The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Crashed again... unmotivated...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Jurad

New Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
New York
I left my job over a year ago to focus on my new project that was getting to the point where it would interfere with my job. I have since spent more time taking advantage of my freedom than i have focused on my "passion" that I left my job for.

I came back here to get re-energized and refocused. I am also look for a good system to define the stage of my startup and what my next steps should be. I am a fan of the lean startup model, but if there are other ways to define my stage of startup I would love to take a look at it.

My business it modeled around video conferencing used by businesses and bringing it to the modern busy, separated family.

Thank you to everyone for getting me off my a$$, but here i am again, on my a$$. :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Kinda hard to really provide any advice without more details.

I am also look for a good system to define the stage of my startup and what my next steps should be. I am a fan of the lean startup model, but if there are other ways to define my stage of startup I would love to take a look at it.
You're looking for a step-by-step blueprint?

I really don't understand why you're wrapped up at "defining" stages.

Assuming you're operating on a margin, sell your product and scale it.

The name of the stage is not relevant.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Mar 19, 2014
Are you hungry?

To me it sounds a little bit like you're full and satisfied.

Like you have just enough income from your new project to keep your lifestyle going.

If you were hungry enough, you wouldn't be here needing help to get off your a$$.

You would go.

Sell.

Your.

Product.

Defining the stage of your startup?

BS.

You can spend years and years looking for a shortcut but never find it, or you can walk the damn walk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jurad

Jurad

New Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
New York
Kinda hard to really provide any advice without more details.

You're looking for a step-by-step blueprint?

I really don't understand why you're wrapped up at "defining" stages.

Assuming you're operating on a margin, sell your product and scale it.

The name of the stage is not relevant.
I really appreciate your response, and I don't disagree. I think I am wrapped up in defining stages and not taking action.

I need to complete the delivery system of my product, and in order to do that I need to better define what my product fully is. I want to white label a video conference service and sell it to a niche market. I need to take action on just that. I am getting systems to scale it in front of selling it. Cart in front of the horse.

OP
OP
Jurad

Jurad

New Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
New York
Are you hungry?

To me it sounds a little bit like your full and satisfied.

Like you have just enough income from your new project to keep your lifestyle going.

If you were hungry enough, you wouldn't be here needing help to get off your a$$.

You would go.

Sell.

Your.

Product.

Defining the stage of your startup?

BS.

You can spend years and years looking for a shortcut but never find it, or you can walk the damn walk.
I agree, and appreciate and needed just that. The kick in the a$$ that says my current worries are BS. I wouldn't say I'm looking for a short cut as much as assurance that I am on the right track. But that is fruitless and will never come.

I need to be relentless and focus on taking continuous action.

I agree that i am not hungry enough, but I know that I will resent myself for never perusing this 100%.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom