The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Check here to see if you have missing money/property (US only)

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
As the title says, this is for people in the US only. You can go on this site, and click on your state or any state you have been active in. That takes you to the official State Treasury site of your state.
Each treasury has a web platform where businesses report tangible or intangible property that a business has tried to deliver to you and failed (for at least 3 years).

It could be cash, physical property, money from some bank for whatever reason etc. All you need to search is your name. If your name is common, you can narrow it with a zip code.
If you find something in your name, you can provide more information on your state treasury's site. They send you an email about an hour after, with more details, like the dollar amount. Along with a form to fill out to claim it.

I found one small check a business was trying to deliver to a wrong address they had for me.

Note:
I am not affiliated with this site, it is run by the National Association of State Treasurers.

Search for your unclaimed property (it’s free) – National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This is legit. I used it to recover funds from an old commission check, and my mom used it to recover funds from an old bank account she'd forgotten about. .

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
Hey $25 - that's 25 more freedom fighters! Thanks

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
As the title says, this is for people in the US only. You can go on this site, and click on your state or any state you have been active in. That takes you to the official State Treasury site of your state.
Each treasury has a web platform where businesses report tangible or intangible property that a business has tried to deliver to you and failed (for at least 3 years).

It could be cash, physical property, money from some bank for whatever reason etc. All you need to search is your name. If your name is common, you can narrow it with a zip code.
If you find something in your name, you can provide more information on your state treasury's site. They send you an email about an hour after, with more details, like the dollar amount. Along with a form to fill out to claim it.

I found one small check a business was trying to deliver to a wrong address they had for me.

Note: I am not affiliated with this site, it is run by the National Association of State Treasurers.

Search for your unclaimed property (it’s free) – National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA)
I didn't find anything. I knew about this for years. Although, the website must have changed since the last time I looked years ago.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Thanks, I had zero idea, I have 4 claims over 3 states totaling 100, one of them being 1 penny from Pay Pal!
If you’d invest it wisely, in 59258 light years you’d be a millionaire !

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

Note: I am not affiliated with this site, it is run by the National Association of State Treasurers.

I just performed a quick check and this is what showed up for me! This would be a nice little sum to claim for free.

Badass!! I will move forward with the claim process and report back once I receive it.

Thank you so much for sharing this - incredibly insightful and fun little experiment!

1631295220097.png

1631295465685.png

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
LOL I just checked and JP Morgan Chase owes me $0.39 cashiers check. :rofl:

I only want it if its gonna be in a jumbo style lottery check format. LOL

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I just performed a quick check and this is what showed up for me! This would be a nice little sum to claim for free.

Badass!! I will move forward with the claim process and report back once I receive it.

Thank you so much for sharing this - incredibly insightful and fun little experiment!

View attachment 39845

View attachment 39846

That's nice, man. I hope the claims go through successfully.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am owed $137. But I have to submit some forms so it’s just too much trouble.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am owed $137. But I have to submit some forms so it’s just too much trouble.

Yea, the wife had some funds but couldn't find the documents to file a claim. They make it pretty hard to confirm the property when it's an address from 15 years ago.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
LOL I just checked and JP Morgan Chase owes me $0.39 cashiers check. :rofl:

I only want it if its gonna be in a jumbo style lottery check format. LOL

Now, if you and Private Witt could just pool resources. With your 39c from Chase and his shiny penny from PayPal. Just imagine the business possibilities, with all that funding.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Now, if you and Private Witt could just pool resources. With your 39c from Chase and his shiny penny from PayPal. Just imagine the business possibilities, with all that funding.

I want in for that 2.5% of this venture and once we consolidate my penny with his 39 cents we need to rope the big dog in who got 14k plus.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Just imagine the business possibilities, with all that funding.

We win a Guinness world record for highest ROI ever. Then sell the business to PayPal. :rofl:

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Yea, the wife had some funds but couldn't find the documents to file a claim. They make it pretty hard to confirm the property when it's an address from 15 years ago.

Mine had an address from years ago, which I no longer live at, but I have one expired driver's license with that address. So maybe if she can find an old ID from that time, she can probably attach it.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I mentioned in the original post that I found a small check. It was only a little under $100, so I didn't bother with it.
Anyway, I received a reminder from them about it, because I had inquired about the amount. So I decided to complete the claim.

Filled out an online form with basic personal info like name, address etc. Got a claim form to sign. Since governments are old school, the form said I had to print out, sign it by hand and scan it. I just took a picture of it after signing.

I attached my SSN card, current and old ID. I only added the old ID because it partially showed the address on the property. Submitted it on their website on Jan. 5th. It said it could take 180 days to process (in typical government fashion). However, I got an approval email on Jan. 18th saying they had mailed out a check. This is for the state of Massachusetts. Other states may vary in their timeline and requirements. Especially if it's a large check or property.

Anyway, for anyone with a claim out there, it's worth putting it in. It's a relatively simple process.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I recently posted this information on reddit (the dungeon of trolls), and it was met with "DiS iz SKAM!!" from airheads.

So I thought I'd update the link to this information here. The original post contains the portal to do the searches, but since it doesn't show a .gov link, some might have been wary. This is the .gov link with the info, and contains the link in the original post. If you want to share the info with someone, or online, use this .gov link instead. Just to avoid the "DiS iz SKAM!!" nonsense.

Logan P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 6, 2017
New England
Yupp, received a $14k check last month. Took longer than the advertised 90 days by my state, but nonetheless it arrived and was a nice treat of unforeseen and unknown couch change!

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Yupp, received a $14k check last month. Took longer than the advertised 90 days by my state, but nonetheless it arrived and was a nice treat of unforeseen and unknown couch change!

Boom! That's great, man.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.