The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can I place an external software inside a website?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
D

Deleted68316

Hi guys,

Let's say that people access a website where they can use an external and free software. GIMP, for instance.

Is it possible?

And specifically, they will be able to use my account of that software.

Why? Because my account will have specific settings that allow people to use advanced functionalities and get premium results.

Those advanced functionalities can be set by people themself with a little/medium effort. But most of them do not do it.

They also require time to be set. And a fast pc. Which I don't have at the moment. That is why I had this idea.
Since I cannot set myself the software as I want to, I'd be pleased to find it online.

If someone is a web developer and is interested in knowing more about the project, please send me a PM.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Even though something may free it doesnt mean you have the rights to that thing. it would all depend on what terms and conditions governs the use of that product. check with the owners and ask permission first.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
technically, yes. But it’s not easy at all, from an engineering perspective, and for software that have a GUI, it will be laggy, For example checkout browserstack who does this for running various browsers on various machines for browser testing of web apps. It’s laggy but that’s ok for the use case...but it was NOT easy to engineer

D

Deleted68316

yes, it is what I meant. That website is cool. Did you do it?

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
Does this have to be a website?

It essentially seems like you want to do screen sharing, so what if you use an existing screen sharing software? Then you can setup a computer with your accounts for the software with all of your settings. Never used a screen sharing software before so I'm sure there will be kinks to straighten out.

There's still the legal issues you need to sort out.

D

Deleted68316

That could actually be a good idea to test out if the idea takes root. Just have to think about how to avoid people to touch all the settings. Some options should be blocked.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
Perhaps you could make a backup of the settings, and then after each session, restore from the backup to undo any changes a user made to the settings. Not a long-term solution but it will solve the problem while you're testing out the idea.

D

Deleted68316

It could work. Have to check if more people can use it at the same time. And then it is actually much easier than expected.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I’m going to say no, this can’t be done. And even if it could be, it could only be done poorly.

The reason is because you don’t have access to another website’s backend, including your account credentials. All the stuff needed for someone else to interact with your account lives on a server which you don’t have access to. The best you could do is display the content of your account, but your clients won’t be able to directly interact with it.

D

Deleted68316

I’m going to say no, this can’t be done. And even if it could be, it could only be done poorly.

The reason is because you don’t have access to another website’s backend, including your account credentials. All the stuff needed for someone else to interact with your account lives on a server which you don’t have access to. The best you could do is display the content of your account, but your clients won’t be able to directly interact with it.
Thank you for the reccomendation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.