The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
View attachment 46208
Looks like it scrapes and finds your answer from the internet itself.
Not exactly -- more like it "aggregates" the answer from lots of data that it was fed. ChatGPT repeatedly states when you ask it for current information that it doesn't actually have access to the internet in real time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Actually I just told it to the write the post instead...

Title: 10 Habits of Highly Successful Entrepreneurs

Are you looking to take your business to the next level? Do you want to join the ranks of the most successful entrepreneurs? In this post, we're sharing the top 10 habits of highly successful entrepreneurs that can help you achieve your goals and build a thriving business.

They set specific, measurable goals. Successful entrepreneurs know exactly what they want to achieve, and they create clear, actionable plans to get there.

They wake up early. Many successful entrepreneurs start their day before the sun rises, giving them the time and space to focus on their most important tasks and get a head start on their competition.

They prioritize their health. Successful entrepreneurs understand that their physical and mental health is crucial to their success. They make time for regular exercise, healthy eating, and self-care.

They surround themselves with positive influences. Successful entrepreneurs know that the people they spend time with can have a major impact on their success. They surround themselves with other successful, motivated individuals who support and inspire them.

They continue to learn and grow. Successful entrepreneurs never stop learning and growing. They are always looking for ways to improve their skills, knowledge, and abilities, and they are willing to invest in their own development.

They take calculated risks. Successful entrepreneurs are not afraid to take risks, but they do so carefully and strategically. They weigh the potential rewards against the potential risks, and they are prepared to accept the consequences of their decisions.

They focus on their strengths. Successful entrepreneurs know their strengths, and they focus on using them to their advantage. They delegate or outsource tasks that are not within their area of expertise, allowing them to concentrate on what they do best.

They are resilient. Successful entrepreneurs know that setbacks and challenges are inevitable in business. They are resilient and persistent, and they never give up on their goals.

They are adaptable. Successful entrepreneurs are able to adapt to changing circumstances and market conditions. They are flexible and open-minded, and they are always looking for new opportunities.

They give back. Successful entrepreneurs understand that their success is not just about themselves. They give back to their communities, their employees, and their customers, and they use their success to make a positive impact on the world.

If you want to join the ranks of the most successful entrepreneurs, start by adopting these habits. They may not guarantee success, but they will put you on the right track and give you the tools you need to thrive.

Share your own habits and experiences in the comments below, and let's continue the conversation on The Fastlane Forums.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Not exactly -- more like it "aggregates" the answer from lots of data that it was fed. ChatGPT repeatedly states when you ask it for current information that it doesn't actually have access to the internet in real time.
Yes I'm aware. I never stated that it was real-time in my past post. I just stated that it gathers its information from the internet. Which is false now haha.

It gathers, analyzes, and compiles the information to what It's trained on, so it's fed information from the controller of the AI. Maybe a repository of books, articles, websites, etc. Then when a user asks a question, it reads information from various sources to find a qualifying answer to the user's query.

1670353906739.png

1670353988790.png

Last edited:

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
could this in a way be a bad thing?

I feel like after this no one will be able to think for themselves because this thing can think for them..

And it’s only going to get more advanced

This is just another powerful tool that will elevate human thinking. Similar to the invention of spoken language, written language, electricity, computers, the internet etc. Were people smarter before these inventions or after?

It will make certain types of low-level knowledge workers redundant, but this lets them use their capacities to work in other industries. For example, people prefer human baristas over robots, for now at least.

ChatGPT could make us a lot more educated, through personal tutoring. Every child now has their own personal teacher they can ask whatever. Like googling for an answer, but more adaptive. True wisdom is asking the right question, the tool then helps provide the answer/result. Answers/facts by themselves are useless, but become useful as responses to a question.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Well when the chat AI starts training on previous output from chat AIs, we'll see how deep the rabbit hole really goes. Maybe they'll write books too, and then write the reviews of the books. When the same messages are repeated so many times that we never hear anything else, will we break out in a burst of creative rebellion, or just be trapped in the same patterns of thought forever?

GerTex

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Oct 18, 2012
Arlington, Texas
@mikecarlooch chatGPT answered this for me:

This is a complex and important question that has been the subject of much discussion and debate among experts in the field of AI. In general, there are a few key principles that can help us use AI in a way that benefits society without being used by it.

First, it's important to recognize that AI is a tool, and like any tool, it can be used for good or for harm. As such, we need to carefully consider the potential consequences of using AI and take steps to minimize the risks and maximize the benefits.

Second, we should strive to ensure that AI systems are transparent, accountable, and explainable. This means that AI systems should be designed in a way that allows us to understand how they work and why they make the decisions they do. It also means that AI systems should be subject to appropriate oversight and regulation, to ensure that they are used in a responsible and ethical manner.

Third, we should ensure that AI systems are inclusive and do not perpetuate existing biases or discrimination. This means that AI systems should be designed and trained on diverse and representative data, and that they should be tested and evaluated to ensure that they do not reinforce existing inequalities or discrimination.

Finally, we should strive to use AI in a way that complements and enhances human capabilities, rather than replacing or undermining them. AI systems should be designed to augment human intelligence and abilities, rather than replacing them. This will help us to harness the full potential of AI for the benefit of society, while also ensuring that the technology is used in a responsible and ethical manner.

Last edited:

ocricci

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 20, 2013
AI is removing the barriers to entry for digital businesses and assisting in creative work ( art, writing, programming ? ).

I will try to use AI to create digital value but my fastlane senses are telling me that the future is analog for us digital entrepreneurs

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Actually I just told it to the write the post instead...

Title: 10 Habits of Highly Successful Entrepreneurs

Are you looking to take your business to the next level? Do you want to join the ranks of the most successful entrepreneurs? In this post, we're sharing the top 10 habits of highly successful entrepreneurs that can help you achieve your goals and build a thriving business.

They set specific, measurable goals. Successful entrepreneurs know exactly what they want to achieve, and they create clear, actionable plans to get there.

They wake up early. Many successful entrepreneurs start their day before the sun rises, giving them the time and space to focus on their most important tasks and get a head start on their competition.

They prioritize their health. Successful entrepreneurs understand that their physical and mental health is crucial to their success. They make time for regular exercise, healthy eating, and self-care.

They surround themselves with positive influences. Successful entrepreneurs know that the people they spend time with can have a major impact on their success. They surround themselves with other successful, motivated individuals who support and inspire them.

They continue to learn and grow. Successful entrepreneurs never stop learning and growing. They are always looking for ways to improve their skills, knowledge, and abilities, and they are willing to invest in their own development.

They take calculated risks. Successful entrepreneurs are not afraid to take risks, but they do so carefully and strategically. They weigh the potential rewards against the potential risks, and they are prepared to accept the consequences of their decisions.

They focus on their strengths. Successful entrepreneurs know their strengths, and they focus on using them to their advantage. They delegate or outsource tasks that are not within their area of expertise, allowing them to concentrate on what they do best.

They are resilient. Successful entrepreneurs know that setbacks and challenges are inevitable in business. They are resilient and persistent, and they never give up on their goals.

They are adaptable. Successful entrepreneurs are able to adapt to changing circumstances and market conditions. They are flexible and open-minded, and they are always looking for new opportunities.

They give back. Successful entrepreneurs understand that their success is not just about themselves. They give back to their communities, their employees, and their customers, and they use their success to make a positive impact on the world.

If you want to join the ranks of the most successful entrepreneurs, start by adopting these habits. They may not guarantee success, but they will put you on the right track and give you the tools you need to thrive.

Share your own habits and experiences in the comments below, and let's continue the conversation on The Fastlane Forums.
ChatGPT starts better threads than half of us.

But seriously, we're looking at written content and digital illustrations getting really good from AI. Videos assuredly to come. I think we'll see AI-generated books soon. (Even if not best sellers, imagine your child wanting a bedtime story, and you being able to create one with him/her as the main character, doing things in line with your child's interests and real life, all instantly created by AI.)

The mission will begin to be teaching students (and adults) the right questions and prompts to use to get AI to do what you want, and also the right discernment to be able to interpret AI's output.

Paydette

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 14, 2021
amazon takes anywhere from 20-60% of the sales just from ads (not even including their FBA costs)

if you want to support a smaller brand, don't click the amazon ads that say "sponsored" - just scroll down a little to find the same product
View attachment 46189

and for big brands that you don't like but still buy from, click the sponsored ad every time

that's right - the 175 parameter AI tool that is coming for your job writes at a 7th grade level!

but its ability to write code is sick and there are a lot of cool uses for something like this

it will probably be better than Google for learning a lot of skills

View attachment 46190

somebody make a youtube comedy channel using this thing lmao
I'm a copywriter by trade.... I have to write at a 5th grade level.for most direct to consumer products. This thing is going to make my life a breeze in the short term, then force me to only offer my higher level skills bc it literally will eliminate 70% of the stuff I write.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
write an article about the top 10 best BBQ grills to purchase.

Are you looking to fire up the BBQ this summer? Whether you’re a novice griller or an experienced pitmaster, it’s important to have the right equipment to get the job done. Here’s a list of the top 10 best BBQ grills to purchase.

1. Weber Genesis II E-310 Gas Grill – This top-of-the-line gas grill features three stainless steel burners and an easy-to-use electronic ignition system. It also comes with a fold-down side shelf and plenty of room to cook large amounts of food.

2. Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill – This classic 4-burner gas grill is perfect for the budget-conscious griller. It has stainless steel burners and porcelain-coated cooking grates for easy cleanup.

3. Weber Q 1200 Portable Gas Grill – This portable gas grill is great for camping trips, tailgating, and even small patio grilling. It has a cast aluminum lid and body, as well as a large side table for extra workspace.

4. Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill – For the charcoal griller, this is the perfect option. It features a cast iron cooking grate and adjustable dampers for heat control. It also has a side shelf for extra workspace.

5. Traeger Pro Series 34 Pellet Grill – If you’re looking for a grill that’s both easy to use and full of features, then this is the perfect choice. It has a digital control board and Wi-Fi connectivity so you can monitor your cooking from anywhere.

6. Napoleon Lex 485 Built-In Grill – If you’re looking for a built-in grill that will last for years, then this is the one for you. It has four burners and a ceramic infrared burner for searing. It also has interior lighting and a side burner.

7. Broil King Baron S490 Gas Grill – This gas grill is perfect for those who want to cook up large amounts of food. It has four burners and a side burner, as well as a rotisserie kit for perfect rotisserie cooking.

8. Big Green Egg XL – For the serious griller, nothing beats the Big Green Egg. This ceramic cooker can maintain a wide range of temperatures and can even be used as a smoker.

9. Pit Boss Austin XL Pellet Grill – This pellet grill is great for those who want to cook with wood pellet fuel. It has an adjustable smoke stack and plenty of room to cook large amounts of food.

10. Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill – This pellet grill is perfect for those who want to enjoy wood-fired flavor in the great outdoors. It has dual convection fans and a patented ash cleanout system for easy cleanup.
No matter what type of griller you are, there’s a perfect grill for you. With these top 10 best BBQ grills, you’ll be sure to find the right one to make your summer grilling experiences even more special!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I can start a blog in a couple minutes and have 300 articles written in a day
View attachment 46220

the playground is basically instant I can't believe it. the normal chat thing takes a while.
Yeah, blogs and content sites are probably the first thing to go with this AI capability.

Or rather, the competition in the blog space just increased ad infinitum. They won't go away, it will just become even more commoditized.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
The internet will just become a bunch of Chatbots talking to eachother. This will kill training sets of chats, because so much of it will be AI generated. It will probably create its own dialect. I will call it Chabonics.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
The internet will just become a bunch of Chatbots talking to eachother. This will kill training sets of chats, because so much of it will be AI generated. It will probably create its own dialect. I will call it Chabonics.
This is why video will be the only thing that is trustworthy on the internet.

It will get to a point where no one will be able to trust that something on twitter or a caption was NOT written by a chatbot, therefore the humanization of apps that don’t offer video will go way down.

Video and audio will be the only way to truly express things in a humanized way.

How do you know I didn’t use the bot to write this? (I didn’t lol)

My point is, written content online especially blogs and things like that will become so commoditized and hard to believe that a human wrote it.. therefore video is the solution

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Its been trained to mimic human speech while using logic. While it *can* do things like write copy, I found that it writes the same generic shitty copy that makes up the bulk of advertising. It does structure a sales letter properly though. It's not a great story teller, either.

What it excels at is getting information quickly. Its like asking Google a question

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but often contained factual errors.

I had it describe my small city and it had a couple of errors.

Stuff like generic 500-word articles someone might order on fiverr.

And yet, this is basically the first page of Google which is now trash. The answer to a simple question is now buried in 10 paragraphs of SEO filler.

enchifred

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 28, 2019
Sydney
I can start a blog in a couple minutes and have 300 articles written in a day
View attachment 46220

the playground is basically instant I can't believe it. the normal chat thing takes a while.
OTOH there wouldn't be demand for the blog because people can ask ChatGPT direct.

After running a few dozen enquiries into the AI I've formed my initial thesis on how this will impact us (hope we can all add to this discussion). If I just type vague questions, it returns platitudes (still great though). It requires some inside-knowledge to ask educated questions to get more specialised answers.

1. Shallow informational websites/blogs will become obsolete. (just ask AI for vague questions; why rely on a stranger's opinion on the internet instead?)

2. The internet will become more specialised. You would still google search a question if ChatGPT gave you a platitude. The only blogs that remain are ones that required skilled knowledge to start, even if ChatGPT wrote it for you.

For e.g.
Bad website in the future: How to write good copy to sell X product (too vague)
Good website in the future: How to write copy that invokes interest to sell X product
Better website in the future (multi-page):
  • How to write copy that shows health benefits to invoke interest to sell X product.
  • How to write copy that shows monetary benefits to invoke interest to sell X product.
  • Etc...
Gone are the days of vague, entry-level information. More demand for specialised information.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.