Hi all, after some encouragement from new friends on the forum, I want to dive in and try out one of my ideas. I don;t have coding experience so I want to to outsource the job on Upwork. My question is, if I freelance the development of my product, how do I ensure that *I* own the product (the code) at the end of it (and all associated IP). In MJ's words, I need to ensure I'm the driver, not the hitch hiker, I need control of the asset. It would be a real nightmare to become successful only to get sued by the guy you hired to code your idea? I thought this would be a common question but a search of the forum didn't yield any similar threads. How do you guys deal with this? Advice much appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
