The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Create a shorts youtube channel

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello friends,
I give some news about the project.
Currently, I am refining my creative process, while working on quality improvement.
For several short videos, I added subtitles with Happy Scribe (very practical and inexpensive, I recommend).
Right now, I've scheduled my shorts until January 18, so that's 30 videos, because I post one a day.
I am very motivated to continue, what I do I like a lot.
I hope to bring you good results soon friends!
Good luck to you in your projects, be strong.
Capture d’écran 2022-12-20 à 20.45.39.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
How's the engagement?

Are you posting on other platforms?

Yes, I'm also posting on TikTok every day too.
Here are some stats, don't hesitate if you want more : Capture d’écran 2022-12-21 à 09.13.22.pngCapture d’écran 2022-12-21 à 09.13.07.png
Capture d’écran 2022-12-21 à 09.12.58.png

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Hey @MaxT Any update on your short channel?
I am currently building one around digital marketing takeaways.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hey ! About tiktok it's not make good results at all for me so I've stopped published on it, but youtube make good results, it's not impressive but now I've 500 subs. And some shorts made between 1k to 10k views max, the good new is Subscribers are coming faster and faster at the moment so that's encouraging. The less good is that making “buzz” shorts is only the technique to attract people to real content: my culture videos. For the moment I'm doing it once a week, but it doesn't work much more than that. I must therefore continue to work in these two directions to reach even more people and further improve my editing, story etc.
If you want take a look on all my videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIhf2ge408lzhD2rBE_ZpSg
My last culture video about Mk Ultra project by CIA :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWLsLLjDpKA

It's in French but you can make the subtitles.
Have you already published some videos ? I'll take a look too :)

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
You said that your goal is to build an audience for your other projects.

Why are you starting with the theme of posting general culture facts vs. maybe vlogging or documenting the projects you're working on? Do you think the audience you build from generic culture facts will be just as engaged on other future videos/projects you release?

Otherwise, great video consistency. There was another guy doing Youtube for MMA and he made a website for it (lol), I think you'll be more successful if you considered making a website/newsletter because it fits with the theme of 'general culture facts' - particularly if you market it for a younger or niche audience.

Best of luck!

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
I get a lot of value from it and TubeBuddy because I make money through my channels and the channels we manage.

For someone starting out I think the VidIQ topic suggestion feature is super useful, especially once you've "seasoned" it by telling it what you like and don't like.
Would be awesome to see you comment on the general KPIs or metrics you look at when launching a new channel to determine its potential.

For example, I can start a channel about 'peas' tomorrow and get maybe 1k subs within 3 mos but if I start a channel about 'cabbage' and get 12k subs in 2 months, I am confident that I am on to a winner.

In my example, the number of subs and the timeframe it took to get there are the key criteria I look at. However in the past there have been some channels I've built and only got maybe 600 subs in 5 months and I've discarded those channel, however a part of me always considers what if I stuck with that channel for a bit longer? Am I getting in the way of my own success?

I guess it's one of the more difficult questions to get clarity on.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Would be awesome to see you comment on the general KPIs or metrics you look at when launching a new channel to determine its potential.

For example, I can start a channel about 'peas' tomorrow and get maybe 1k subs within 3 mos but if I start a channel about 'cabbage' and get 12k subs in 2 months, I am confident that I am on to a winner.

In my example, the number of subs and the timeframe it took to get there are the key criteria I look at. However in the past there have been some channels I've built and only got maybe 600 subs in 5 months and I've discarded those channel, however a part of me always considers what if I stuck with that channel for a bit longer? Am I getting in the way of my own success?

I guess it's one of the more difficult questions to get clarity on.

What's your goal? Is it just YouTube for the sake of YouTube? And how are you trying to make money? Adsense?

Our channels are all personal brand focused to attract high ticket clients. So I'm not really thinking "hmm should the channel be about cabbage or peas.." it's about that entrepreneur, then we do our best to create topics within their "box" that have the most potential to magnetise their dream clients. Yeah we want a lot of views but views aren't everything. It's also about nurturing their existing lead gen and moving prospects down the funnel. For KPIs, I only look at leads and conversions.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
You said that your goal is to build an audience for your other projects.

Why are you starting with the theme of posting general culture facts vs. maybe vlogging or documenting the projects you're working on? Do you think the audience you build from generic culture facts will be just as engaged on other future videos/projects you release?

Otherwise, great video consistency. There was another guy doing Youtube for MMA and he made a website for it (lol), I think you'll be more successful if you considered making a website/newsletter because it fits with the theme of 'general culture facts' - particularly if you market it for a younger or niche audience.

Best of luck!
Actually I like to publish videos about culture : cinema, arts... that's why. I don't want at this time share all my projects and how i make them on YouTube, but in few months/years why not. But i'm not sure there is a public for that in france, entrepreneurship aren't seen in a good eye...
The newsletters is a cool idea, a website is a lot of work and the public is more on a video content nowaday (my opinion).
Wish you the best too !! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.