The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can we share companies we come across that may be helpful?

cottonbuds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 3, 2018
India
Hey gang! I'm researching competition for a startup idea and have come across a few companies in the space that may be useful to people here. Most of them are startups that have to do with manufacturing, packing, fulfillment etc and are funded by VC firms and other well known investors. I have nothing the do with the companies and have not vetted them out etc. Is it okay to share the names of the companies and what they do or is that frowned upon?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Depends... if it helps people on here, and on top of that you come across as genuine on here... maybe

but I've seen people get their heads chewed off because they just come in with low rep and we dont really know who they are and they post companies and other products which makes it sound like a marketing gimmick.

Also, if you have any direct affiliation to the companies you're going to post I would recommend posting in the marketplace thread section.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have nothing the do with the companies and have not vetted them out etc.

IMHO the real value of referrals to companies like you suggest is in the vetting. You can certainly post them if you wish but I wouldn't really see the value in it. It would basically be saving folks a google search and not much else.

Now, I've gotten some amazing contacts from forum members along my journey but the REAL value was in the vetting and experience with those contacts. Personal recommendations go a long, long way and almost nobody is really willing to post their best contacts publicly.

Of course there's certainly a lot of "contact passing" that goes on between members of this forum but it's done largely 1:1 from member to member on a case by case basis. That's why you'll see a lot of "yeah, I know a guy, PM me" in threads where this stuff comes up.

cottonbuds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 3, 2018
India
IMHO the real value of referrals to companies like you suggest is in the vetting.

Yes I do agree with this that the main value is in the vetting. I guess my idea was that people may not know that there are other options to aliexpress or thomasnet. For example take www.voodoomfg.com that does 3d printing and also handles fulfillment, drop shipping etc like it does for this company Voodoo Manufacturing | Fast, affordable, scalable 3D printing service
I also feel that since these companies are funded by some of the leading venture capital firms, the are vetted in some way. I don't think the risk level would be the same as finding a random supplier using google.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.