The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you start a business before you have the necessary money to have everything you need

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Nuno da Silva

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 30, 2018
Wanted to ask if when you started your business, if you actually had the money to let's say launch your product, APP, website, business fully or if for example you thought you needed £50 to start a business but only had £20k, you nevertheless started it and then either by continuing to work or savings you build it up.
The question I guess is do you wait until you have what you think you need to fully launch your business or if you want to launch 3 products but only have money to launch one you start with one and then see what happens.
Let's say it would taker you an extra 6 months, 9 months to save to get the rest of the money you need.
Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Wanted to ask if when you started your business, if you actually had the money to let's say launch your product, APP, website, business fully or if for example you thought you needed £50 to start a business but only had £20k, you nevertheless started it and then either by continuing to work or savings you build it up.
The question I guess is do you wait until you have what you think you need to fully launch your business or if you want to launch 3 products but only have money to launch one you start with one and then see what happens.
Let's say it would taker you an extra 6 months, 9 months to save to get the rest of the money you need.
Thank you

Last edited:

Nuno da Silva

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 30, 2018
Starting a business can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to funding. It's natural to want to have all the necessary resources before launching your product or service, but sometimes that's not always possible. When I started my business, I had some savings, but it wasn't enough to fully launch the product. However, I still went ahead and launched with what I had, and I continued working to build up the business.

In my opinion, it's better to start with what you have than to wait until you have all the resources you need. It's okay to start small and gradually build up your business as you acquire more funding. It's important to have a solid plan in place and to be willing to make adjustments as needed. Starting small also allows you to test the waters and see if your product or service is viable before investing more money into it.

Of course, there are risks involved in starting a business with limited funds, but sometimes those risks are worth taking. It's important to weigh the pros and cons of each option before making a decision. If you decide to start with one product instead of three, you can always work towards launching the other products later when you have the funds.

In conclusion, while having enough funding to fully launch your business is ideal, it's not always necessary. Starting small and gradually building up your business is a viable option, especially if you're willing to work hard and make adjustments along the way. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what's best for your business and to take calculated risks as needed.

Thank you.
Thank you, appreciate the answer.
Regards

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Starting a business can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to funding. It's natural to want to have all the necessary resources before launching your product or service, but sometimes that's not always possible. When I started my business, I had some savings, but it wasn't enough to fully launch the product. However, I still went ahead and launched with what I had, and I continued working to build up the business.

In my opinion, it's better to start with what you have than to wait until you have all the resources you need. It's okay to start small and gradually build up your business as you acquire more funding. It's important to have a solid plan in place and to be willing to make adjustments as needed. Starting small also allows you to test the waters and see if your product or service is viable before investing more money into it.

Of course, there are risks involved in starting a business with limited funds, but sometimes those risks are worth taking. It's important to weigh the pros and cons of each option before making a decision. If you decide to start with one product instead of three, you can always work towards launching the other products later when you have the funds.

In conclusion, while having enough funding to fully launch your business is ideal, it's not always necessary. Starting small and gradually building up your business is a viable option, especially if you're willing to work hard and make adjustments along the way. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what's best for your business and to take calculated risks as needed.

Thank you.
Man why the hell do you just past chatgpt here.

nopalmer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2023
I've seen the word "daunting" more times in the last few months than during my entire lifetime. I think I'm becoming allergic to it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Thank you
I wouldn’t start another business that didn’t require more than I had.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Thank you.

o_O

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When I started my business, I had some savings, but it wasn't enough to fully launch the product. However, I still went ahead and launched with what I had, and I continued working to build up the business.

In my opinion, it's better to start with what you have than to wait until you have all the resources you need. It's okay to start small and gradually build up your business as you acquire more funding. It's important to have a solid plan in place and to be willing to make adjustments as needed. Starting small also allows you to test the market and see if your product or service is viable before investing more money into it.

Here you go:

This is the only warning you will receive. If you want your account deleted, let us know.

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
But you know, I kind of agree with the general direction the advice gives. Maybe it’s because I’m working away at a job to fund my marketing practice.

I just feel that it’s kind of an excuse that people have to have everything completely ready. Unless you know everything, have all the experience, have enough starting capital to fund a brand new paper mill, and have all the connections made to run the business, when are you ever ready?

And there’s something special that happens when you’re limited in resources and have to get creative.

Nuno da Silva

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 30, 2018
But you know, I kind of agree with the general direction the advice gives. Maybe it’s because I’m working away at a job to fund my marketing practice.

I just feel that it’s kind of an excuse that people have to have everything completely ready. Unless you know everything, have all the experience, have enough starting capital to fund a brand new paper mill, and have all the connections made to run the business, when are you ever ready?

And there’s something special that happens when you’re limited in resources and have to get creative.
I agree with that and following from that advice would you start something that you like, love or know about or a business you research and that you think will be successful.

For example and though they are very similar and potential can be merged would you rather start a perfume brand (more difficult to make it work certainly initially) where consumers really need to smell and like the fragrance to buy or body care skincare where fragrance is still important but more general giving a better chance to succeed.

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
I agree with that and following from that advice would you start something that you like, love or know about or a business you research and that you think will be successful.

For example and though they are very similar and potential can be merged would you rather start a perfume brand (more difficult to make it work certainly initially) where consumers really need to smell and like the fragrance to buy or body care skincare where fragrance is still important but more general giving a better chance to succeed.
Well, I’d look to do something that had potential to help people, rather than what I love, because my interests wax and wane. One day it’s circuitry, another day it’s baking.

If I do what helps people, I could grow to like and love the impact I make, like how I didn’t go into electrical work knowing I would love it, I just knew that I was making a long-lasting impact and that a properly wired house would bring joy.

Body care skincare. My poor sense of smell means that I can’t sell my products in good conscience. With body care, the results are visually noticeable.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Thank you
Choose an idea that needs less money.

$20k does have good options.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.