The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

fmvpinho

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jan 8, 2022
Well when the chat AI starts training on previous output from chat AIs, we'll see how deep the rabbit hole really goes. Maybe they'll write books too, and then write the reviews of the books. When the same messages are repeated so many times that we never hear anything else, will we break out in a burst of creative rebellion, or just be trapped in the same patterns of thought forever?
Inception!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I see the big advantage of this tool is a convenience to get a lot of tasks from a single user interface.
Now, let us ask some practical questions:
-can it convince people to buy products/services;
-can it trade currency or cryptos with positive ROI?
Do you trust this tool when cost of an error is your life?

The dark side of this technology (AI) is that human will be constantly rely on AI humans quickly degrade mentally and intellectually.

From point of view of "fastlane" approach it violate commandment/criterion of control.
It give us a single option, without any choices *except accept/reject).

The better tool would be if result will be presented as a set of choices with analysis of advantages and drawbacks for each option.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I had it describe my small city and it had a couple of errors.

And yet, this is basically the first page of Google which is now trash. The answer to a simple question is now buried in 10 paragraphs of SEO filler.

Yeah, not surprised about the errors.

Also, last week, I was discussing how bad Google search is becoming, with some people. Things that were so easy to find quality answers for are now so hard. Even information you know is there, and search exact matching keywords will require that you refine/filter your results to find it.

It's even worse on YouTube's search algorithm. It will aggressively try to give you results it thinks you should want, and not what you're searching. Then after 6-8 items in the search results, they added a new "People also watched" section, with results that are sometimes completely unrelated. Total trash.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
I wish I had this when I was in high school, in all those stupid english writing classes.

"write me a 400 word for and against essay about trump"

The debate about whether Donald Trump was a good or bad president is a contentious one, and opinions on the matter are deeply divided. Some argue that Trump's policies were successful in boosting the economy and protecting American interests, while others contend that his actions were harmful and divisive.

On the one hand, Trump's supporters point to his tax cuts and deregulation as major accomplishments. These policies, they argue, helped to stimulate economic growth and create jobs. The stock market also reached record highs during Trump's tenure, providing evidence of a strong economy. Additionally, Trump's hardline stance on immigration and trade helped to protect American workers and industries.

However, critics of Trump argue that his policies disproportionately benefited the wealthy and large corporations, while leaving working-class Americans behind. They also point to the increase in national debt and the ongoing trade war with China as negative consequences of Trump's policies. Furthermore, Trump's divisive rhetoric and behavior have been heavily criticized, with many arguing that he has fueled racism and social tensions.

In addition to his policies, Trump's personal conduct has also been a source of controversy. His alleged sexual misconduct and numerous bankruptcies have raised questions about his fitness for office. Furthermore, his impeachment and subsequent acquittal have further eroded trust in the political system and undermined the rule of law.

Overall, the debate about Trump's presidency is a complex one, and there are valid arguments on both sides. While some credit Trump with boosting the economy and protecting American interests, others believe that his actions have been harmful and divisive. Ultimately, the question of whether Trump was a good or bad president is one that will continue to be debated for years to come.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This is why video will be the only thing that is trustworthy on the internet.

It will get to a point where no one will be able to trust that something on twitter or a caption was NOT written by a chatbot, therefore the humanization of apps that don’t offer video will go way down.

Video and audio will be the only way to truly express things in a humanized way.

How do you know I didn’t use the bot to write this? (I didn’t lol)

My point is, written content online especially blogs and things like that will become so commoditized and hard to believe that a human wrote it.. therefore video is the solution
Alas, video is already not trustworthy. We can generate deep fakes that are indistinguishable from real video by most people. With enough compute resources, these can be automatically generated and made indistinguishable to most experts, I would guess. They'll only get better over time.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

It will get to a point where no one will be able to trust that something on twitter or a caption was NOT written by a chatbot, therefore the humanization of apps that don’t offer video will go way down.

Video and audio will be the only way to truly express things in a humanized way.

My point is, written content online especially blogs and things like that will become so commoditized and hard to believe that a human wrote it.. therefore video is the solution

Maybe, there is a lot of AI tools being developed for video. I'm sure it's going to be harder to do that what ChatGPT is, but it will probably be able to make low effort content faster and better.

Ludachris

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 17, 2017
Norcal
Maybe the automated chat attendants for websites will become far more useful going forward with technology like this powering them.

Anyone think of that movie "Ex Machina" while reading through this thread? :)

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
@MJ DeMarco and others

This is a bit of a loaded question, but I want to get your thoughts on it.

Clearly, online service businesses are at risk to AI. (Maybe you guys disagree)

What are your thoughts on, if you’re in the online service space, to begin understanding how to create it and use it in business to solve problems? (AI)

Seems like this stuff and the AI art was rolled out so fast, and lots of agencies/service businesses could be at risk in coming years.

What’s your thoughts?

<john>

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jan 2, 2021
CT U.S.
I'm curious, how is this ChatGTP any different from the hoards of GTP3 web-apps that have flooded the likes of app-sumo over the past several years? I bought into several of them and they frequently have been disappointing for creating any content that is factual. These tools (that I have used) are also notorious for plagiarizing.

My first instinct was always to be completely blown away, but then reality settles in and after using these tools for a while you start to see how limited and mistake-prone they can be.

How would this ChatGTP compare to say, Rytr, Peppertype, Writesonic, Frase, etc. ?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@MJ DeMarco and others

What are your thoughts on, if you’re in the online service space, to begin understanding how to create it and use it in business to solve problems? (AI)

Seems like this stuff and the AI art was rolled out so fast, and lots of agencies/service businesses could be at risk in coming years.

What’s your thoughts?
1670368716570.png
dawg this is too easy

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I'm curious, how is this ChatGTP any different from the hoards of GTP3 web-apps that have flooded the likes of app-sumo over the past several years? I bought into several of them and they frequently have been disappointing for creating any content that is factual. These tools (that I have used) are also notorious for plagiarizing.

My first instinct was always to be completely blown away, but then reality settles in and after using these tools for a while you start to see how limited and mistake-prone they can be.

How would this ChatGTP compare to say, Rytr, Peppertype, Writesonic, Frase, etc. ?
1670368850292.png

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

enchifred

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 28, 2019
Sydney
@MJ DeMarco and others

What’s your thoughts?
I gleaned a lot of insight from playing around with it. Asked it a few dozen questions to test its limitations and its capabilities, and formed a few initial thesis's of my own in relation to my own niche market. Now I have a good initial understanding of how it can help me, and how it can't. (And extrapolate this to other online service businesses using critical thinking)

E.g. if you're afraid it can do something better than the market currently can, why not try it out? + You're the expert in your own field, you would know best :) Or try solving some problems with it

Sometimes the first question you type into it gives a bad answer, you can re-frame it with more specificity or less, or use different words, and it can give a better response. I find it can do some things good and some things terribly.

TJH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 28, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I previously used the OpenAI beta and GitHub Copilot, and these kinds of technologies are impressive. In five to ten years, we'll adapt to better ways of searching, where a natural, direct response is faster than clicking search engine results + reading through pages + thinking through and organizing ideas and notes.

RolliePollie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Sep 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
I'm a copywriter by trade.... I have to write at a 5th grade level.for most direct to consumer products. This thing is going to make my life a breeze in the short term, then force me to only offer my higher level skills bc it literally will eliminate 70% of the stuff I write.
Im a project manager at a marketing agency overseeing all the web projects that get pumped out. I forced all the dev's to switch over to Ai-based copy months ago. The biggest benefit? Writers block is no longer a thing. Productivity is through the roof now that they dont have to worry about what to write. My team can produce a multipage website with great WIIFM copy in a matter of hours from start to finish.

These Ai tools are amazing

RyanCook

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 20, 2022
Well when the chat AI starts training on previous output from chat AIs, we'll see how deep the rabbit hole really goes. Maybe they'll write books too, and then write the reviews of the books. When the same messages are repeated so many times that we never hear anything else, will we break out in a burst of creative rebellion, or just be trapped in the same patterns of thought forever?
This is a thing in machine learning. You make one model that generates (like ChatGPT) and another model that attempts to discern whether or not the output was machine generated or not. Then you pit them against one another. It's called a generative adversarial neural network. Super cool.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I tried signing up for this.

But can't get access to the text generator.

Can someone share a link to it?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I never believed in cryto or blockchain, but I'm a firm believer in AI.
Already, MidJourney v3 allowed me to create paintings that can rival old masters, in their own style, and more. MidJourney v4 allowed me to create insane logos.

Now we've AI chat lol. Yes, AI is The Future, and that Future is at our doorstep.
If you aren't an AI bro already, you better be.

EDIT: Sorry, can't hold my excitement. I feel like c**ming right now. This means I can do away with copywriters and save up all the $$$ for ads and other stuff.

Check this out:

Layer 1243.png

Last edited:

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
My Twitter timeline is now 50% Elon Musk's trollings or people bashing him, and 50% programmers showing how this thing is StackOverflow on steroids. Programmers are not replaceable (yet), but this tool will reduce the number of jobs by increasing our productivity.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022
My mind is officially blown! And I do not say that often. Thank you MJ for sharing this!

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hopefully the F*cks at Google start getting worried, and brings down ad costs dramatically in a last ditch attempt to be relevant, like you know, $0.03 per click which will be charged only AFTER you made a sale directly from the click. Power in the hands of the masses now.

No more of these backlinking BS, where large companies pay ($950 / high DA backlink) * 250 backlinks. No more of those Amazon product carousel given top search placements just below the search bar while everything else including #1 search results appear near the footer of the page. Time to roll up your sleeves and learn how to flip the damn burgers, Sundar Pichai!

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016

Except people are already doing deep-fakes like replacing Jack Nicholson in The Shining with Jim Carrey (voice included) and it looks as if they ACTUALLY filmed a second version with Jim Carrey.

@Rabby Looks like you already commented on that.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2021
Groundbreaking tool that you cannot even log in into properly and doesn't send forget password emails.

edit1: with groundbreaking UX and stuff, telling me that I cannot log in using the password I set up when signing up. All messed up. Cannot even log in. How do you guys log in into this champion?

edit2: managed to log in, but when I try it it says I passed my limit, but I even did not use it once. What the heck? is that how the groundbreaking tool of XXI AI century works?

Last edited:

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Groundbreaking tool that you cannot even log in into properly and doesn't send forget password emails.

edit1: with groundbreaking UX and stuff, telling me that I cannot log in using the password I set up when signing up. All messed up. Cannot even log in. How do you guys log in into this champion?

edit2: managed to log in, but when I try it it says I passed my limit, but I even did not use it once. What the heck? is that how the groundbreaking tool of XXI AI century works?

Login from the main site, not from the link in MJ's post. This tool is going to learn and improve itself and will replace copywriters entirely.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2021
Login from the main site, not from the link in MJ's post. This tool is going to learn and improve itself and will replace copywriters entirely.
I managed to log in. Thank you.

When it comes to replacing copywriters, I would say quite the contrary. The reason is, recently Google changed algorithms and started promoting organic and wrote by human text more than texts written by AI when it comes to ranking higher on Google.

I see it going this way. When they see AI becoming overpowered, they will want organic written human content, and that is what will be ranking and going viral on various social media, not the AI content.

I see various social media promoting and ranking content that was made by humans and utilizing human creativity over artificial AI. But..but.. I don't know if we will be able to distinguish at some point what is AI and what is human.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Apparently someone integrated WhatsApp with chat gpt.

I haven't tested it myself yet, so I don't know how secure it is though.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
As a copywriter, I've used (Jasper) AI for over a year. I haven't written a single piece of AI-free content in that time, with AI helping to write whitepapers, web copy, promotional copy, etc. ChatGPT looks to be taking everything one step further.

However, the writing industry has its head in the sand. Honestly, if you're not using it to write your content, why? I can't seem to log in to ChatGPT (it just takes me back to the log-in page again and again), but there's a reason why I'm building a physical business and shiting from the writing industry. There's still time, but the clock is ticking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.