The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can You Really Use Vegetable Oil to Fuel Your Car?

Idea threads

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas
I once saw the above headline and got very interested to learn more about it. The quick answer is "yes". As long as you have a diesel engine, you can use vegetable oil which is a form of Biodiesel fuel. People who own diesel cars can use vegetable oil. Some of them get it free from restaurants and other businesses that must get rid of their used cooking oil safely or pay for a company to remove it for them.

Of course, there's a catch: You can't just dump vegetable oil into your car's tank and drive off into the sunset. You'll ruin your engine However, with a few tweaks, you can make it work. I was shocked to learn that over 7 million cars in the US run on diesel! That means there's a huge market and at the same time a huge source of free oil! Gasoline is becoming more and more expensive and if someone can connect people to get free energy and save a few bucks, that would be amazing.

What if there's a way to connect those people looking for vegetable oil to run their cars and those who need to dispose of it and just charge a fee? Someone could even offer a delivery service if the owner of the car cannot go pick up the oil.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I once saw the above headline and got very interested to learn more about it. The quick answer is "yes". As long as you have a diesel engine, you can use vegetable oil which is a form of Biodiesel fuel. People who own diesel cars can use vegetable oil. Some of them get it free from restaurants and other businesses that must get rid of their used cooking oil safely or pay for a company to remove it for them.

Of course, there's a catch: You can't just dump vegetable oil into your car's tank and drive off into the sunset. You'll ruin your engine However, with a few tweaks, you can make it work. I was shocked to learn that over 7 million cars in the US run on diesel! That means there's a huge market and at the same time a huge source of free oil! Gasoline is becoming more and more expensive and if someone can connect people to get free energy and save a few bucks, that would be amazing.

What if there's a way to connect those people looking for vegetable oil to run their cars and those who need to dispose of it and just charge a fee? Someone could even offer a delivery service if the owner of the car cannot go pick up the oil.
If you want to make a business of the, just do it!
Care of the warrenty you must give!
##modern injection systems use high pressure, with an old 150 bar system you just use veggy oil and good, but the high pressure systems cant deal the viscosity of the veggy oil. You have to have 2 systems in your car and only take veggy oil, if the engine is warm. And switch back to Diesel, BEFORE you stop the engine. That way many car owner will destroy their injection systems and say, its your fault)##

I ve been driving some 100000 km on veggy oil and built some cars to use it.
Make contracts with the businesses wher you getthe oil. Care: if that doesn’t work any more, do you have to take the oil any more?
You can heat your house or shed and anything with veggy oil.
Btw: works with old motor oil, too. Only the molecule chains are longer, the rest is the same.
Much luck, has fastlane potential! ( not in Europe due to regulations! Energy tax is on every fluid you use for driving, so legal used its as or more expensive as diesel )

If you have questions, ask!

Edith. There are running businesses with that niche:

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Someone could even offer a delivery service if the owner of the car cannot go pick up the oil.
Someone. Somewhere. Someday.

What if...

You. In Houston. Right now.

Your brilliant ideas are nothing if you don't pick one and do something with it.

You don't need our permission to choose one of your ideas.

If they're so great, show us.

IDEA - Uber for Real Estate .... the latest real estate disruptor!

IDEA - What if there's an auto insurance company for the people by the people?

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas

What if...

Your brilliant ideas are nothing if you don't pick one and do something with it.

Thanks, Lex for the feedback. The main reason I keep sharing those ideas is that I know that not every idea is a good idea. You don't know what you don't know. For example, in the response before yours by Ing, He actually drives a veggie oil car and he just listed for me all the issues that I could face with this venture. He also encouraged me to ask more questions if I have any.

Ideas just by one person are good but when more people are involved then the good becomes great. I am not the smartest person out there but meeting other people and listening and modifying will help mold the idea and either accelerate it or shoot it.

Shark Tank is the best example of that where so many businesses just went down. Why? Because the inventors went all the way with their idea and spent a ton of money just because they thought it is great and believed in it and didn't care to ask around before going all in. I think I am just doing due diligence and at the same time, I may find someone with more experience who might be interested in partnering up and accelerating the idea.

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas
If you want to make a business of the, just do it!
Care of the warrenty you must give!
##modern injection systems use high pressure, with an old 150 bar system you just use veggy oil and good, but the high pressure systems cant deal the viscosity of the veggy oil. You have to have 2 systems in your car and only take veggy oil, if the engine is warm. And switch back to Diesel, BEFORE you stop the engine. That way many car owner will destroy their injection systems and say, its your fault)##

I ve been driving some 100000 km on veggy oil and built some cars to use it.
Make contracts with the businesses wher you getthe oil. Care: if that doesn’t work any more, do you have to take the oil any more?
You can heat your house or shed and anything with veggy oil.
Btw: works with old motor oil, too. Only the molecule chains are longer, the rest is the same.
Much luck, has fastlane potential! ( not in Europe due to regulations! Energy tax is on every fluid you use for driving, so legal used its as or more expensive as diesel )

If you have questions, ask!

Edith. There are running businesses with that niche:
Thank you, Ing so much for the awesome feedback. Three questions if you don't mind.
1. Where and how do you get your veggie oil right now? Do you pay for it?
2. If a car runs on diesel, do you still have to make a modification to the engine to use veggie oil?
3. If you hear of such a service, where your veggie oil could be delivered to you, will you use it and how much would you be willing to pay?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thank you, Ing so much for the awesome feedback. Three questions if you don't mind.
1. Where and how do you get your veggie oil right now? Do you pay for it?
2. If a car runs on diesel, do you still have to make a modification to the engine to use veggie oil?
3. If you hear of such a service, where your veggie oil could be delivered to you, will you use it and how much would you be willing to pay?
1. I don’t use it any more. Too expensive here. I had a MCDonalds restaurant where I got it for free.
2. sure, read my post again!1
3. its a expenditure, I wouldn’t do it any more now.
I did it, when it cost about half of Diesel price.

Here: diesel: 2€, tax 0,7€so even for fee I had topay 70ct

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

What if...

I am exactly one new thread (with another "brilliant" idea) away from adding @HoustonRealtor to my ignore list.

@HoustonRealtor - is there a reason why you chose to dump your ideas here as opposed to first researching what is on the forum? With a little learning I am sure you could filter through your own mind and improve your chances of working on the right opportunity.

How about you tell us more about yourself? Are you a Realtor looking to become an entrepreneur? What is your biggest reason for joining this forum? How can we help?

HoustonRealtor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 2, 2021
Houston, Texas
I am exactly one new thread (with another "brilliant" idea) away from adding @HoustonRealtor to my ignore list.

@HoustonRealtor - is there a reason why you chose to dump your ideas here as opposed to first researching what is on the forum? With a little learning I am sure you could filter through your own mind and improve your chances of working on the right opportunity.

How about you tell us more about yourself? Are you a Realtor looking to become an entrepreneur? What is your biggest reason for joining this forum? How can we help?
I'm good thanks and I don't think you are here for a discussion but rather to ridicule and discourage. The best idea you proposed so far is to add me to the ignore list! Go for it by all means.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
away from adding @HoustonRealtor to my ignore list.

Frankly I've been way more annoyed by your incessant documenting of your ignore list, than I am by most of the people you ignore. Just ignore them already.

Why must you whine about the posters you don't like?

Thanks, Lex for the feedback. The main reason I keep sharing those ideas is that I know that not every idea is a good idea. You don't know what you don't know. For example, in the response before yours by Ing, He actually drives a veggie oil car and he just listed for me all the issues that I could face with this venture. He also encouraged me to ask more questions if I have any.

Ideas just by one person are good but when more people are involved then the good becomes great. I am not the smartest person out there but meeting other people and listening and modifying will help mold the idea and either accelerate it or shoot it.

Shark Tank is the best example of that where so many businesses just went down. Why? Because the inventors went all the way with their idea and spent a ton of money just because they thought it is great and believed in it and didn't care to ask around before going all in. I think I am just doing due diligence and at the same time, I may find someone with more experience who might be interested in partnering up and accelerating the idea.

You are here for the wrong reasons. You want someone to hold your hand. You want someone to accelerate your ideas.

Your knight in shining armor isn't riding in to rescue you from yourself. This forum is for people who want to take action themselves. It's better if you learn this sooner rather than later.

Lastly, those of us paying attention look for the reciprocity. You've gotten feedback on your ideas. Make sure you return it in kind on other threads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.