The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Convince me to buy / not buy a new car

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Beautiful car but that thing is going to be worth nothing before you know it. Cars in general are huge depreciating assets but German cars are easily the worst.
Yep. But I make a lot of money so I may as well spend some of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kubikdanon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 4, 2017
USA
Beautiful car but that thing is going to be worth nothing before you know it. Cars in general are huge depreciating assets but German cars are easily the worst.

Why are you making money? Isn't the whole point of making money that you can spend it the way you want? I never understood people saying this kind of stuff.

ChrisR

Diamond Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 11, 2017
Republic of Kekistan
Why are you making money? Isn't the whole point of making money that you can spend it the way you want? I never understood people saying this kind of stuff.

Because rich people don't get rich by throwing money away. They make their money work for them. The money he just spent on this could have went back into his business and potentially made him even more money. Now... if you're Bill Gates rich, then by all means, piss away a 30-40k loss on a car.

Everyone thinks differently on this subject obviously.

The only type of car I'd ever purchase would be a limited production high end super car. Generally speaking those are the rare exceptions that actually appreciate from day one and make you money.

For a daily, if I HAD to drive something new and fancy I'd lease a car. It's their car, they take care of it and I give it back to them three years later without being crazy upside down on a loan.

Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Some people like cars. Some people like boats. Some like golf, some like travel. Some people like art, and some people like watches. Some people just like stacking cash.

If you can afford it, then why not?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kubikdanon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 4, 2017
USA
Some people like cars. Some people like boats. Some like golf, some like travel. Some people like art, and some people like watches. Some people just like stacking cash.

If you can afford it, then why not?

Let's end this debate with the above :)
As long as you can actually afford things, buy whatever the F*ck makes you happy. That's what money is for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.