The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Can we share companies we come across that may be helpful?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

cottonbuds

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 3, 2018
India
Hey gang! I'm researching competition for a startup idea and have come across a few companies in the space that may be useful to people here. Most of them are startups that have to do with manufacturing, packing, fulfillment etc and are funded by VC firms and other well known investors. I have nothing the do with the companies and have not vetted them out etc. Is it okay to share the names of the companies and what they do or is that frowned upon?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Depends... if it helps people on here, and on top of that you come across as genuine on here... maybe

but I've seen people get their heads chewed off because they just come in with low rep and we dont really know who they are and they post companies and other products which makes it sound like a marketing gimmick.

Also, if you have any direct affiliation to the companies you're going to post I would recommend posting in the marketplace thread section.

JAJT

Ha Ha! Business
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have nothing the do with the companies and have not vetted them out etc.

IMHO the real value of referrals to companies like you suggest is in the vetting. You can certainly post them if you wish but I wouldn't really see the value in it. It would basically be saving folks a google search and not much else.

Now, I've gotten some amazing contacts from forum members along my journey but the REAL value was in the vetting and experience with those contacts. Personal recommendations go a long, long way and almost nobody is really willing to post their best contacts publicly.

Of course there's certainly a lot of "contact passing" that goes on between members of this forum but it's done largely 1:1 from member to member on a case by case basis. That's why you'll see a lot of "yeah, I know a guy, PM me" in threads where this stuff comes up.

cottonbuds

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 3, 2018
India
IMHO the real value of referrals to companies like you suggest is in the vetting.

Yes I do agree with this that the main value is in the vetting. I guess my idea was that people may not know that there are other options to aliexpress or thomasnet. For example take www.voodoomfg.com that does 3d printing and also handles fulfillment, drop shipping etc like it does for this company Voodoo Manufacturing | Fast, affordable, scalable 3D printing service
I also feel that since these companies are funded by some of the leading venture capital firms, the are vetted in some way. I don't think the risk level would be the same as finding a random supplier using google.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom