D
Deleted49964
Guest
I was thinking of emails the other day.
From my experience, I'm convinced that the most effective cold emails use, specifically, 2 major concepts.
The 1st one, I call it the "But you are free" tactic.
What we do here is: we include a small phrase at the end of your message, mentioning something like the following...
- "If you'd rather not do [action], I understand. Thank you for your time."
This works because If we give somebody an escape, it'll double the probability that they'll say YES.
"This practical persuasion tactic is supported by 42 psychological studies on over 22,000 people." (according to a blog post I read passing by on yesware.com).
The 2nd concept is the "Because" method.
The idea here is to always justify our point of view with a direct positive aspect that the other person may have. Per example...
- "I think we can build a great new website that will generate more sales BECAUSE you have a solid portfolio that could be displayed on the internet."
This justification has to be a real positive thing that the other person agrees on. It's a major key on winning any "argument", because most people become much more convinced through emotion (so you want to be on their side all the time)
For me these techniques have made the difference between getting 1~2 responses out of 100 sent emails and 5~10 responses out of 100 sent emails.
The most awesome thing is that we can apply this not only to cold emails!
What's your experience with these concepts? Have you ever tried them? What results did you get?
Hope you're going well in your journey,
Thanks for reading everyone
André G.
From my experience, I'm convinced that the most effective cold emails use, specifically, 2 major concepts.
The 1st one, I call it the "But you are free" tactic.
What we do here is: we include a small phrase at the end of your message, mentioning something like the following...
- "If you'd rather not do [action], I understand. Thank you for your time."
This works because If we give somebody an escape, it'll double the probability that they'll say YES.
"This practical persuasion tactic is supported by 42 psychological studies on over 22,000 people." (according to a blog post I read passing by on yesware.com).
The 2nd concept is the "Because" method.
The idea here is to always justify our point of view with a direct positive aspect that the other person may have. Per example...
- "I think we can build a great new website that will generate more sales BECAUSE you have a solid portfolio that could be displayed on the internet."
This justification has to be a real positive thing that the other person agrees on. It's a major key on winning any "argument", because most people become much more convinced through emotion (so you want to be on their side all the time)
For me these techniques have made the difference between getting 1~2 responses out of 100 sent emails and 5~10 responses out of 100 sent emails.
The most awesome thing is that we can apply this not only to cold emails!
What's your experience with these concepts? Have you ever tried them? What results did you get?
Hope you're going well in your journey,
Thanks for reading everyone
André G.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
