The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Canva at 30 million active users

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm on the Canva paid plan - because it's simple.

Something that stood out to me from this article:
  • "Perkins said she would earn some money on the side teaching fellow students design programs from the likes of Adobe and Microsoft, but that her peers often found those platforms to be too complex."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
I also pay for it. But that's because they didn't send me an email before they started charging, as they had promised.

Well, but now, I've gotten used to it. And it makes a lot of things so much simpler. Never worry about finding stock photos or nice SVGs again. Now they even got a publishing planner. And really...for people with no experience in graphic design whatsoever, it's godsent.

D

Deleted78083

I use Canva on the paid plan - because it's simple.

Something that stood out to me from this article:
  • "Perkins said she would earn some money on the side teaching fellow students design programs from the likes of Adobe and Microsoft, but that her peers often found those platforms to be too complex."

She wanted empower students to design their yearbook. Good businesses is not about replacing people, but empowering them.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Cool article. Now i gotta wait for Canva like version of Blender

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
I love Canva. It has its fair share of glitches, but there's really nothing else like it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Cool article. Now i gotta wait for Canva like version of Blender

:D That would be quite something! But I'm afraid that maybe 3d modeling can't be decomposed into discrete steps like graphic design.

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
I love Canva! This quote sums it up.. Canva makes great design easy and accessible. I'm not surprised it's doing so well!

"Perkins said she would earn some money on the side teaching fellow students design programs from the likes of Adobe and Microsoft, but that her peers often found those platforms to be too complex."

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Businesses like these have great models where they take technology that's typically expensive, complex to navigate and guarded only for high-level professionals, and they simplify the technology so the average person can also have access.

For example:
Photoshop - Photopea (Free!)
Adobe Filmmaker or whatever - ClipChamp (Free!)

I'm sure there are many more examples, but this is a great lesson in value differentiation.
List all the value skews of your competitors, find out where you can maximize those skews and execute.

Simpler said than done, but it's a solid strategy.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I love Canva! This quote sums it up.. Canva makes great design easy and accessible. I'm not surprised it's doing so well!
I also like the story of how she started by doing something simple that didn’t scale (as per “Do things that don’t scale” by Paul Graham Do Things that Don't Scale)

I love simplicity.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I also like the story of how she started by doing something simple that didn’t scale (as per “Do things that don’t scale” by Paul Graham Do Things that Don't Scale)

I love simplicity.
Yes! This Paul Graham article is absolute gold. I loved it back when I first read it. This one is also a great read if you're looking for ideas.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I used it to decide on a YouTube thumbnail and IG posts design, I browsed until I found something that sparked some interest and worked from there with my own color palette and modifications. I live by Photoshop and Illustrator but for someone whose interest isn't in designing and want a "packaged and ready to go" it's definitely a time saver.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

I got Canva Premium included with the GitHub Pack for students. I got 1 year for free. When it expires I will probably upgrade to a paid plan as I have found it very useful for my business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.