The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Constant Failures and First earning from Internet.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

noobDev

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 19, 2016
Hey there.

Hope you guys are having a blast. As you might know, I am an aspiring appreneure. So, for the last couple of months, I have been trying to get into the mobile app boom.

But I have been failing everytime. I mainly make games. I have published 3 games in the google playstore only to get 50+ downloads in each of them. And as they were monetized only with ads, and they didn't have enough downloads, I earned a total of $0.09 in the last 6 months. [BTW, I was confused about this before I got started, so if anyone is still unaware, admob only pays for clicks in the ads, not for impressions.]

But I see games everyday that are published 2/3 days ago but has thousands of download. I am sure they are doing something that I don't know about. I know about ASO, selecting a title, good descriptions and appealing screenshots,icon etc. But I am pretty sure they are not everything that's on play. I know buying some downloads to boost your rank is a well used option, but that cannot bring you 100 thousand downloads, or can it? Some say I can run a paid promotional campaign for a week or so to make my games go viral, but I am skeptical.

I am planning to go deep into the world of ASO and learn exactly what should I do to get that many downloads. If any of you guys have experience in getting lots of downloads, will you please give me some knowledge about it?

On a positive side, I have been doing some writing jobs in Upwork, and earned my first dollar from the Internet. Infact for the past 2 months I have been earning some decent amount of money for a student in context of my country. Although this might not be a very big deal, and I might be still trading my time for money, but was is a very exciting first step for me.

That's all for now. Looking forward to get some advice or direction from people who are experienced in mobile game industry, I badly need that. Hope you guys have a great day ahead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

noobDev

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 19, 2016
What marketing have you done for your app?
Hey man. No marketing done other than sharing in my social media account. I am clueless when it comes to app marketing. Although I have studied about ASO and tried to optimize them as much as I can.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Ok, that's an honest answer so now you know what you have to do you can start searching for ideas and methods suggested or used by others. Spend a day (or a week or however long it takes) to re-search how to market an app and you might be able to get some traffic. You have to market or (as you discovered) no one will know your app even exists.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Here's some searches I just did that seem to be full of great ideas. Many of which I wouldn't have thought of but now I know it took only a few seconds... Imagine how much more informed you'll be if you take a serious approach and spend 10 hours (which is nothing) searching and making notes and taking action. Here's a tip, do at least one thing suggested in every article until you've done 100 things to market your app. Do just 10 things over the next 10 days. That's not much to ask (think about the effort that big companies do to promote and market their apps) and I bet you'll have way more than 50 downloads and you'll have a bunch of feedback as well.

25 Creative Ways to Promote Your App For Free
A Beginner's Guide to Starting and Marketing an App

https://www.apptamin.com/blog/app-marketing-strategy/

https://buildfire.com/free-app-promotion/

Five Killer Marketing And Distribution Strategies For Your App

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/how-to-market-your-mobile-app/

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/11-mobile-app-pitfalls/

8 Ways to Promote Your App

10 New App Marketing Strategies - Apptentive

Infographic: How to Promote an App? Guide to Mobile App Marketing

Top 10 Free Websites to Promote Your Mobile App | MobiLoud

65 Simple Ways To Promote Your Mobile App

How To Promote Your Android App /Game - 10 Awesome Tips

10 Free Ways to Market Your App!

Here Are 18 Ways To Promote Your App For Free | Androidheadlines.com

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Sensor tower is great too, you can see the search volume and app downloads, not sure how accurate it is but if I knew about it before I paid 2k to have an app developed that would have been nice.

noobDev

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 19, 2016
Hey man. I have spent the last few hours researching ways to market my games and have made a list of action steps for the next 30 days. I will let the forum know about the results after a month or so. Thanks for the help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.