The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold Emailing Restaurants

mario0807

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 30, 2017
Austria
Hi,

I have a marketing agency but it is not big so far.( below 2k per month)

We target local businesses and sell mainly fb ads.

Has anyone experience with cold emailing restaurants?

Because I believe that most big companies should be cold emailed and smaller ones should be cold called.

I also read some guide on cold emailing and I found out that following up is really important with 5-6-7 sequences over a couple of weeks.

Then the next thing pops in my mind what software to use? G suite with yesware? Should I send them out manually or should I make a campaign?

As you can read I am confused.

Mostly emails are also bullshit as I believe from restaurants because almost all of them start with info@ or contact@ and in the guide, they said only contact personal business emails but it seems like they don't exist for the restaurant's niche especially smaller restaurant which I target.

Also what strategy to use? Should I go direct e.g. like Jeb blount in fanatical prospecting, where he only sends 1 email which a problem the client has and ask for a call or should I do like 5-7 follow-ups?

But I thought I will use this strategy that I tell them I am a young entrepreneur and I like their work etc. and if I can have a quick chat with the owner like 10 mins. And then on the sales calls, I just transition.

Thank you guys for reading!

Any help/guide/tips are more than appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Restaurants are still very much run in an antiquated fashion - door to door, face to face, with limited tech integration for the most part.

This is a bit generalized of course, but holds true for a lot of the smaller, independent places. The ones under a larger hospitality group are another animal in itself. In that case, make sure you narrow down the proper point of contact, and recognize they get tons of boring solicitations every day.

Offer something new, something fresh and most importantly don't come off too stiff like you're tossing out a generic template.

mario0807

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 30, 2017
Austria
Restaurants are still very much run in an antiquated fashion - door to door, face to face, with limited tech integration for the most part.

This is a bit generalized of course, but holds true for a lot of the smaller, independent places. The ones under a larger hospitality group are another animal in itself. In that case, make sure you narrow down the proper point of contact, and recognize they get tons of boring solicitations every day.

Offer something new, something fresh and most importantly don't come off too stiff like you're tossing out a generic template.

Thank you very much!

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Hi,

I have a marketing agency but it is not big so far.( below 2k per month)

We target local businesses and sell mainly fb ads.

Has anyone experience with cold emailing restaurants?

Because I believe that most big companies should be cold emailed and smaller ones should be cold called.

I also read some guide on cold emailing and I found out that following up is really important with 5-6-7 sequences over a couple of weeks.

Then the next thing pops in my mind what software to use? G suite with yesware? Should I send them out manually or should I make a campaign?

As you can read I am confused.

Mostly emails are also bullshit as I believe from restaurants because almost all of them start with info@ or contact@ and in the guide, they said only contact personal business emails but it seems like they don't exist for the restaurant's niche especially smaller restaurant which I target.

Also what strategy to use? Should I go direct e.g. like Jeb blount in fanatical prospecting, where he only sends 1 email which a problem the client has and ask for a call or should I do like 5-7 follow-ups?

But I thought I will use this strategy that I tell them I am a young entrepreneur and I like their work etc. and if I can have a quick chat with the owner like 10 mins. And then on the sales calls, I just transition.

Thank you guys for reading!

Any help/guide/tips are more than appreciated

I would test the waters before throwing new restaurants into a cold campaign.

The first email can ask them a question or try to make a reservation. Figure out:
A) Do they check their emails?
B) When do they check their emails?
C) Who is checking the emails? Manager? Chef? Hostess?

Bases on that you can be more educated on your next step.

Blasting them messages about Facebook ads is going to get you straight into the spam box.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Mario,

I really like your idea about approaching big companies (cold emails) / Smaller businesses (cold calls).

Not sure if I have advice atm, I think all you need to do is just take more action. In the begining its about hustling and getting more sales/customers!

mario0807

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 30, 2017
Austria
I would test the waters before throwing new restaurants into a cold campaign.

The first email can ask them a question or try to make a reservation. Figure out:
A) Do they check their emails?
B) When do they check their emails?
C) Who is checking the emails? Manager? Chef? Hostess?

Bases on that you can be more educated on your next step.

Blasting them messages about Facebook ads is going to get you straight into the spam box.

Thank you for you answer!

Very smart!

I don't even mention anything about fb ads or anything on the first email. I'll just sent 200 email and see what results i get and then improve. So far I sent 80 emails.

mario0807

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 30, 2017
Austria
Hey Mario,

I really like your idea about approaching big companies (cold emails) / Smaller businesses (cold calls).

Not sure if I have advice atm, I think all you need to do is just take more action. In the beginning its about hustling and getting more sales/customers!

100% agree.

I noticed that I tend to be a perfectionist and do unnecessary things instead of just pick up the phone and dial or sent that email.

e.g. today I cold-called restaurants for 2h.

Here is the data:
Hours Cold Calling: 2h
Dails: 120
Calls: 47
DM Reached: 10
DM Reach Rate(10%-15%): 21%
Appointments: 2
Appointment Rate(>25%): 20%

Based on the data I see I can say that I have to do 25 calls to get 1 appointment but almost over 50% of my dials do not end up on a call (nobody picks up the phone). It would be really awesome I have somehow figure out how to get a list where its almost guarantee that someone picks up the phone because then e.g. I do 100 díals in 2h which means 100 calls and I get 4 appointments book which is F*cking awesome. Lets see if I find a solution

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.