The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Challenge: One Month To Make £5000 Or You Lose Everything - What Would You Do?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Here's the challenge;

You live in London, England, you have 30 days to make £5000 (circa $7500). You don't own very much, certainly not five grand's worth of stuff. You have no recent work history. You essentially just have your mind and the internet.

Go!

EDIT: I didn't quite state the challenge properly, (title amended) £5k has to be saved, as there are about £1k living expenses in the same period. Oh and if you don't make it, you literally lose everything.

This is the proverbial gun-to-the-head scenario.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

journeyfoxx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 31, 2019
Taipei, Taiwan
First step is get offline! I would start with surrounding myself with the right people: business owners and entrepreneurs, at a bar/event/conference/trade show, or wherever successful people hang out. It's all in the small talk. Business owners are busy and constantly need help with hundreds of tasks like copywriting, social ads, virtual assistance, or picking up the kids at school. If you can communicate that you can reduce some of their workload through any kind of help or service you can provide--to enough people, you're well on your way to 5K in 30 days.

Here's a step-by-step breakdown:

1. Think about where business owners might hang out ie: conference, networking event, or nice hotel bar.
2. Look sharp, put on your suit jacket, and head out to those places.
3. Be the over-friendly (but not annoying) stranger with a big smile who just seems curious to meet everyone in the room.
4. Introduce yourself as someone who is looking to help out because you want to be an entrepreneur. Honest goes a long way and people will see your sincerity in your eyes.
5. Try to exchange business cards and follow up with as many people as possible, preferable through voice calls, or voice messages. This will be more memorable than an email.
6. If there's no immediate interest, ask if they know anyone who might need help with copywriting, social media marketing, or any other task most businesses need but can't be bothered to do themselves.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Nice first entry, thanks. Just a couple of questions.

1. Think about where business owners might hang out ie: conference, networking event, or nice hotel bar.

Apart from dear old Google, is there any other resource you would use to find these events?

5. Try to exchange business cards and follow up with as many people as possible, preferable through voice calls, or voice messages. This will be more memorable than an email.

Okay, free biz cards can be ordered, probably takes about 7 days. Seeing as you're going to position yourself as a copywriter/social media manager/Jack of all trades; what would you write on those cards?

journeyfoxx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 31, 2019
Taipei, Taiwan
Nice first entry, thanks. Just a couple of questions.

Apart from dear old Google, is there any other resource you would use to find these events?

Okay, free biz cards can be ordered, probably takes about 7 days. Seeing as you're going to position yourself as a copywriter/social media manager/Jack of all trades; what would you write on those cards?

1. Facebook events and Google search should do the trick.
2. I would use something generic but sexy like Growth Hacker, or Marketing Expert.

Conscripted

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
I'm a numbers guy. 5k is around 167 per day for 30 days.
If I truly had nothing to start with I'd probably pan handle the first day to get enough money for supplies. After hustle up some work.
I'd try manual labor piecemeal. Cleaning car windows, houses whatever was required to reach 167 each day.

30 days is long enough to excitement with a couple of different kinds of work. The 167 average is the important thing.

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
If I didn't know better I'd think you owed a very dodgy person £5k and had 30 days to pay back! :rofl:

If the £5k was just a one off I'd spend 30 days doing matched betting under the names of my immediate family members. Slightly immoral and gambling on behalf of other people isn't legal but if it was a case of do or die I wouldn't care and they'd never be able to prove it. That being said you'd probably need about £1k to run 3 or 4 accounts at once so I'd do the following:

- buy a stack of blank A4 paper and either print or hand write leaflets for car washing, cleaning, lawn mowing whatever and spend a day posting them in areas with larger/more expensive houses
- switch bank account(s) for cash reward, there is usually a number of banks at any given time offering £100- £150 to switch
- exploit offers on cashback sites
- do as many PTC as possible

If I had a suitable car in this scenario I'd also go to all the local minicab offices asking if they had any immediate starting opportunities. It would take far too long to sort out an Uber license.

As a side thought I've always wondered whether going to somewhere like Mayfair/Kensington and posting letters in the residential roads asking for opportunities would be a good or bad idea. To live in these areas you have to have serious money and I'm sure there are people there who would pay good money for basic services.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
If the £5k was just a one off I'd spend 30 days doing matched betting under the names of my immediate family members

That sounds like a way to lose £5k, not make it!

buy a stack of blank A4 paper and either print or hand write leaflets for car washing, cleaning, lawn mowing whatever and spend a day posting them in areas with larger/more expensive houses

Good idea.

- switch bank account(s) for cash reward, there is usually a number of banks at any given time offering £100- £150 to switch

Ha, yeah, I'll phone up my bank and tell them I'm taking my overdraft somewhere else :rofl:

do as many PTC as possible

What's PTC?

If I had a suitable car in this scenario I'd also go to all the local minicab offices asking if they had any immediate starting opportunities. It would take far too long to sort out an Uber license.

No car.
As a side thought I've always wondered whether going to somewhere like Mayfair/Kensington and posting letters in the residential roads asking for opportunities would be a good or bad idea. To live in these areas you have to have serious money and I'm sure there are people there who would pay good money for basic services.

Yeah I've tried that a long time ago when I was a fitness trainer. The problem with the two areas that you mention, is that the properties are almost exclusively owned by billionaires who hardly ever stay there.

I could take you down a dozen streets in Kensington, whereby every other house is a building site. This is because a billionaire buys a property there for twenty million or something, then they say hmm, nice but I'll decorate how I like it.

They then stay there for a fortnight over the next couple of years, then sell it. New billionaire moves in and says, hmm, like what you've done with the place, but I'll decorate how I like it, and so it continues.

Of course there are still areas that are affluent but not mega ridiculous...

At the end of the day, people are people whether they're rich or poor, you're either the sort of person to respond to a flier on your windscreen, or you're not.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Prostitute myself to 5 fat ladies for $1,000

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Armed robbery, but since this is an entrepreneur forum I'll go with selling products on a mass scale.

MJ posted a similiar thread I think a million years ago....

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Obviously this depends on the person, their skillset, their available time, and any unique limitations that they have.

If it were me, and I needed to make an emergency $5k in 30 days, I would reach out to the people in my network who have any sort of digital marketing role or own a small business. I majored in communications, so I'm still connected on LinkedIn and Facebook to a bunch of people I went to college with who are working in industries relevant to my skillset. I would reach out to them and say, "Hey, I just wanted to reach out and let you know that some time has opened up in my calendar to take on some extra freelance work. I do XYZ. Just wanted to see if you might have any work, or know of someone else who might."

I have never tapped this particular set of contacts with a request like this. Just holding it in reserve in case the eventual day comes when I do. Because I think it could generate a lot of work.

If i was giving advice to someone who wasn't a copywriter, I'd recommend painting houses, as it is a skill set that doesn't require extreme strength, much equipment, or much training, but can earn you good money.

4. Introduce yourself as someone who is looking to help out because you want to be an entrepreneur. Honest goes a long way and people will see your sincerity in your eyes.
I'd add to this. Introduce yourself, but keep the focus on them. Ask them what they do. If it seems like you're making a good connection, see if they would be willing to meet for coffee. "I'd like to hear more about this. There may be people in my network that I could refer you to." Start meeting people this way, making genuine connections outside of the networking venue. Invest in "Diesel and coffee," as Andy Black would say.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
No car?
Map the restaurants closest to my place of living or within a short bus route. Go get a job as a waitress at any busy little breakfast diner available. While working there memorize the menu of the two best “average” dinner restaurants in my area. I want bigger tips but not an extensive week long training. . First week is up, use the money for a better outfit, go apply to the nice restaurants. Tell them I can’t work on Mon, Tues or Wednesday’s because those are for my other job. End of the second week I’ve been hired at the second restaurant and I’ve made about £600 profit from the first two weeks at the diner. Go get a decent suit, extremely nice shoes, my hair done, my nails done and a trim purse. I now have £100 left.

pray to God to open the doors of the best place for me...

On Monday of the third week I go to every decent used car dealership I can get to.

But I can only work on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday’s right now and the mornings of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

By the end of Monday on the third week I now have an interview for the dealership, a job at the nice restaurant where I’ll start this week and the little diner is netting me about £50 a morning. This week I’ll make £300 from the diner in the mornings, £400 from the restaurant.

Start of the 4th Week. I begin work at the dealership. I find out that the commission is shit, the guys think I can’t sell, the place is run poorly BUT there’s a sweeeeeeeeet little BMW for sale on the lot.

So, I make a bet with every single guy working there that I can sell that sweet little car my very first week. I’ll even bet them! If I don’t sell it I’ll give them my commission from my first sale, whenever that is. About £400.... but if I do? All ten of them pay me THEIR £400.

of course they agree laughing their asses off because I’m a little innocent girl who knows nothing about sales.

By Wednesday morning the idea has spread to the rest of the guys working AND the owner of the dealership who has now set up a betting pool to make money on me not selling, which is ironic cuz he hired me to sell. I play the odds and bet on myself. I’m a 20 to 1 shot right now. If I sell the sexy lil BMW I stand to make £8k

I go home, fast, pray, praise God for His blessings.

I sell the car Thursday morning. I get all the money.

I go to work Thursday night and a very nice single man drinking a martini notices how ridiculously happy I am because I’m a badass. He wants to take me out. I decline. I tell him I think his pinky ring is cute. He says “You want it?” I say “hell no. I buy my own stuff baby. Have a good night though!”

He tips me £400.

Everybody at the dealership hates me Friday morning. I sell another car making my normal commission of £400.

Im WAYYYYYY over what I needed right? So Saturday afternoon I stop at Starbucks, the jewelry store, and church. I give or spend every cent I have over the £5,000 I needed. I go home brilliantly happy with a new diamond pinky ring and a caramel latte.

It’s been a good month. I didn’t die.

The End.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
No car?
Map the restaurants closest to my place of living or within a short bus route. Go get a job as a waitress at any busy little breakfast diner available. While working there memorize the menu of the two best “average” dinner restaurants in my area. I want bigger tips but not an extensive week long training. . First week is up, use the money for a better outfit, go apply to the nice restaurants. Tell them I can’t work on Mon, Tues or Wednesday’s because those are for my other job. End of the second week I’ve been hired at the second restaurant and I’ve made about £600 profit from the first two weeks at the diner. Go get a decent suit, extremely nice shoes, my hair done, my nails done and a trim purse. I now have £100 left.

pray to God to open the doors of the best place for me...

On Monday of the third week I go to every decent used car dealership I can get to.

But I can only work on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday’s right now and the mornings of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

By the end of Monday on the third week I now have an interview for the dealership, a job at the nice restaurant where I’ll start this week and the little diner is netting me about £50 a morning. This week I’ll make £300 from the diner in the mornings, £400 from the restaurant.

Start of the 4th Week. I begin work at the dealership. I find out that the commission is shit, the guys think I can’t sell, the place is run poorly BUT there’s a sweeeeeeeeet little BMW for sale on the lot.

So, I make a bet with every single guy working there that I can sell that sweet little car my very first week. I’ll even bet them! If I don’t sell it I’ll give them my commission from my first sale, whenever that is. About £400.... but if I do? All ten of them pay me THEIR £400.

of course they agree laughing their asses off because I’m a little innocent girl who knows nothing about sales.

By Wednesday morning the idea has spread to the rest of the guys working AND the owner of the dealership who has now set up a betting pool to make money on me not selling, which is ironic cuz he hired me to sell. I play the odds and bet on myself. I’m a 20 to 1 shot right now. If I sell the sexy lil BMW I stand to make £8k

I go home, fast, pray, praise God for His blessings.

I sell the car Thursday morning. I get all the money.

I go to work Thursday night and a very nice single man drinking a martini notices how ridiculously happy I am because I’m a badass. He wants to take me out. I decline. I tell him I think his pinky ring is cute. He says “You want it?” I say “hell no. I buy my own stuff baby. Have a good night though!”

He tips me £400.

Everybody at the dealership hates me Friday morning. I sell another car making my normal commission of £400.

Im WAYYYYYY over what I needed right? So Saturday afternoon I stop at Starbucks, the jewelry store, and church. I give or spend every cent I have over the £5,000 I needed. I go home brilliantly happy with a new diamond pinky ring and a caramel latte.

It’s been a good month. I didn’t die.

The End.

And then everyone clapped

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Prostitute myself to 5 fat ladies for $1,000

Lolz, the myth of the desperate rich fat lady.... Sorry to bust your bubble, but women don't have to pay for sex, regardless of what they look like.

#landfill

Pray tell why? This is a situation that many people find themselves in, people's answers could prove valuable.

Quite easy in London. Even the beggars earn £5k plus a month. Tax free cash in hand too!

I hate stories like this, because they generate subtle animosity towards the lowest rung of society. The story is written with the angle of; how dare these people con us? When in fact these poor sods are screwed, they have NOWHERE TO LIVE.

Why the hell should we be angry that some of them make £60 per day? Have we got so f*cked up as a society that we want people to suffer?

I am totally broke at the moment, but I've got more than a homeless person. In fact the next one I see today, I'm going to give him or her £5.

PS - I know that story was based around a "fake beggar", but in my mind somebody who falls back to begging as a way of making money, is not in the best of life situations. So I'm not going to be angry at them, and neither should you or anyone else.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Do you even have a plan how to earn money or do you even work on your business idea?

You haven't even worked hard to gather the resources but you want to live in a castle.

Sounds like pure Money- Chasing.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
It's a matter of life or death ? I'd sell most of my belongings. You don't need that PC if you have your cellphone. Sell that TV.

What manual skills do I have ? What knowledge can I leverage to make money ? Can I help the neighbors with their lawn ? Or fixing their dishwasher ? Or their PC ? I could charge $40-60/hr to fix PCs.

Do you even have a plan how to earn money or do you even work on your business idea?

You haven't even worked hard to gather the resources but you want to live in a castle.

Sounds like pure Money- Chasing.
You might want to take a look at Roli's post history before judging him over one single thread he made.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
You might want to take a look at Roli's post history before judging him over one single thread he made.

I judge nobody. Would be great If he could make a link to his execution thread in this context public.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Offer X years as a saving on my services, one off offer. Eg 5 years of guitar lessons for £5k.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
Here's the challenge;

You live in London, England, you have 30 days to make £5000 (circa $7500). You don't own very much, certainly not five grand's worth of stuff. You have no recent work history. You essentially just have your mind and the internet.

Go!

EDIT: I didn't quite state the challenge properly, (title amended) £5k has to be saved, as there are about £1k living expenses in the same period. Oh and if you don't make it, you literally lose everything.

This is the proverbial gun-to-the-head scenario.
Short Tesla

Afternoons

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Dec 11, 2019
New York City
Gonna relocate the exercise to New York City. Sorry, I know nothing about London but I'm guessing it could work just as well.

1 GBP = 1.3 USD right now. £6000 (£5000 + £1000 living exp.) = $7,846

Let's go!

DAY ONE
Panhandle 'til you have $15.

Buy a drawing pad with those pages you can rip out easily. Buy a sharpie.

DAY TWO
Get a nice piece of cardboard from the trash. Spend an hour drawing passerbys. At the top: PORTRAITS BY ME. SUGGESTED DONATION: $10

Sit the cardboard against a pole at Times Square.

Run around and tell people you draw the first three people of the day for free.

You're now drawing one person and have two people waiting in line. People will be curious and stop to watch.

You want a crowd of 5-10 people. Be animated and funny if possible. Know how to draw people if possible. If not, draw like Basquiat and be extremely funny.

Keep the crowd going and you'll have a steady stream of customers. Ask customers if you can take photos of them holding their portraits.

Earn $100 (10 portraits, doable in 8 hours). Eat some food.

DAY THREE
Spend all earnings on new supplies. Thick drawing paper. A canvas stand and a heavy piece of card stock for your new ad. A nice brush pen.

On the new sign, write PORTRAITS BY ME. SUGGESTED DONATION: $20

Same thing. Draw the first three people for free.

You'll have less customers today, but remember they're paying double.

Make $80. Spend $60 on a decent camping chairs. One for you and one for your customer. Spend $10 on food.

Net: $10

DAY FOUR
Same thing. You bring in more people because people have seen you and your jolly drawing sessions multiple times now. Remember to eat food.

Net: $120

DAY FIVE
Buy another canvas stand and piece of card stock. Make an ad for portrait commissions: PORTRAIT OF YOUR BOYFRIEND OR KID OR DOG OR CAT? JUST ASK. Draw a very detailed very cute dog.

Plug this offer to every person you draw. Say you can use a picture and turn the portrait around in 1 day.

Price for these is $50. You are better at sales by now and get one of these commissions every two days, which you complete at night.

Net: $225

DAY SIX
Spend this day at home, painting something that combines topical pop-culture with famous art. Think Edward Mvnch's painting Scream, but with Morty as the screamer, and Rick running towards the opposite direction while looking behind his back at the viewer. Use Print-on-Demand website to print on canvases at $5/canvas. Rush job.

Net: $20

DAY SEVEN

Make an Instagram with all of the pictures of people holding their portraits. Add the handle to your physical ad boards.

Pay for domain and a month of hosting at Namecheap and Siteground. Set up Wordpress Woocommerce site, and add your Rick and Morty Scream product.

In Insta bio write:
DM FOR COMMISSIONS
SHOP: COOLSHOP.COM

Go out and draw.

Net: $175

DAY EIGHT
Rick and Morty Screams arrive in the mail, all 30 of them.

Bring them out and arrange them in a neat little row next to your camping chairs.

Sell them for $40 each.

Draw people

Net: $410.

By this point you're netting a minimum of $250 a day and you haven't even begun your pop culture canvas sale extravaganza. For the rest of the month, gradually grow your Instagram and add more canvases to your physical and online shops. Upgrade your physical ads to those nice printed banners people use at trade shows.

Cops ask you to move, MOVE. Try Washington Square Park.

This'll bring you to $7,846+ by the end of the month. Pay rent and apologize to your landlord.

30123 30124

Or, I'd tell people I could redo their websites to bring them more customers. Lol.

Last edited:

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
step 1:call 100 local business that service residential customers, ask them if they are willing to give you commission if you can get them customers(almost all should say yes) . Anything will do. Roofing, hvac, window cleaning, house cleaning, gardening , yard clean up, garbage removal, solar panels doesn't matter. just find something to sell.

step 2: create a rough door to door script that tells the prospects your offer in a smooth way, offer them a free quote etc. practice the script infront of a mirror a few dozen times.

step 3: Put on some nice clothes, maybe even a suit. Pack a big bottle of cold water and map out a area.

you could literally have a deal with a business and a script ready in one day if you want it bad enough.

step 4:for the next 30 days from 9:30am- 7:30pm you will be knocking doors introducing yourself and pitching your offer. for those maybe interested get there number and shoot them a follow up text for a free quote etc. you should be able to hit atleast 150 doors a day, about 4500 in a month. 30% will probably answer. so that's over 1300 pitches in a month. this will most likely get you above the 5000/month mark if you do it right. A great thing is you can structure your pitch to offer more then one service.
example (hey i work for a few local companies in the area and we've been helping your neighbours installing new ____ , taking care of their garden, lawn care, roofing,etc.) be creative with it.

From what i've seen with cold door knocking and cold calling i believe anyone that wants it bad enough can create a six figure income from scratch, atleast all those living in a first world country. Idk if it works in lower income places.

it just comes down to how bad do you want it at the end of the day. the faster you can put your a$$ into action and start selling something the faster you'll hit your goal

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Assuming no skills.

Read a few sales books.

Pick a service in demand.
Pick a niche that needs it.
Cold email and cold call the niche to sell the service.
Fulfill the service.

If you can get 10-20 meetings you should be able to close 3-5 deals at the least. Which would get you the 5k and then some plus money to hire someone to fulfill the job.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Gonna relocate the exercise to New York City. Sorry, I know nothing about London but I'm guessing it could work just as well.

1 GBP = 1.3 USD right now. £6000 (£5000 + £1000 living exp.) = $7,846

Let's go!

DAY ONE
Panhandle 'til you have $15.

Buy a drawing pad with those pages you can rip out easily. Buy a sharpie.

DAY TWO
Get a nice piece of cardboard from the trash. Spend an hour drawing passerbys. At the top: PORTRAITS BY ME. SUGGESTED DONATION: $10

Sit the cardboard against a pole at Times Square.

Run around and tell people you draw the first three people of the day for free.

You're now drawing one person and have two people waiting in line. People will be curious and stop to watch.

You want a crowd of 5-10 people. Be animated and funny if possible. Know how to draw people if possible. If not, draw like Basquiat and be extremely funny.

Keep the crowd going and you'll have a steady stream of customers. Ask customers if you can take photos of them holding their portraits.

Earn $100 (10 portraits, doable in 8 hours). Eat some food.

DAY THREE
Spend all earnings on new supplies. Thick drawing paper. A canvas stand and a heavy piece of card stock for your new ad. A nice brush pen.

On the new sign, write PORTRAITS BY ME. SUGGESTED DONATION: $20

Same thing. Draw the first three people for free.

You'll have less customers today, but remember they're paying double.

Make $80. Spend $60 on a decent camping chairs. One for you and one for your customer. Spend $10 on food.

Net: $10

DAY FOUR
Same thing. You bring in more people because people have seen you and your jolly drawing sessions multiple times now. Remember to eat food.

Net: $120

DAY FIVE
Buy another canvas stand and piece of card stock. Make an ad for portrait commissions: PORTRAIT OF YOUR BOYFRIEND OR KID OR DOG OR CAT? JUST ASK. Draw a very detailed very cute dog.

Plug this offer to every person you draw. Say you can use a picture and turn the portrait around in 1 day.

Price for these is $50. You are better at sales by now and get one of these commissions every two days, which you complete at night.

Net: $225

DAY SIX
Spend this day at home, painting something that combines topical pop-culture with famous art. Think Edward Mvnch's painting Scream, but with Morty as the screamer, and Rick running towards the opposite direction while looking behind his back at the viewer. Use Print-on-Demand website to print on canvases at $5/canvas. Rush job.

Net: $20

DAY SEVEN

Make an Instagram with all of the pictures of people holding their portraits. Add the handle to your physical ad boards.

Pay for domain and a month of hosting at Namecheap and Siteground. Set up Wordpress Woocommerce site, and add your Rick and Morty Scream product.

In Insta bio write:
DM FOR COMMISSIONS
SHOP: COOLSHOP.COM

Go out and draw.

Net: $175

DAY EIGHT
Rick and Morty Screams arrive in the mail, all 30 of them.

Bring them out and arrange them in a neat little row next to your camping chairs.

Sell them for $40 each.

Draw people

Net: $410.

By this point you're netting a minimum of $250 a day and you haven't even begun your pop culture canvas sale extravaganza. For the rest of the month, gradually grow your Instagram and add more canvases to your physical and online shops. Upgrade your physical ads to those nice printed banners people use at trade shows.

Cops ask you to move, MOVE. Try Washington Square Park.

This'll bring you to $7,846+ by the end of the month. Pay rent and apologize to your landlord.

View attachment 30123 View attachment 30124

Or, I'd tell people I could redo their websites to bring them more customers. Lol.

Yo! This dude is no joke! That was awesome. :clap::

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.