The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

REAL ESTATE converting appartments to condos?

thecoach

Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
I've noticed in the area I'm living in, there are a ton of appartments being 'shut down' and people gettng kicked out so they can be converted to condos. Any idea why this is a good idea? Are these just people looking to make the most they can while selling off their real estate? I've never rented or owned a condo, so I don't really know alot about condo fees compaired to rent.

I'm looking to get into real estate investing soon, but there won't be any appartments to buy soon!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
The condo-converters in my area are getting killed. They tried, now they are reverting them back to apartments. Can't speak for your area -- the idea seems a little bit "last year" to me since it coincided with the housing boom and the cheap money that came with it.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Agreed,

The ones that got the best candidates for conversion early in the process are the ones that did well. i have bought properties that may be conversion material for the future so I can sell at an inflated price.

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
Agreed,

The ones that got the best candidates for conversion early in the process are the ones that did well. i have bought properties that may be conversion material for the future so I can sell at an inflated price.
What qualifies a property as good conversion material?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
That is fairly subjective but:

Good location
Large units
Newer is better but not a must
Land values high

The criteria changes as desirability changes.

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
Do you need space for each one to have a yard? More than one parking space? ...I would assume that you would need for them to be individually metered. Interesting thoughts. :)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Most apartments have parking ratios that were defined and required by the cities.

Patios are obviously a plus but not a requirement.

I do know a well located condo complex that is master metered but, individual is a plus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom