The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can you help give advice for a selfish guy like me ?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015

azntitan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 17, 2017
NYC
I don't think you need to care about people per se. But you do have to care about providing value.

That value doesn't always need to come in the form of caring about people individually.
you can actually provide value to people, that is worth millions and billions, if you give them what they need or want.

Like, I don't care about some random people on the street. But I do care about making a difference in people's lives, and in a tangible way that is validated by money. I doubt Einstein was at the soup kitchen every weekend but he affected more lives with his theories than the soup kitchen volunteer. Facebook has touched the lives of billions, and I doubt Zuckerberg scores super high on the empathy charts. At least not more so than any of us.

If all you care about is money then you might as well just run scams, steal, cheat, lie, or marry rich.
In which case none of that shit is fastlane and probably shouldn't be here.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
So you fully admit to being selfish and not giving a shit about helping people while in the same breath asking for help from others?

Think about that for a second.
That's a tall order - asking him to think. I really do think some people lack the introspection gene.

OnePunchMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 27, 2017
A Planet Earth
Hey guys,

Before you guys are getting more high temper, I wrote the title and describe myself that way to make it clearly black and white so that it's easy to imagine and hope of getting touch the point advice!

No one is black or white, people is grey. Do you really think I'm really that selfish ? :rofl:

Why should I share my introduction background guys ?

The world is grey, having some sense of humor. :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OnePunchMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 27, 2017
A Planet Earth
I think it's important to keep in mind that in general the people who are the most rich also helped the most people. They sold the most products or services so obviously more people found their products/services useful. So it's not one or the other. If you have a product that helps a lot of people you will usually make a lot of money.

Also it's really the amount of people that your product reaches and not primarily the utility of the product. It can be just entertainment for example, which one could argue doesn't really add significant usefullness to most people's lives, but if that's what they are valuing when they make their purchase decision then you still get the sale.

The basic takeaway is, you don't need to be the most altruistic soul out there as long as you remember that correlation.

Nice and helpful comment.

Thanks

OnePunchMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 27, 2017
A Planet Earth
I'm in a shit mood today, so here goes...

It amazes me how often MJ's work is used to create cognitive distortions in the realm of "all-or-nothing" thinking.

Just amazing.

Like "help people" means that you have to cure F*cking cancer or something. Or that you have to love everybody just the way they are and be super empathetic at all times.

Seriously?

I mean, unless you are a genuine psychopath, then this thread is just hyperbole and trying to disguise the typical "what should I sell?" question this forum get's A LOT.

"Help people" means to create a product or service that fills a NEED.

Why?

Because people will not buy if there is NO NEED FOR IT!

Even in the case of extreme marketing pushing a shitty product, all that happened is that people were convinced they had a NEED that they didn't really have...hence why lot's (most) of those products fail, because at the end of the day THERE IS NO NEED.

If you can't see NEED's anywhere, it's because you WON'T...not because you CAN'T.

Unless, like I said, you are a genuine psychopath that is physiologically wired to not feel empathy.

Apart from your shit mood, the content touch the point about NEED.

"If you can't see NEED's anywhere, it's because you WON'T...not because you CAN'T." :thumbsup:

Thanks

OnePunchMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 27, 2017
A Planet Earth
Ah, I linked that to the "money making" aspect (I'm open minded on how to make money, I want to improve my making money skills, my attitude on how to make money), not to the "empathy" aspect (I'm open minded on how to be not that self centered, I want to improve my emapthy and attitude).
I'm sorry, it was an understanding issue from my side - thank you for clearing things up! :)

Yes, I got the feeling that you think beeing selfish is funny and a good thing - hence my negative reaction.
Maybe rewrite some of your points?

And yes, props for beeing honest with yourself and with the internet - it takes courage.

Good points!

No problem. I'm an English-as-a-second-language person. I don't get some western's jokes though.

The good thing is that people on TMF want to get rich, being business men but strongly hate people with selfish attitude of making money (I think all business men have, especially in WallStreet).
That's good and unexpected side!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
How I Stopped Being A Dick. $89.95.

Make it a 2 page book and when it is opened there is a picture of a vagina. Then they turn the page and all it says is, "Ok, maybe I didn't".

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
a**hole from Metropolis of City Z.

zhack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 6, 2017
Philippines
I actually wasted my time reading this thread. But I'll put some anyway. You say you're open-minded? I suggest going to the hospital and visit terminally-ill people or visit a homeless community and eat with them. Just do it, I can't describe the experience in words. Let us see how open minded you say you are.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.