because it isn't...

I've owned a personal development company for two years, I do high-level executive coaching, and I know exactly how to transform others from where they are to where they want to be, and I'm real good at it...that's the easy part.

The hard part is recognizing these things I need to fix within myself...shit keeps popping up. I fixed one limiting belief, and another thing popped up as soon as that one went away.

This is when I learned how to make an identity level shift.

View attachment 12545

This is a typical pyramid that NLP trainers use.

When you take care of the top of the pyramid, and you make an identity level shift everything else below it falls into place, and you begin easily and effortlessly taking those actions that get you towards your goals.

• You stop fearing failure and rejection, running away from pain.
  • You stop procrastinating.
  • You stop taking those unconscious self-destructive behaviors that were in line with your old identity.
Here is the clear distinction - in MJ's book, he talks about Fastlaners, Slowlaners, and Sidewalkers.

Do you know the worst thing you can do if you're an entrepreneur?

STOP saying you are "still" a slowlaner, hoping to one day be a fastlaner. When you identify yourself as a slowlaner, you're going to act like one.

When you start identifying yourself as a fastlaner (especially if you haven't even made your first dollar), your behavior will start to be congruent with this new sense of identity.

The reason why I am so passionate about this is because this self-identity thing is something with a VERY EASY SOLUTION.

But first, there is the hard way of shifting your identity.

The Hard Way

It's the "typical power-forward businessman" approach. You push through the struggles. Yes, you see 99.9% of the entrepreneurs who are VERY successful use this approach. They take soooo much action, that they get the results.

But to them the work is still a struggle.

When they start noticing the results on the outside (the money coming in), they finally identify themselves as a fastlaner, and their business is just an upward spiral of success there. MJ already has the fastlaner identity level shift so we all know he could start another business from scratch easier than most, even if it's in an area he's never worked in before.

The Quick Identity Level Shift

I don't quite know how to teach this through words yet, so bare with me...This is what I do on calls. I'll use a real life example of work I did on myself for my dating life:

I fell for a girl, and she said she wanted to just be friends.

It destroyed me on the inside for two weeks straight. I was completely NOT ok with 'just being friends'. She is the ideal type of girl for an entrepreneur like me. She pushes me to be a better person each day, and I push her as well. In summary: the ideal match, and there is nobody out there like her.

But I can't have her (in a non-possessive way).

Lesson: Think of the goal that you have, whether it be with business or whatever.

Imagine for a moment, seeing, hearing, and feeling as if you already achieved this goal.

^that right there is the test I use to see if we are mentally and emotionally aligned with what we want. If you can't feel as if you already have your goal, there are negative emotions that get in the way, which can be released quickly using any number of emotional release techniques.

But the more important question to ask: What would happen if you don't achieve this goal?

I would be single and alone.

This is the point where you have to be completely honest with yourself. Don't put a "positive reframe" on it. What is literally the worst that you can picture happening if you don't achieve your goal?

I would be single and alone, forever.

And here is the identity-level shift question: What does it mean about you if you are ______________(single and alone forever)?

99% of the time, it is a negative self-judgement.

Whatever words come to YOUR mind for the negative outcome...what does it mean about you? For me, it was "I'm incomplete. I'm not enough."

I've made many posts before about a thing called EFT (emotional freedom technique).

Making the shift:
  1. I brought up a mental picture in my mind seeing myself as 'not being enough and incomplete'. I see myself defeated and sad, by myself.
  2. I drain the negative emotion from that picture by using EFT.
  3. Do the EFT until the emotion is a 0 our of 10.
When you focus on a negative thought or emotion, while doing EFT, it releases that emotion, usually in 30 seconds or less. Immediately, after doing that technique, I felt that I am already complete, and that I am already enough, regardless of what happened in the past.

I spent 2 weeks trying to discover exactly what the negative self-judgement identity was, but once I found it, I feel 100% better now.

But do you want to know the most interesting thing that happened during the two weeks of releasing this negative self-identity?
  • I noticed more girls flirting with me (just not the one I wanted).
  • One girl messaged me and said she wanted to travel the world with me.
  • A girl I used to date in Arizona said she's flying to Denver soon, and wants to meet up.
  • Much more success when I go out on the weekends.
  • I lost any approach anxiety talking to girls I found attractive (I had this problem for a while)
I began having more success with women, because my identity shifted from being not enough, to being the type of person who is more than enough.

After these two weeks, and finding what negative identity was at play here, releasing the emotions from it using EFT and the formula above, my dating life is so much better now...

The same applies to your identity with business.

Do you identify yourself as a struggling entrepreneur/slowlaner? Or do you identify yourself as an entrepreneur/fastlaner who is growing stronger every day?

You can spend years running through the struggles, or you can use the pictures in your mind and the tapping thing to let go of that old identity you used to have of yourself, so you can let the new one fall into place.

When you do this, try to see, hear, and feel as if you already have that goal you want.

When you can do that, you are 100% mentally and emotionally aligned with having the things you want, where you can now be aligned to take more action, and act in line with your new identity as a successful entrepreneur.

I have no clue if any of what I said makes sense or not...

I've been mastering this skill of tranformation for over two years now, so all my knowledge has led up to this point....might be using some jargon that doesn't make sense to you.

View attachment 12548

In summary - those pictures in your mind of "what it means about you if you DONT achieve your goal" are your unconscious filters that hold your sense of identity. Use EFT to drain the emotions that make it feel real, and you'll be one step closer with a much easier journey through entrepreneurship.
Oh look, it's TaiNC. This is the guy who thought he was intellectually crafty wishing everyone fail and experience his health problems. "high level executive coaching" and yet he's here, peddling this horseshit. This is such a tsunami of shit. I can't even. If anyone buys into this, you're an idiot.

@Azure is on the balls correct. You'd think these charlatans would have moved on from this NLP shit. You'd be more legit selling Herbalife @AndrewNC. That's how bad this is.

@Captain Jack @theag @axiom @Delmania @Dave510

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I also once did a presentation in my public speaking class on identity and negative/positive images of oneself

This makes me want to finish psycho cybernetics by maxwell maltz

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I also once did a presentation in my public speaking class on identity and negative/positive images of oneself

This makes me want to finish psycho cybernetics by maxwell maltz
The funny part is that most people who know exactly what I do/teach keep saying I practice exactly what they teach in that book, yet I never read it.

Maybe it's time I should do that too... If you have audible.com - it's a real quick way to finish it, even if you have a busy schedule

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
[HASHTAG]#psuedoscience[/HASHTAG]

All the to you if you can "create" a perceived valued enterprise based off a bunch of nonsense, but are you realistically better than any run of the mill self help or mlm system?

You and I both know your "field" is essentially a baseless pseudo science much in the way that cranial capacity studies or "reefer madness" is, so my question is; do you realistically create value in your "customer/clients" , or do you just maintain a mirage of success that essentially leads to nowhere ?

You walk the walk and talk the talk you present to the world, but is it really a valuable enterprise?

I find it interesting that those people who do the studies and call it pseudoscience have no clue what they are talking about. They read a little bit of literature, they come in with their own opinions based on someone else's limited point of view, and they go into the study trying to prove their theory right.

They try to prove that it's BS pseudoscience, and because that is what they are looking to prove in their mind, that is the answer they find, and publish for others.

But then there are all these large corporations like Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Intel (and others) who spend $11 Billion per year on executive coaching. The CEO gets out of his own way, can find clarity in direction, and knows exactly how to make their goals a reality, as well as the ability to handle "the shit that comes up along the way".

"seek and you shall find" - Those people doing 'studies' and calling it pseudoscience go in with their personal bias, and are resisting of anything that goes against it.

I do the same thing.

I go in with a bias to find the reasons why this works. I then use these tools, and I get the results I want in life. I look for ways to make it work, and it has worked very well for me.

Then I used the tools I spent five years learning, and I help others.

To answer your question if it gets results for people: Yes. I worked with a CEO of a larger company last month, and within a week of working with me, he finally closed a deal to get his product distributed in another country, which will do amazing things for his already successful business.

Then I offer my services on the forum through an ad here, get people results, so I decide to make posts like these.

I share the 'best of the best' information that has worked for me and others, for free.

I used to care if people listened to my words or not...I would have gotten upset if the trolls come out and call it BS.

But now I just put out my lessons learned...if people want to listen, they can. If they don't...then they don't have to. If they are doing something else that is working for them, then all the power to them.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
The funny part is that most people who know exactly what I do/teach keep saying I practice exactly what they teach in that book, yet I never read it.

Maybe it's time I should do that too... If you have audible.com - it's a real quick way to finish it, even if you have a busy schedule
I actually just started using it either this or last week

I have been listening to audible whenever I am at the gym

Thanks for the suggestion, it would have not crossed my mind to listen to the audiobook version

Hey well maybe you are the next maxwell maltz :)

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I believe that what you believe is what you become 100% , it's true that people that have a negative outlook on themselves more often have negative lives . I wouldn't mark this as malarkey

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.