The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

City-Wide Where Would You Start?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Working on building capital through eBay by flipping items from CL, eBay, thrift stores, and garage sales.
I'm attending a huge city-wide garage sale this weekend and have no doubt I'll return with gold in the form of cheap used stuff.

The question is where to start?

Should I start in the upper-middleclass neighborhoods or the lower income areas?

My thought process goes like this:

- Upper Middleclass = More expensive goods and maybe more total items, but may be priced higher because people like to sell things without taking a loss.

- Lower Income = Less total items and maybe not as high quality, but also cheaper prices since they may be trying to quickly offload to pay for bills, debts etc.

I want to start in the area with the most potential to avoid wasting time and missing out on good deals!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Should I start in the upper-middleclass neighborhoods or the lower income areas?

Go to the nicer neighborhoods. Focus on higher quality items and talk them down on price. They aren't having a garage sale to make money, but more likely looking to free up space and clean out older items.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I see!

Thanks for the suggestion. That actually makes perfect sense!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.