The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coming to you from Philadelphia, PA...

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
Hello Everyone!

My name is Dave and I have lived in the Philadelphia, PA area my entire life. I'm 25 (26 on Nov. 23) and graduated from college in 2006 with a degree in accounting. I have worked primarily in accounting and auditing since then. To be honest, it didn't take me long to realize accounting and auditing were not for me. Furthermore, I hated the idea of slaving for money for 30+ years. It's just, like many 17 or 18 year olds, I had no clue what I wanted to do in life.

Up until the year 2007, my mentality was all slow lane. I have to thank my significant other and the woman I am currently engaged to with introducing me to my current mindset. We read a copy of Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad, Poor Dad together -- and I have been hooked ever since. It really challenged my way of looking at the world. And since I had the accounting background, it went against many of those preconceived notions as well.

For the past few years, my interest has grown in finance, economics, real estate, and politics -- and especially financial freedom. I've read any article or book I could get my hands on (including books like Think & Grow Rich and Four-Hour Work Week)...with my focus being on real estate (mainly a lot of RK stuff). The goal is to accumulate money for downpayments on several residential properties in the next few years. We haven't really made any more plans outside of that.

I also have an idea for a website that I am currently working on. I hope to have it up and running by the end of the year. I would be interested in sharing it with the forum down the road, if that's ok.

I have been browsing the Fastlane for the past couple of months -- reading the various stories and articles. I feel like there is a tremendous wealth of knowledge here that simply is not found in any book (except maybe the one MJ has coming out in a week...). It's been really great learning from everybody. That is really what prompted me to finally join. I hope to be able to contribute in any way that I can and continue to learn from everyone here.

Thanks & Take care,

Dave

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bizzyricky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 1, 2009
Hello Dave... nice to meet you,

My name is Rick I am also from the philadelphia area, Go Phils
But you are right this is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge to gain... which I'm still obsorbing.

Welcome to the Forum!! Lets get on the fastlane

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Dave and thanks for posting!

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
Rick,

Nice to meet you as well. Yeah, I'm a huge Phils fan -- unfortunately, they couldn't get it done.

There really is so much to learn on here. I find something new every day -- stuff from 2007, 2008. It's fantastic.

I appreciate the welcome. I'm looking to get out of the slow lane ASAP!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
I appreciate the welcome, MJ. I have been reading up on here and plan to get your book. Your story truly is inspiring. I have always wanted a red Lambourghini Diablo myself...haha.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Hey Dave,

Welcome! I too have a degree in accounting (because I didn't know what else to do). The good news is, it will come in very handy when you are managing your own businesses. :)

RDPD helped to redirect my path and, not long after having read it myself, I convinced my boyfriend (now husband) to check it out as well. It's been an amazing ride ever since!

If you have local questions, feel free to let us know.

EAGLES!!! (Phils & Flyers)!!

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
PhlGirl,

Yeah, I haven't completely given up on acctg and audit. I'm still working my slow lane job in it right now.

RDPD was the start of it all for me. I can't thank my fiance enough for it. I'm sure your husband feels the same way.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I will be sure to let you know if I do.

Def. -- let's go Phils, Birds and Flyers!

Thanks,

Dave

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.