The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coronavirus - How worried should we be about it? - a Data Scientist perspective.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
yeah ... the thing is that you don't know how much time you're giving a person. Some people only have their lives extended by a few months. Others, in the same situation, are extended by many years. One guy I know was in the ICU for three months. At one point during his coma, he was given an hour (yeah ... 1 hour) to live. He recovered and is now expected to live for many years to come. A number of other people were admitted to the ICU during the same time frame for the same condition at his hospital. All of them died.

How do you make the call to not spend the money?

Private healthcare, and people can make their own decisions. Easy.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness

It feels like the Twilight Zone is this real?

Earlier The Norwegians called their Students home from USA because of USA poor Infrastructure on the Virus.

The place that a certain person preferred over "S.Hole Countries."

That person you can not even state his resume....his actual resume because it would be considered bashing.

The guy in charge of life or death Virus...The one time he told the truth was when he said he could commit murder and not lose his supporters. God help us for a few more months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
@Saavedra @Jon L I know the debate over how much to spend on prolonging life can get touchy real fast, because people have different experiences and assumptions. I'll tell you one of mine. It's not a nudge in either direction, just an example of one individual's preference.

My father was healthy and worked as an expert into his late 70's / early 80's. When he was dying at age 85, he could have lived longer with a transplant, and the hospital offered to put him on the list for one. How much longer would he have lived? Who knows... how many people live to be 90? He had insurance and savings that would pay for a transplant, but he declined. His reasoning was the following:
  • He was dead set against getting an organ that a much younger person could get, which might extend their productive life by 20 years or more
  • The likelihood of a good surgical outcome was low given his age
  • The likelihood of lowered quality of life was high given his age and the need for anti-rejection drugs which suppress the immune system
  • The chance of him living to be 100 with a transplant was incredibly low, maybe impossible; even 90 was unlikely
  • The cost of a transplant didn't make sense to him, even if it wasn't his cost to bear; he was very aware that his costs would be spread among others by way of insurance rates
He probably had other reasons, but if asked he would mention at least the above. So he chose to simply live out what time he had with his OEM parts.

That decision might not be for everyone, but we respected it as his decision. It wasn't easy to come to terms with either... it's hard to let someone go when there might be some way to give them another year or two. But he did the calculations for himself, and in his case he felt there was only one reasonable choice.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@Entre Eyes Seems like a smart image move from Ma.

People rail on the American healthcare system all day long, then ignore which country contributes the most to medical advancements(by a huge margin at that).

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
@Saavedra @Jon L I know the debate over how much to spend on prolonging life can get touchy real fast, because people have different experiences and assumptions. I'll tell you one of mine. It's not a nudge in either direction, just an example of one individual's preference.

My father was healthy and worked as an expert into his late 70's / early 80's. When he was dying at age 85, he could have lived longer with a transplant, and the hospital offered to put him on the list for one. How much longer would he have lived? Who knows... how many people live to be 90? He had insurance and savings that would pay for a transplant, but he declined. His reasoning was the following:
  • He was dead set against getting an organ that a much younger person could get, which might extend their productive life by 20 years or more
  • The likelihood of a good surgical outcome was low given his age
  • The likelihood of lowered quality of life was high given his age and the need for anti-rejection drugs which suppress the immune system
  • The chance of him living to be 100 with a transplant was incredibly low, maybe impossible; even 90 was unlikely
  • The cost of a transplant didn't make sense to him, even if it wasn't his cost to bear; he was very aware that his costs would be spread among others by way of insurance rates
He probably had other reasons, but if asked he would mention at least the above. So he chose to simply live out what time he had with his OEM parts.

That decision might not be for everyone, but we respected it as his decision. It wasn't easy to come to terms with either... it's hard to let someone go when there might be some way to give them another year or two. But he did the calculations for himself, and in his case he felt there was only one reasonable choice.
I like your dad.

I've thought about the same thing for me ... If I were to get cancer and the only option was chemo that had, at best, a small chance of extending my life by a year or two, I'm not sure I'd take it.

It's a complex problem with no easy answers.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
Private healthcare, and people can make their own decisions. Easy.

yes, private as in, "you pay yourself for your treatment", not as in, "the insurance company pays". otherwise it is still at cost to other people, because insurance doesn't have unlimited resources either.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
@Entre Eyes Seems like a smart image move from Ma.

People rail on the American healthcare system all day long, then ignore which country contributes the most to medical advancements(by a huge margin at that).

You are right but it just got me thinking....where are these guys?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
You are right but it just got me thinking....where are these guys?

Too busy giving away dump truck loads of money and resources to be bothered with writing a press release, probably.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
yes, private as in, "you pay yourself for your treatment", not as in, "the insurance company pays". otherwise it is still at cost to other people, because insurance doesn't have unlimited resources either.

Private as in, the government has nothing to do with healthcare.

Ludachris

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 17, 2017
Norcal
I mentioned this in my own thread, but, "never let a crisis go to waste."

This is a very good opportunity. There are going to be a few people who do a lot of good and make a lot of money in the next few months. Why shouldn't it be you?

You could probably start your own religion now if you felt like it. Lots of possibilities.

I'll keep banging this drum in every coronavirus thread that pops up - problems are opportunities; big problems are big opportunities.
What's also unsettling is that a crisis like this, mixed with the deep division we've seen everywhere, could also easily spur radicalization. Beyond the healthcare system strain, beyond the people who will get sick, beyond the economic crash... the idea that this epidemic can, and will be used as a recruiting opportunity for people who are looking to start a "revolution" against (insert cause or group). The time seems ripe for that.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
What's also unsettling is that a crisis like this, mixed with the deep division we've seen everywhere, could also easily spur radicalization. Beyond the healthcare system strain, beyond the people who will get sick, beyond the economic crash... the idea that this epidemic can, and will be used as a recruiting opportunity for people who are looking to start a "revolution" against (insert cause or group). The time seems ripe for that.

Depending on how bad this gets, I'd be surprised if that didn't happen.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Too busy giving away dump truck loads of money and resources to be bothered with writing a press release, probably.

Starting to hear some wonderful things! Entrepreneurs Stepping up.

While the "Leader" of this Pandemic had to be blocked by a Judge not to halt funding for emergency food program.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
This is for you Chris..

You are like a online forensic Investigator to me haha....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ubjects-parents-denied-virus-test/2876390001/

This one is just sad....a Scientist not delivering us DATA because he scared to embarrass the "leader of this pandemic". OMG. God forbid facts are considered bashing.

Is Border spreading virus or some others?

Lets live in reality. Shall we.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Practical steps to take from a doctor.
(His gig is adrenals and Hashimotos disease. Does good research reviews)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.