The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New member from Philadelphia.

ctcrompton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 13, 2014
Just wanted to say hello. I read a post on Reddit that suggested TMF as a great book. I read it, found this forum and registered. I normally would lurk for a while but I'd like to come clean about myself. I doubt myself to a certain extent. I'd love some feedback/advice so that I can work through this.

I feel strongly that I can achieve millionaire status, and that I can work to accomplish the goal. I'm great with finances and decent in a few key areas (SEO, adwords, etc.). Basically, I'm not an idiot.

However, every idea I come up with, I begin to execute because I get excited that this could be something that will bring wealth. I think through the possibilities and come to the conclusion that it probably can bring success. I begin the process (not event) and throw myself into it.

The problem comes up right after I start though. I begin to doubt whether it's actually a great idea or not. I think "What if this doesn't get me the wealth or what if someone else does it better? What if I fail?" Then I worry it might be a waste of the next however many years it takes and I'm afraid that I should have been focusing on something else during that time. So I end up never acting fully on the idea, and thus the cycle starts over again.

Anybody experience this? How do you get through that feeling?

To illustrate, I've got an idea I feel strongly about right now. I work in the moving industry and have access to a bunch of moving companies and their contact information. It occurred to me that I could slowly work on SEO and develop a moving company site and then sell the leads to these companies. Over time I can see it becoming my process that brings me to the Millionaire Fastlane status. But then I think, what if someone else does this? Or what about the other websites doing this? I read about MJ's example of a limo website that sold leads and I think to myself, "maybe this isn't a smart idea because I'm doing this almost 15 years after he did."

Does anybody relate? Has anyone gotten past this successfully?

Didn't mean to make my first post this long. Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ctcrompton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks MJ!

I related completely to that video. Really finding this forum useful so far.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...